SP Native Fantasy Throwing Arrow - No Bow Required

Users who are viewing this thread

hsngrms

Regular
1000 ARROWs you can THROW by your hand

Click gif image to go download page on nexus mods.

• Throw these arrows with your bare hand. You don't need Bow anymore.
  • Based on throwing skill. No level requirement, anyone can use.
  • 1000 arrows for every stack / quiver.
  • Flame trail visual effect when flying, visible at night. + Small burning visual effect when hit something.
How to add:
For developer console users, item id: throwing_arrow
For regular users, first you need to activate cheat mode
-Open file manager
-Go to folder Documents > Mount and Blade II Bannerlord > Configs
-Open engine_config.txt
-Change cheat_mode = 0 to cheat_mode = 1
-Open game, open your inventory, Throwing Arrow(s) will be on the left side

Note: This mod NOT requires new campaign. When you save game with this mod enabled, you can't load that save if this mod disabled/removed.

Please consider ENDORSE on Nexus Mods if you like it!

My mods: Naked Females / Faster Movement / Throwing Arrow .

• Version 0.0.2
    • New features: *Added explosive version of our lovely throwing arrow. **Now you can buy it from shops but, be aware I set them very pricey. It could take long to come to shops because of that. --- Bug fixes: Name was changing when playing other than English, this was fixed.

Hello, I am interested in getting started creating bannerlord mods of my own. Could you be kind enough to tell me how you were able to add a new weapon into the game?

Hello jak6jak. Of course I will be glad if I can help. It depends on what kind of weapon you want to add. Crafted weapons like swords, javelins, axes etc. requires crafting pieces but, bows and arrows can be directly added. Which type of weapon do you want to add as your first? (I can tell both but let's start with one first.)

Thanks for offering help. I may be reaching for the stars here but I would really like to create Thor’s hammer in bannerlord. I don’t really know or understand the limits of what can be modded in bannerlord but would it be possible to make the hammer pass through multiple enemies and perhaps come back to the user?

Oh, really! Sorry to say that but the help I offered was just simple XML editing. I don't have such knowledge to create a completely special/different weapon which is outside of scope of the native game. You need a modder better than me which must know C#. However, I'm not sure it is possible to achieve even with best modder. :smile:

Aw okay no worries. I didn't know I was asking for so much.
I was looking at the source of your mod and I am curious how you knew what strings for the various fields especially things like the model and sounds.

It is easy, just play the game and note the names of items you liked / you've plans about. Then find these items in spitems.xml in SandboxCore module. I added notes aside my code, please review them. This looks a bit complex first but you can just copy an item and only change its id, name and damage, voila, you have your custom item. :smile: If you want it module, use my mod as an example again.

Code:
<Item id="throwing_arrow"   // id given by me
        name="Throwing Arrow"   // name given by me
        is_merchandise="true"   // added by me from random item, to set this weapon being on sale at markets
        body_name="bo_throwing_stone"   // from throwable stone
        holster_body_name="bo_axe_short"   // from throwable stone
        holster_mesh="quiver_roman_a"   // from roman arrow
        holster_mesh_with_weapon="quiver_roman_a"   // from roman arrow
        mesh="arrow_roman_a"   // from roman arrow
        value="250000"   // market value of the item, set by me
        weight="0.001"   // weight set by myself in order to get 1000 arrows = 1 kg
        appearance="0.1"   // default value, didn't changed, idk what this effects
        Type="Thrown"   // from throwable stone
        item_holsters="quiver_back_top:quiver_back_top_2:quiver_bolts_2"   // from roman arrow + another arrows, modified by me
        holster_position_shift="0.0,0.0,0.15">   // from roman arrow
    <ItemComponent>
      <Weapon weapon_class="Stone"   // from throwable stone
              ammo_class="Stone"   // from throwable stone
              stack_amount="1000"   // set by me
              physics_material="missile"   // from roman arrow
              accuracy="250"   // set by me, 255 is top limit, if you give more than limit your game will not work
              thrust_speed="250"   // set by me, 255 is top limit, if you give more than limit your game will not work
              speed_rating="250"   // set by me, 255 is top limit, if you give more than limit your game will not work
              missile_speed="250"   // set by me, 255 is top limit, if you give more than limit your game will not work
              weapon_length="97"   // from roman arrow
              thrust_damage="250"   // set by me, 255 is top limit, if you give more than limit your game will not work
              thrust_damage_type="Pierce"   // from roman arrow
              item_usage="stone"   // from throwable stone
              rotation="0,-80,25"   // from roman arrow
              passby_sound_code="event:/mission/combat/missile/passby"   // from burning ballista arrow
              flying_sound_code="event:/mission/combat/missile/foley/passby"   // from burning ballista arrow
              trail_particle_name="psys_game_missile_flame"   // from burning ballista arrow
              center_of_mass="0,0,0.1">   // from roman arrow or edited by me, i don't remember exactly
        <WeaponFlags BonusAgainstShield="true"   // added by me, from engraved backsword
                     MultiplePenetration="true"   // from burning ballista arrow
                     Burning="true"   // from burning ballista arrow
                     LeavesTrail="true"   // from burning ballista arrow
                     RangedWeapon="true"    // from throwable stone
                     Consumable="true"   // from throwable stone
                     AutoReload="true"   // from throwable stone
                     UseHandAsThrowBase="true" />    // from throwable stone
      </Weapon>
    </ItemComponent>
    <Flags Civilian="true" />   // added by me to make it can be used in civilian form
  </Item>

---

Also just copy spitems.xml to your desktop and read it like a book time to time. You 'll learn a lot of things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom