Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thor, is there any reason the v.903 Native map would work on v0.8.5, but not a mod map? Onin no Ran's map seems to crash the Map Editor...it doesn't even get a chance to load.

Thor, I got a bit of a problem here. Now that the new version has a new map and limits the number of vertices to 50000, I have to find a way to fit in greece, the aegean and southern thrace into the map. I've made a 800x800 with 0.2 density map to test it out, but I'm running into some movement problems.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that is due to the lesser density, probably because the movement is done through vertexes in the world map. Is there a workaround to that? If I can fix the movement problems, I'll work on high res textures to make up for the less detail on it.

I'm not sure what is causing this, but this is the error message I keep getting with a map I'm working on.  Can anyone give me some ideas as to what is causing this error?
maperror.jpg

Currenlty I'm at 280x280 at .5 Is this more than the map can handle?

Well, that's what I thought, but I made a lot of maps at that size before and nothing ever went wrong.  Did something change in the last version?

A map of that size should work... have you tried just backing it up, and creating a blank map of the same size to see if that works?

As Highlander says though, that error is usually for when the map is too large, or too dense.

This is kind of a dumb question, but, how do I make the pointy mountains like are in Native?

I modified a map and in the process I moved some towns around, but when I get into the game, the towns are in the same spot, but the map is the way it's suppose to be. Is the Parties.txt file just not getting updated? How do I make it work?

Llew2 said:
This is kind of a dumb question, but, how do I make the pointy mountains like are in Native?
With the height editing tool. Maybe not so easy, but I guess it's the only way. Ah, You could also try to use a height map, but I have problems with those things myself, So wouldn't know how they work.

And for when you got time,  :eek: Thorgrim,
I am making a map for Galactic Mercanary, but If I want to finish before this year's Christmas, I would want a color and height map. The problem is, they don't work. I cannot find anything that says "Height/Color Map" in /MBEditor/ nor in modules/module/height map. Where should it appear?

Servitor

I get this everytime I try to use the new buton. I just open the editor and click new.
imagemte8.jpg

PS: Latest version Editor patch set to m&b 903 folder

Night Raider said:
I don't have much wisdom to offer for that other than to try reinstalling.  I have the last version and it works fine???

Doesn't work for me at least. Just tried that a few times. My editor freezes and error report's as soon as I click anything inside it.

Here's a really silly question.

Made a map from scratch, moved towns about, created rivers, mountains and all that - fantastic editor, easy to use and great results.....just one small problem.....

I place bridges over rivers and ingame I can't go across them?!?!? My Avatar just refuses point blank to go over them. I checked in the map editor and ingame and the bridge isn't half in the river or anything.

Any idea's?? What did I stuff up??

you have to actually have a peice of passable terrain (plain, forest, etc. not mountain or water) painted under where you place the bridge, or you still can't go across it.

I'm trying to make a small mod for vanilla, and I want to extend the map... what are the red/yellow boxes and how exactly do I enlarge them? Also, can I add more vertices to the outer (yellow box) section fo the map?

They are camera boundaries and you have to change them in the settings file in the editor folder.  Vertices can only be changed for the whole map as far as I am aware and not for one particular area although you can move them around.

Night Raider said:
They are camera boundaries and you have to change them in the settings file in the editor folder.  Vertices can only be changed for the whole map as far as I am aware and not for one particular area although you can move them around.
True.

You can drag the red border in selection mode, (The castle Icon) which will also move the yellow border. To add more verticles you will have to increase the map size by going into your settings.cfg and change:

MapWidth=280
MapHeight=280

And Change the 280 to a different number. It represents the number of tiles, depending on your tile density. But that's all explained in the settings.cfg file. Editing a map like you want to do it is by using colour map and heigh map I think, I however, Have not the slightest notion on how to do that. It never worked for me. Hehe.

Servitor

Back
Top Bottom