Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

hmmm well i tried that just now and the map comes up with the same spawn points and no towns or villages. and i wasnt trying to change parties, it just came up like that  :???:. i was hoping to change around a couple towns. strange because it is actually reading the 955 native map that way, yet not the 903.

does your 95x come up properly. do i need to edit something in the editor Data folder, because i havent touched that at all.  hehe im baffled since im only learning to mod in general and this is the first time the map editor hasnt worked like a charm.  :oops:

Im having a problem...  For some reason the red barriers dont show up.  Only the yellow ones do.  They tend to move bythemsleves and they dont let me move them... Im using 903..  What it does is makes the camera stuck in one place in the world map.  Here is some pics of what i see in the world map.
The camera can move left to right, but not towards the coast..
MapEditor2008-06-1021-14-27-15.jpg

MapEditor2008-06-1021-08-36-76.jpg

Ive redone the map since then, and it worked fine for a while after that, but then all of a sudden they reappeared and im stuck agian..

Just uploaded a new version which should work with 0.95x and 0.96x.  Let me know if you find any major issues with it.  I haven't really had any time to test it. :wink:

spiritwind:  Looks like your module.ini file could have some errors in it.  Take a look at the values for map_min_x etc at the top of the file, and check they look correct.

Thorgrim said:
Just uploaded a new version which should work with 0.95x and 0.96x.  Let me know if you find any major issues with it.  I haven't really had any time to test it. :wink:

spiritwind:  Looks like your module.ini file could have some errors in it.  Take a look at the values for map_min_x etc at the top of the file, and check they look correct.
W000000t!!!!!!
hope it works though...

EDIT: no... It says "Map Editor has stopped working" when I try to open it...

Version 0.9.0 works fine now, all towns and villages, spawns and all showing properly, thanks heaps Thorgrim!  :cool:

I also get crashes, Vista reports 'MapEditor.exe has stopped working' whenever I left click on the map.

I guess the map editor doesn't support Vista.  Oh well.

I suggest you upgrade to Windows XP anyway... if possible.

Thorgrim said:

I suggest you buy Windows XP anyway... if possible.

Acutally I get the same left-click problem when using XP. It seems to be something to do with the graphics card and the drivers. My work-around leads to the DirectX 9 setting in the game not working though.

Thorgrim said:
The editor works quite well with my Vista 64 SP1 so don't confuse people by guessing.
Unfortunately I still cannot export color map and thats the place where Vista fails I guess.
Good job anyway, Thorgrim.

So... is there a way around this?

I do use Vista, not sure if that's the problem.

The last version of the editor worked on this computer.

EDIT: YES!!!! F***ING YES!!!!!!!
Turns out I forgot to reinstall new graphic drivers after I reinstalled windows few weeks ago

Anyone else getting this? I run MapEditor.exe, it appears on my PC processes list, and takes up 99% of CPU usage until I stop the process.

I'm using Windows XP SP2.

I downloaded 9.0 but when i installed it ,it is saying that it's 8.5. It also freezes up a couple of seconds after loading it and stops responding. Any help is appreciated.

G36E said:
Anyone else getting this? I run MapEditor.exe, it appears on my PC processes list, and takes up 99% of CPU usage until I stop the process.

I had that when I tried to run 0.8.5 with 0.960 installed. Download 0.9.0, worked fine for me.

ShadowofDeath92 said:
I downloaded 9.0 but when i installed it ,it is saying that it's 8.5. It also freezes up a couple of seconds after loading it and stops responding. Any help is appreciated.

That happened to me with .903 M&B and the last version of the editor.  I believe the problem was with my drivers and .net.  I havent tried the new version yet.

killkhergit said:
G36E said:

I had that when I tried to run 0.8.5 with 0.960 installed. Download 0.9.0, worked fine for me.

I have 0.903 installed and am using MapEditor 0.9.0.

Guys i got a problem!
I've downloaded the program, 9.0, but each time i left-click on the map it freezes and i cant get any further.
I can right click it, i can click on all kinds of things, but not on the map itself.
I'm sorry if i ask a question asked alot, i'm just too lazy to check all the 50 pages out :razz:.
If you have an answer, please respond, or if your in a good mood and drank too much coffee,
please PM me.

- Thanks!

Thorgrim, Could you give me the maximum size a map can have in 0.960? Would help allot in planning stuff.

Servitor

I could give you a blank map with the max size for the previous versions but supposedly the limit has increased in the latest version so that should be tested first.

I am having both the 99/100% CPU usage and the freezing after left clicking the map.I am running it with M&B .960 and map editor v0.9.0.

I noticed afterwards that even though I made sure it was map editor v0.9.0 I installed across the top of the program bar it says it is v0.8.5.

I think I have sorted the problem, both my sound and graphic drivers were out of date :lol:

[EDIT] Map editor wont listen to me, I am trying to delete everything and start with a fresh map but when i press Del the town stays where it is ,Help please.

Back
Top Bottom