Time to organise army when defending

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know if this changes later in the game, but currently it's a mad rush to try and get some semblance of organised formations going before your armies clash.
I haven't really had time to try out the new formations because I'm just hurriedly separating my from my infantry and trying to quickly find a good spot.

There was a very good suggestion that you should be able to array your troops like an RTS before the battle starts. For me that's an absolute must. But a short term fix in my view would be that if you're defending you should be able to have a head start setting up your troops. Defending AI should really be picking an advantageous position and staying put until you attack them (unless they heavily outnumber you).

Armies seem to meet much quicker than Warband which is good to reduce the wait when you're having early looter battles, but trying to organise an larger battle at the moment is very difficult.

I'd be happy with an option like in Viking Conquest. Set up your Formation and then have a save Button for the formations and Position of the groups.

Preferably several 'save slots' to save formations for different situations.

I'd be happy with an option like in Viking Conquest. Set up your Formation and then have a save Button for the formations and Position of the groups.

Preferably several 'save slots' to save formations for different situations.

Do you have time to do that? I've never played it.
In Bannerlord it's really frantic to look around to see if there's any good ground then a rush to get there.

There is an option further in the Tactics skill that talks about predeployment. might be good to check out.
My character isn’t there yet so still unsure.

There is an option further in the Tactics skill that talks about predeployment. might be good to check out.
My character isn’t there yet so still unsure.

Yeah, this is level 75 in tactics. I'm about 15 away and I haven't played too much yet. I bet someone already has it.

For now, I usually try to deploy backwards, giving myself more time before the enemy closes in. Unless, they have skirmisher advantage, in which case I typically am rushing them anyway.

Do you have time to do that? I've never played it.
In Bannerlord it's really frantic to look around to see if there's any good ground then a rush to get there.

Yeah, it worked pretty well in VC. Bannerlord needs a tweak in spawn distance to make it work, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom