three basic modding questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, I see you all use NP++. I am currently using NP2 and it works very good. Is there something NP++ does better when working with module system?

llamalad said:
Just by the way, I tried doing the thing to add music to the game as the title music, just as was said up there, but mine didn't work. Is this because the game doesn't accept mp3 files (as that's what I'm using) or should I just go back over it and recheck the code?

You might not have remembered to disable the sounds for the same events. Im going to try this using MP3s as well and see what happens. If I get no sound then you would probably conclude it was due to the MP3s. Though Im not sure because I see MP3 format used in reference:

##  ("losing_battle", "alosingbattle.mp3", mtf_sit_map_travel|mtf_sit_attack),
##  ("reluctant_hero", "reluctanthero.mp3", mtf_sit_attack),
##  ("the_great_hall", "thegreathall.mp3", mtf_sit_map_travel),
##  ("requiem", "requiem.mp3", mtf_sit_map_travel),
##  ("silent_intruder", "silentintruder.mp3", mtf_sit_map_travel|mtf_sit_attack),
##  ("the_pilgrimage", "thepilgrimage.mp3", mtf_sit_map_travel),
##  ("ambushed", "ambushed.mp3", mtf_sit_attack),
##  ("triumph", "triumph.mp3", mtf_sit_attack),

I added a few MP3s and it works fine when I run Build_module, Im play testing now to see if my mounds work.

Edit: Yeah I cant get an MP3 to play. Im trying to set it to the title menu and I cant see anything wrong:

#  ("mount_and_blade_title_screen", "mount_and_blade_title_screen.ogg", mtf_sit_main_title|mtf_start_immediately, 0),
  ("fight", "fight.mp3", mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_main_title|mtf_start_immediately, 0),

This should not be doe to the use of an MP3.

Edit:

Yay I figured it out. I had a small typo that kept it from working, and after I fixed the typo I did not run Build_module but corrected the typo and posted what I had on here. So what I ran must not have match what I posted. Boy was I confused. But at least I'm getting the hang of what order to do things.

My problem is that the first time I tried this, it worked (last month) when i was doing some tests on this but now when im trying, it's not working. this is the code
("The_chant", "The_chant.wav", mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_main_title|mtf_start_immediately, 0),

And i have the # mark before the original title song.

You might have the run Build_module every time you restart your computer. I'm completely new to this but I run the build_module directed at a native file in an alternate installation of MnB ,just to make sure no mods interfere with what I'm doing. 

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about with the "#" sign, but I got my title music working fine just like this by replacing the original title music line in module_music with this and changing of course the "?" marks with your file name and file type. BTW I use a mp3 for my title music just in case you were wondering. 

("mount_and_blade_title_screen", "???.???", mtf_sit_main_title|mtf_start_immediately|mtf_module_track, 0),

Also a bit off-topic, but this gave me some problems since I use 17 factions and it took me a bit to figure out how to add new mtf_cultures. This is the solution just in case someone was wondering...

search for this line in module scripts
(eq, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_1"),

Here is where you'll add this line for how many cultures you have almost like this line while replacing "?" with a number for each faction
(try_begin),
        (eq, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_?"),
        (assign, ":result", mtf_culture_?),
  (else_try),
next in HEADER_MUSIC, I know it says don't edit it, but you have no choice. First you'll need to insert each faction like the other lines and replace the first "?" with that mtf_culture number. Second, you'll need to add a hex number where the "?" marks are, and I'm not entirely sure on there use, but I would pick numbers not defined already in there.
mtf_culture_?= 0x000000??

and that's it define cultures in the module_music file just like any other one.

Well could someone possibly tell why wont my songs play example in battles?'
Code:
##  ("honor", "honor_medley.mp3", mtf_modulue_track|mtf_sit_attack
In battles it clearly cant play the songs and skips them untill it finds a song that can be played. So what am i doing wrong?

mr.master said:
Well could someone possibly tell why wont my songs play example in battles?'
Code:
##  ("honor", "honor_medley.mp3", mtf_modulue_track|mtf_sit_attack
In battles it clearly cant play the songs and skips them untill it finds a song that can be played. So what am i doing wrong?
ok well im not sure about the mod System but i did edit mine but that shouldn't be important to get the music to play when ever see i did a track for a a battle in the music.txt i changed fight_1 to Fight_5 exp "fight_5.ogg 5120 5120"
and i got rid of all unnecessary tracks (ones i didn't copy over) that left me with 45 in the music.txt folder and all my music plays with no stock music also you have to make the first name and last name the song name exp:
Code:
#  ("Menu_Music", "Menu_Music",  mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_main_title|mtf_start_immediately, 0),
that plays the menu music while

these play over the Fight_# music
Code:
  ("Fight_5", "Fight_5.ogg", mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_fight|mtf_sit_ambushed, 0), 
  ("Fight_6", "Fight_6.ogg", mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_fight|mtf_sit_ambushed, 0), 
  ("Fight_4", "Fight_4.ogg", mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_fight|mtf_sit_ambushed, 0),

make sure you put your music in the main directory and mod directory while an eidited music .txt hope this helps :mrgreen:

-Tech Savvy Stan

Back
Top Bottom