Throwing Meta is Ruining the Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Jufasto

Sergeant at Arms
Throwing spears/pilas deal way too much damage to players and horses. That became the new meta (throwing meta), because of the throwing spears/pilas abuse. The damage must be reduced or the perks must be changed (so no abuse is possible no more), otherwise it'll merely remain as a CS:GO ripoff. Those perks for Peasants/Brigands/etc. are immensely gamechanging (and definitely not for the better) because of the 3 respawns. Another solution could be increasing aforementioned classes' gold value (so they cannot respawn 3 times), but it won't change the meta. There's no joy in playing against and for those factions. Please NERF :smile:

Throwing spears/pilas deal way too much damage to players and horses. That became the new meta (throwing meta), because of the throwing spears/pilas abuse. The damage must be reduced or the perks must be changed (so no abuse is possible no more), otherwise it'll merely remain as a CS:GO ripoff. Those perks for Peasants/Brigands/etc. are immensely gamechanging (and definitely not for the better) because of the 3 respawns. Another solution could be increasing aforementioned classes' gold value (so they cannot respawn 3 times), but it won't change the meta. There's no joy in playing against and for those factions. Please NERF :smile:
Throwing DMG is where it should be, problem is that cheap troops got the best throwing weapons and in big amounts. Either reduce their throwing weapons in numbers, or give low quality throwing weapons to heavy inf.

Right now all perks cost the same.
One solution could be an additional cost for that perk that would enforce only 2 spawns:
You choose throwing perk->since it is slightly more expensive you get gold only for 2 spawns,
Any other perk->Lets you have 3 spawns.

Throwing DMG is where it should be, problem is that cheap troops got the best throwing weapons and in big amounts. Either reduce their throwing weapons in numbers, or give low quality throwing weapons to heavy inf.
Agreed, we are playing recruits in empire because recruits have pila and they have triple spawn from the beginning. Btw about throwing damage... Throwing Spears and Pila type of throwing weapons have incredibly high damage that have potential to one shot cataphract horse or most armored infantries with enough speed bonus. So maybe we can ask nerf for these aswell.

Last edited:
Agreed, we are playing recruits in empire because recruits have pila and they have triple spawn from the beginning.

Empire problem is on another level, cuz legionary has the worst perks in entire game amongst heavy infantry. In current meta you have to take spear, so you are left then either with improved armour + worst "long sword", mace that requires range to deal dmg or worst bastard sword in game. Untill proper long sword will be provided to legionary this guy won't see much play.

Also the speed difference between heavy infantry and skirmishers/peasants is so high. It makes heavy infantries unplayable :grin:

Well, if they just nerf skirms - we'll be back to 2-2-2 on all factions + 0 infs on public games?
I think, devs should consider making all of skirmishers shields like wildlings one, so archers could counter them actually

+ we need a buff for heavy infs, because right now Bridand is better at melee than Varyag. 110 gold provides 1 shot spear, heavy axe (u might even go for armor and get a cav drop) + superior acceleration speed.
I think all heavy must be arrow impenetrable when they're facing archers + I really liked Einar's idea of having 110/120 hp instead of 100

I should have known this was a Skirmish thread by the title alone lol. Thank the MP lords that they devs are finally working on splitting the balance of captain/skirmish as this is just another example of something that's overpowered in one mode while at the same time completely irrelevant/weak in the other mode.

If you want one of the oneshot throwing spears, you shouldn't be able to get a shield imo. Infantries do more impact by throwing rather than actual melee. These oneshot throwing spears, just like couches, shouldn't be in the game at all to be honest.

But then again, if a throwing nerf happens, people will start complaining about cavalry again. And so it goes in circles

It's a ranged weapon.
Usually, in other games, the melee unit has "rush" perks/skills/abilities.
I think MB is the only game that doesn't.
distance is crucial but we can't rush. So we either buff melee to a crazy level or give them range.

So devs set them ranged+shield. The word "infantry" is just a title. They are ranged units, with shorter range.
Wait... how about those inf doesn't have range? who cares... they trash. How about the gameplay? we want a medieval game. Who cares...

That is "Competitive". no one cares how we play it. just care about balance.

I like skirmishers the way they are now, but as heavy inf is more expensive class it should be more powerful than cheaper class, I personally would like to have faster and longer weapons to counter the skirmishers high speed in team fight and 3 light javs or 2 axes (no throwing spear or pila) on every heavy inf class and reduce by 20/30% the shield size of all skirmishers, I think that it should be enough to make heavy inf the main inf pick and brigand/shock a second choice class but keep skirmishers effective, maybe give a tiny shield and 5-6 armor boost to all shock aswell so they can tank a pila/throwing spear and have like 10 HP left instead of getting one shot.

Last edited:
Heavy inf should not be picked because it has throwables! That way the game moves further and further away from melee, which is what I'd consider the vast majority play this game for. There need to be other solutions to counter throwing than just more throwing/ranged.

Throwing damage is ok but it should be perk to choose javs or throwing spear not both at the same time like 3 javs + throwing spear for example.

Last edited:
“ahaha they are playing skirmishers what a meme”

I remember people saying that. I really do think at this point we are going in circles with balancing. It does not escape my mind the irony that the dude making kick pila videos is the OP.

I don’t like the class system but my take on it is that in an ideal world every class has its situation to pick and depending on what you want to counter, with clear downsides/weaknesses. As it stands skirmishers classes don’t have a downside but I propose that their movement speed is toned down or heavy infantry/light infantry sped up to match it. If that’s not enough then take away the good melee weapons, Skirmishers have access to Kaskara, Brigand gets access to Heavy Axe. Heavy Infantry in its current state shouldn’t be 160 gold anymore either, 150 would be better. It’s half the reason people are spamming these low cost classes.

The skirmisher troop is in a good spot right now. Why? Because it can keep up with cav and ranged troops. Nerf it and inf will be utter garbage again. Keep them as they are and buff heavy inf by ALOT.

regular javs aren't OP, just strong. the giga harpoons that can 1 bang people and horses need to go. just removed entirely, really no place for them imo. that would nerf skirmishers significantly by itself and make things more fun/consistent across the board for all classes.

Back
Top Bottom