MP Throwing axe melee attacks could do with a 50% damage buff IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

flashn00b

Sergeant at Arms
Having played Warband for most of the duration of 1.5.6, i can't help but miss being able to effectively melee my enemies with a throwing axe. I'm pretty sure if i took a throwing axe to a rack of ribs with a good swing, I'd probably do a lot more than just lightly bruise it. This would also open up for a decent point-blank option for the Volgier and Berserker.

As for why a 50% boost, it's cuz most throwing axes deal 20 cut in melee, and bringing things up to 30 would at least allow throwing axes to still do a fair chunk of damage to peasant units in a pinch, while still making a one-handed sword on the ground a more attractive option.

No, damage of throwing axes is perfect now, it shouldnt be a 1shot - machine with range of javelins.
However i would speed up draw timing/max accuracy gain for a 30-40% to make this weapons more action/close range oriented and lesser a stack of it to 1-2 axes.
This weapon should be akin Aragorn throwing knife in LOTR movies - a 2-5 meters effective throw distance low stack but fast release and draw counter 2h - archer measure

No, damage of throwing axes is perfect now, it shouldnt be a 1shot - machine with range of javelins.
However i would speed up draw timing/max accuracy gain for a 30-40% to make this weapons more action/close range oriented and lesser a stack of it to 1-2 axes.
This weapon should be akin Aragorn throwing knife in LOTR movies - a 2-5 meters effective throw distance low stack but fast release and draw counter 2h - archer measure
50 damage tops on headshot isn't ideal, either.

But the thread is mainly about how using throwing axes as a melee weapon is absolute garbage. IMO, I think the damage should be bumped up to 30-something so as to make for a solid option to melee peasant units with

Back
Top Bottom