OSP Other Thorgrim's thread of stuff (updated 12/11)

Users who are viewing this thread

I've read the older thread on how to get these towns and different icons into the map editor, however I'm still having problems with them showing up. I put the files from the zip in the correct folder and added:

scan_module_textures = 1

and

load_module_resource = thor_map_icons

to the module_info.txt
Then I added:

keep 1 Castle 1.500000 5
castle_wall 1 Castle_Wall 1.500000 5
castle 1 Castle_Full 1.500000 5
fortified_town 1 Fortified_Town 1.500000 5
north_bridge 1 North_Bridge 1.000000 5
east_bridge 1 East_Bridge 1.000000 5
ford 0 Ford 1.000000 5

and changed the 9 to 16 in the map_icons.txt

I'm stumped!?!?! what else must I do to get these icons working?

Blazen, i regret i can't answer your question, but it is an easy one. i had the same problem and someone gave me step-by-step directions in a much older thread on how to fix it. so someone will - i just didn't want to post as if i was ignoring you.

THOR!

hey - i dunno if your directions on overwriting the primary "human_actions1.txt" in the m&b data folder needs to be...

i created a sub-directory in my mod folder titled data

i added the edited human_actions1.txt file in that directory

i then added a line in the mod's  module_info.txt file scan_module_data = 1 as well as the line load_module_data = human_actions1.

and.... it seems to work without buggishness. perhaps someone can verify...? i don't know if my eyes are lying to me on the knock down animation... or if its wishful thinking. maw

Blazen: Something is fishy about map icons. When I added Talak's map icons and then compiled the Python files, I got an error that the icons didn't exist - even though they did both in .brf/.dds and in the module_map_icons.py. I simply reran the Python build .BAT and everything worked fine. Perhaps that has something to do with the error you are experiencing, even though you are editing the "post-compiled" .TXT files. Maybe try to add them via Python and the official module system.

If you use the official module system after you've created your own map, will it over write the map you've created? Or is there a way to use the module system without hindering changes you've made to the .txt files? I'm a bit confused because I can see the pictures of the icons being used in the map editor in this forum, but I can't seem to get them to work via the instructions given in other threads?

Blazen said:
I've read the older thread on how to get these towns and different icons into the map editor, however I'm still having problems with them showing up.

Hey Blazen,. you need to add the line:

to editorData\resources.txt as well as module_info.txt

You can use the module system without effecting the map, however to prevent it from replacing the parties.txt file (with town / spawn locations) you could remove that from build_module.bat.

maw: Hmm, I wish you were right, but I have tried this and it didnt work.  Are you sure it works?  Try change a more noticable animation, for example

Replace the idle animation:

0  2
  3.500000 90 100 268438528 0 0.0 0.0 0.0
  3.500000 110 120 268438528 0 0.0 0.0 0.0

with the walk animation

0  2
  3.500000 6000 6020 268438528 0 0.0 0.0 0.0
  3.500000 6000 6020 268438528 0 0.0 0.0 0.0

I just tried it again... and it didn't work for me... but it was a very quick test (Don't have much time this week)

Hey Blazen,. you need to add the line:

to editorData\resources.txt as well as module_info.txt

I added this line to the correct file for the editor and still no dice?

Also I have one more question; how can you add .txt files you've already edited to the module system?

So in other words its either use the module system or use the editor but not both?

I also wish sombody would post a small tutorial on how to get these icons to work. I would love to make my own but if I can't get the ones that already exist to work how can I import my own?

Do they work ok in game?

Assuming they work fine in game, you just need to add the line to resources.txt, then load the map for the module you added the resource to, click a town and press +/- to change the icon.  Make sure you have the latest version too... you need the latest Map Editor for it to work properly with 0.751.

Thanks for all the great advice, however it seems everthing must be updated now with v8.00! I will try again once things get rollin.

I know you said feel free to use in any mod. But i just want to ask. Can i use the death animation and space map for my mod, galactic Mercenary? Also, do all of these work for .808?

Twas'. though after pming winter, and finding out i couldnt restrict acess to a thread, unless I had a whole major mod subforum, i decided to anounce it. I wanted to make it in secret, but so much for that.

Back to my orginal question, do the space map and death animations work for .808 thorgrim?

Back
Top Bottom