[TIL] Today I learned that weapons you craft, can be tournament rewards.

Users who are viewing this thread

I found a 2 handed sword I crafted has a tournament reward in Battania.

62EvG0V.png

Who knew? Ignore the names lol just trying Battania.

That's because the new tournament system takes either a) a random equipment with a value between 500 and 2000 denars (when sold, not bought) from the items available for sale in that city or b) special, unique tournament mounts and equipment.

In your case that was an item you sold to that city so it was one of the options in the tournament prize pool.

That's because the new tournament system takes either a) a random equipment with a value between 500 and 2000 denars (when sold, not bought) from the items available for sale in that city or b) special, unique tournament mounts and equipment.

In your case that was an item you sold to that city so it was one of the options in the tournament prize pool.

Actually I bought 2 copies of my sword from different cities xD I think someone is stealing my blueprints xD

They're mostly to the benefit of early game, also the only way of obtaining some rare civilian weapons and mounts (unique horses, camel, 2h civilian sword etc).

Not all tournaments are worth doing though (anymore) yeah of course.

Tournaments are so bad.
3 renown, 1k gold sometimes even less, and a crappy prize.

They're basically an early-game alternative to killing looters. They take like three minutes, cost you nothing (not even health!), and get you ... a little smudge more than nothing. No risk, some reward. It's not an endgame activity, but neither is hunting looter packs.

Actually I bought 2 copies of my sword from different cities xD I think someone is stealing my blueprints xD
If i sold my weapons i could understand other blacksmiths copying my work but even if i never sold nor lost some of my weapons other blacksmiths could still copy them, they gotta have spies in my party :censored:

Tournaments are so bad.

3 renown is a bit low for winning a tournament, but the money reward is high enough as it is (especially with the new price calculation). I found a body armor that earlier cost 18k for 3,5k with the 1.1 beta patch. To be fair, winning a tournament should be a huge source of renown, but that would require more challenging and interesting tournaments where you can't hide until only one opponent still stands.

Tournaments are so bad.
They are currently balanced to cater to early game players. Getting mid-tier equips for little effort, selling those you don't need for a kilodenar or so.

Vassals and above have no use for these, true

If i sold my weapons i could understand other blacksmiths copying my work but even if i never sold nor lost some of my weapons other blacksmiths could still copy them, they gotta have spies in my party :censored:
no I think not maybe because just like us when we smelt weapon we learn the material used in that weapon that's how AI able to create it anyway great job on finding it...
but I have a question for you may last play through I have grinding my smelting skill able to almost max it out and make a lot of weapon when doing it I notice that when you make same weapon with same material the weapon name will still the same as the last one you make is this still happening during the recent update?

early game lasts about 3 or 4 hours. Anything that only applies to early game doesn't have much value in a long open-ended game like this. Why not have larger tournaments that get advertised like in warband with bigger rewards, more renown etc? What we have right now is a tournament system that is about as rewarding as the old arena system which no one ever played. And I never even went in the arena on this game because it's probably even more worthless.

early game lasts about 3 or 4 hours. Anything that only applies to early game doesn't have much value in a long open-ended game like this.

This sounds pithy but is provably wrong. Things can be incredibly valuable when they're valuable, and they don't need to be valuable forever. This is true in real life (see: diapers!) and in games (see: tutorials and game system explanations! Or, you know, looters!).

Note that I'm not arguing against ways to make tournaments valuable in more cases. In fact, I use mods to do just that. I'm just saying that they don't need to be valuable forever in order to have value.

I wish there are the regular tournaments, and when feasts get introduced, there are "royal tournaments" between you and all the other lords/companions present with much better rewards and renown,influence gain

Maybe they should have levels of tournaments. Entry level and then other higher risk higher rewards but exclusive ones where you maybe need more renown to participate.

no I think not maybe because just like us when we smelt weapon we learn the material used in that weapon that's how AI able to create it anyway great job on finding it...
but I have a question for you may last play through I have grinding my smelting skill able to almost max it out and make a lot of weapon when doing it I notice that when you make same weapon with same material the weapon name will still the same as the last one you make is this still happening during the recent update?
I didn't try smithing in last patch but you can avoid that bug by just crafting one weapon and if you don't like it's stats smelt it back then craft another and because there will be always one of same weapon in your inventory you can rename them and keep their stats without any problem.

This sounds pithy but is provably wrong. Things can be incredibly valuable when they're valuable, and they don't need to be valuable forever. This is true in real life (see: diapers!) and in games (see: tutorials and game system explanations! Or, you know, looters!).

wasn't meant to be pithy but thanks.

I didn't try smithing in last patch but you can avoid that bug by just crafting one weapon and if you don't like it's stats smelt it back then craft another and because there will be always one of same weapon in your inventory you can rename them and keep their stats without any problem.
I tried it today and that bug is fixed its really cool you don't have to smelt then remake it again you can make bulk of weapon to do it then if you like the stat change its name

but I do have a question how to know if its fine, master or legendary craft that you make I only see bonus stat is that how you know if its legendary sword
actually I think im going to post separate thread about it

Back
Top Bottom