Throwing Meta is Ruining the Game

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree except for the part about horses. Sometimes with great momentum you throw for more than 100 damage on the horse, but in most situation it deals around 40 damage, which is nothing. The damage on players shouldnt be that high in some cases especially in modes where Friendly fire isnt active. In siege, when you play skirmisher and just throw jareeds blindly right into the main gate's choke point, most of the time you will end up with 3 kills (the other half of your throws just disappeared through your teamates for 0 dmg), which is just very ridiculous. Reserving throwables on specifics classes that have clear weaknesses (lack of armor) is okay to me, throwing weapons on classes that have good armor and good melee weapons is not a good meta though.

TLDR : Throwing weapon needs to be nerfed VS Infantry, but needs to remain strong vs cavalry.

Throwing DMG is where it should be, problem is that cheap troops got the best throwing weapons and in big amounts. Either reduce their throwing weapons in numbers, or give low quality throwing weapons to heavy inf.
Yes. This problem aligns with the decision of TW to go for the class system. Every change we make will lead to new problems because that is simply what the class system creates.

If there was no class system, the solution would have been much simpler. Or you do something with damage, or you do something with price. Now we need to look into class prices, which will then have other effects and cause other imbalances.

Pila/throwing spear oneshots feel just as bad to infantry as they do to cav. Imo throwing spears shouldn't exist with current damage numbers.

The sturgian and battanian throwing spear is a better cav melee weapon than all other spears, which is itself ridiculous.
Make the throwing damage be about 70-80 to low armour inf, or about on the level of jarids or slightly higher, and make melee damage on par with other spears.

Throwing spears/pilas should be taken for their versatility as a both a melee and throwing weapon. If you want throwing, you should prefer to pick dedicated throwing perks instead.

Yes. This problem aligns with the decision of TW to go for the class system. Every change we make will lead to new problems because that is simply what the class system creates.

If there was no class system, the solution would have been much simpler. Or you do something with damage, or you do something with price. Now we need to look into class prices, which will then have other effects and cause other imbalances.
If every class ends Up having throwables, you bring back an old broken meta in which infantry were the ones suffering the most.

Talking about "pila counters cav"...
Whatever the balance things are. Holding something waiting for someone is a moment that breaks the game experience of both sides.
"Waiting" should NEVER be a typical scenario of a game. especially action games.

Spears, especially pilas, are supposed to do massive damage to shields before anything else.

Throwing spears were never used vs charging horses - it is supposed to be useless!

It is needed to just tune down precision of everything ranged an make it less reliable for A-class tryhard's 360 double backflip noscope.

Adapt and overcome so you can become good as me.

dc931d7b2020132d6ca75ed358072bb6.png

:lol:

It does not escape my mind the irony that the dude making kick pila videos is the OP.
Okay about that, i sent all my videos to devs for making devs nerfing that mechanic and now it's gone completely from the game. I created topic on turkish forums and told them face to face in combat testing discord for bannerlord. So you can thank to me :*
Now, once again, I am trying to save multiplayer of bannerlord by being honest about what is over powered.

Cheap classes shouldn't have the strongest throw in the game. Movement speed, massive damage, +1 spawn, big shields.. Therefore, no need to play heavy infantry like you can give x5 damage with light infantry before fight start compare to the heavy infantry.
+1
Having Skirmishers choose between a big one or 4 normal ones would already change a lot, its just too much if they have both. I dont see the need of removing them all together. Compare this to crossbows or longbows, they all should go for good as well then.
+1
regular javs aren't OP, just strong. the giga harpoons that can 1 bang people and horses need to go. just removed entirely, really no place for them imo. that would nerf skirmishers significantly by itself and make things more fun/consistent across the board for all classes.
+1

Last edited:
Okay about that, i sent all my videos to devs for making devs nerfing that mechanic and now it's gone completely from the game. I created topic on turkish forums and told them face to face in combat testing discord for bannerlord. So you can thank to me :*
Now, once again, I am trying to save multiplayer of bannerlord by being honest about what is over powered.

Ah but you know it’s not gone completely from the game, it’s just not as easy as it was before :razz:

How long now have we said that heavy infantry and even light infantry are just not worth the gold you use to spawn as them, they (TW) are so reluctant to make some powerful changes for infantry that is not based on throwing or crushing through blocks.

Honestly just give infantry players the opportunity to WW and SS as well and watch spears start working properly (this is a joke don’t take it seriously)

It seems like they've made cav so dominant in combat that they've tried to adjust it with providing infantry with more powerful throwing, in order to provide them with some kind of ability to fight back against cav/ranged, but it just means that actually using your infantry weapon becomes the weakest component of an infantry's kit, which is the opposite of how it should be.

I know we have to socially distance in the real world, but it is really necessary to engineer the combat in bannerlord to ensure that people socially distance in the game as well?

Just another example where warband system would solve all of this by making pila and throwing weapons more expensive so u don’t get 3 spawns with it smh

Back
Top Bottom