Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

The red borders shouldn’t be anywhere near towns, they should be at the map edges. In selection mode, try B to toggle borders off and then B again to toggle borders back on. Then place your cursor on a red border nowhere near any other selectable object, select it with LMB and drag still holding LMB down.

It seems that no matter where i click, even if its outside of the map bounds, i always end up selecting tulga or halmar (highlighted in red). It will not let me drag the borders.

I have fixed my dilemma! It turns out that it was indeed the fact i was using windows 10. To remedy the problem, I ran the program in compatibility mode for windows XP. Thank you again for your aid, i appreciate it  :grin:

Can not find/load file: "./Textures/quests_window.dds"
Can not find/load file: "./Textures/trees.dds"

For everyone that has this same problem set the short path in settings.cfg file  mbPath=C:/PROGRA~2/steam/STEAMA~1/common/MOUNTB~1

The boundary line and camera line (red and yellow) have glitched on my map. I know the yellow one moves in response to where the red one is, but my red line has completely disappeared. Is there a fix or am I gonna have to start from scratch?

Cheezeninja said:
The boundary line and camera line (red and yellow) have glitched on my map. I know the yellow one moves in response to where the red one is, but my red line has completely disappeared. Is there a fix or am I gonna have to start from scratch?

After moving borders, Thorgrims just saves the result to your mod’s module.ini file by changing the values for Map Min X, Map Max X, Map Min Y, Map Max Y. So next time you load your map either into Thorgrims or the game the border settings are taken from these values in module.ini. Accordingly, you can change the values manually before loading your map into Thorgrims to bring them roughly back into visibility and then move them to the precise position you require.

Finally got past that confusing pathing specificity, but now when it opens it just immediately ctd. Nothing happens. No error. I run the .exe and a window opens for half a second that looks like a real application is going to present itself, but then it's gone. No related processes are running in task manager after the fact either. Haven't seen anyone with this issue. Help would be awesome.

Finally got past that confusing pathing specificity, but now when it opens it just immediately ctd. Nothing happens. No error. I run the .exe and a window opens for half a second that looks like a real application is going to present itself, but then it's gone. No related processes are running in task manager after the fact either. Haven't seen anyone with this issue. Help would be awesome.

Check your path:

# NOTE: if typing the full path, use / NOT \ as a separator.

Don't have spaces in the folder name.

Alternatively it may be a Windows 10 issue:

I’ve not moved to Windows 10, but this might help:

Check your path:

# NOTE: if typing the full path, use / NOT \ as a separator.

Don't have spaces in the folder name.

Alternatively it may be a Windows 10 issue:

Hey I came back to say I fixed it. I went and repurchased the game on GOG, even though I purchased the game from TW directly like 8 years ago or something. I didn't really care to try to find the activation info, so I was using a torrented copy for this cause I thought it'd be easier. So I tried this on the new GOG copy and it works. I heard the Steam copy isn't great for a few mod tools or something so I'm avoiding that. I'm not sure if this is the actual issue or not; all I know is it works now, and I'm on Windows 10 and using it with Warband. Was able to load up the Viking Conquest map on the first try after obviously changing the "Mod=" line in the config.

Weird thing is I didn't have to do the Warband workaround linked to in the OP like I did before? Just dropped the .exe and folders in the root GOG Warband folder. Like, am I gonna run into issues or should I be good if I can load the map up and tinker just fine? I did try to save a map change and the game wouldn't load up, but the map editor warned me when I saved that it was likely because I raised the ground over the top of a troop spawn or something to that effect. Curious if that's the reason for the Warband workaround.

Last edited:
Hey I came back to say I fixed it. I went and repurchased the game on GOG, even though I purchased the game from TW directly like 8 years ago or something. I didn't really care to try to find the activation info, so I was using a torrented copy for this cause I thought it'd be easier. So I tried this on the new GOG copy and it works. I heard the Steam copy isn't great for a few mod tools or something so I'm avoiding that. I'm not sure if this is the actual issue or not; all I know is it works now, and I'm on Windows 10 and using it with Warband. Was able to load up the Viking Conquest map on the first try after obviously changing the "Mod=" line in the config.

Weird thing is I didn't have to do the Warband workaround linked to in the OP like I did before? Just dropped the .exe and folders in the root GOG Warband folder. Like, am I gonna run into issues or should I be good if I can load the map up and tinker just fine? I did try to save a map change and the game wouldn't load up, but the map editor warned me when I saved that it was likely because I raised the ground over the top of a troop spawn or something to that effect. Curious if that's the reason for the Warband workaround.
Thorgrim’s map editor was written for the original M&B game long before Warband. It checks for a viable version of the original M&B game to work with - the path link should be to your copy of M&B, not Warband. The workaround is to use Thorgrim’s with Warband even though it was never written for that purpose. Warband and M&B use the same format for map.txt, however even shared map icons have different id numbers in the two games, confusing Thorgrim’s.

Thorgrim’s map editor was written for the original M&B game long before Warband. It checks for a viable version of the original M&B game to work with - the path link should be to your copy of M&B, not Warband. The workaround is to use Thorgrim’s with Warband even though it was never written for that purpose. Warband and M&B use the same format for map.txt, however even shared map icons have different id numbers in the two games, confusing Thorgrim’s.
Okay, thank you. I'll use the workaround, then.

Hello, I'm trying to modify the original warband map, I want to create some islands or maybe another continent. However, the vertices are concentrated in calradia, and there are very few at the edges of the map, is there any way to add more vertices to the map?

Hello, I'm trying to modify the original warband map, I want to create some islands or maybe another continent. However, the vertices are concentrated in calradia, and there are very few at the edges of the map, is there any way to add more vertices to the map?
You can export your map as an obj file from Thorgrim’s Map Editor and import it into a 3D modelling programme such as Blender, add extra faces and vertices in specific areas by sub-division and reimport the revised obj file back into Thorgrim’s.

I cannot move some villages
So in map_icons.txt I edited all the villages values to be the same as the castles (as suggested in an old post) but still can't select them
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom