Thorgrim's Map Editor missing font

Users who are viewing this thread

dejvid221h

Recruit
I have got Thorgrim's Map Editor running and it loads the map from the warband mod I specified in settings.cfg.
However the font seems to be missing which makes it impossible to save or import or export.as
when I click to import etc a blank pop up windows appears.

I have tried running it as administrator.
I am using Windows 10

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Solution
Thorgrim's Map Editor works only in Mount&Blade. You need to copy 3 txt files from your Mount&Blade Warband module: map.txt, map_icons.txt, parties.txt. Edit and then copy back.

It doesn't support big maps. Watch for other tutorials. I'm not experienced with maps.
Veledentella said:
Download the game from here even without purchasing it: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/MountAndBlade. It is a full version but you would have to buy a serial key to unlock some more features of the game.
Here it is:
iO0PSw.png

Upvote 0
Even though not having a font is awkward. It is possible to import an image from the mapData folder. You click randomly in the top left corner of the drop down window and eventually the mouse hits a file either the color map or the height map but not both. Then when you exit it asks you if you want to save. Repeat that with only the image that wasn't loaded the first time and the two get combined. I'm sure I will continue to have problems but it does seem possible to import image maps despite the lack of a font.
But getting a font to work would still be nice.

Upvote 0
Thorgrim's Map Editor works only in Mount&Blade. You need to copy 3 txt files from your Mount&Blade Warband module: map.txt, map_icons.txt, parties.txt. Edit and then copy back.

It doesn't support big maps. Watch for other tutorials. I'm not experienced with maps.
Veledentella said:
Download the game from here even without purchasing it: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/MountAndBlade. It is a full version but you would have to buy a serial key to unlock some more features of the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution

Do you mean that Thorgrim's ME is looking for a font that only comes with the original M&B but not Warband? Is there no way to place an alternative font in the place it is looking for a font?

Upvote 0
Do you mean that Thorgrim's ME is looking for a font that only comes with the original M&B but not Warband? Is there no way to place an alternative font in the place it is looking for a font?
I am no expert, but do what Vetrogor said. Why should you even care in first place about font in an editor which is merely a tool? You can care about this aspect in your mod, but when it comes to this ancient piece of software from the 2000s, try not to break anything the author scripted.

Upvote 0
I am no expert, but do what Vetrogor said. Why should you even care in first place about font in an editor which is merely a tool? You can care about this aspect in your mod, but when it comes to this ancient piece of software from the 2000s, try not to break anything the author scripted.
I need the font because without a font I can't read the files I'm loading. An I don't get the help from the tool tips and it is impossible to tell the difference between the various textures for sea rivers and some third one (a ford). Etc. If I had experiance using the editor I could manage without a font but haven't that experiance. And I do appreciate Vetrogor's advice but I don't have the origional M&B, only Warband.

Upvote 0
I need the font because without a font I can't read the files I'm loading. An I don't get the help from the tool tips and it is impossible to tell the difference between the various textures for sea rivers and some third one (a ford). Etc. If I had experiance using the editor I could manage without a font but haven't that experiance. And I do appreciate Vetrogor's advice but I don't have the origional M&B, only Warband.
I do not question that font is important, because it is obvious that font is absolutely essential. But Thorgrim's ME reads original M&B files such as font.dds, therefore you have to get them. Having done so, the tool will read the files and font will most likely appear. Download the game from here even without purchasing it: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/MountAndBlade. It is a full version but you would have to buy a serial key to unlock some more features of the game (of course if you want to normally play it); buying is not necessary for you though if you want to get Thorgrim's ME to work.

Upvote 0
Downloaded M&B-original in trial mode, put those 3 files in a folder in the Modules folder and it worked like a dream. Many thanks to the both of you.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom