This time last week we were all excited

Users who are viewing this thread

This time last week we were all excited for Bannerlord, wondering what it would be like, how it would compare with Warband. Oh how our dreams were crushed. I mean, it's ok, but it's not as solid as Warband.
Wow an early access game is not as solid as a game that was the update of another game after publication? Please save the crocodile tears for when the game is fully released in a year. We begged, threaten, and pleaded for the opportunity to get this game after so long, and now we have and can see VISUAL progress made to the game and not post of progress in a blog. I am really displeased with everyone who is ripping into this game just a week after being in the begging party.

However I think maybe TaleWorlds wasn't comfortable with the initial version of Bannerlord and went back to the drawing board. While it delayed the game, I think the decision was a good one if this is the result. The foundation of this game is strong and seems to allow the developers a lot of flexibility.

This does seem to be the case, although we'll never know exactly what happened, which is a shame in my opinion.

There should be a section for this forum called useless complaints without purpose, or just call it "The trash bin" it will be a proper name.
This forums is full of cocky nerds while youtube Bannerlord is having fun lmao

Personally, I'm impressed how quickly they've patched up a lot of the crashing issue and greatly improved game stability shortly after release. They've already got a solid game and I suspect they'll keep moving towards exactly what was wanted in a new M&B game.

Wrong.

Base is here for GOAT game. Lots of things need to be calibrated etc...but ive already got more hours here than on 90% my Steam library

The game looks great, campaign is pretty fun, this is pretty much an improved version of Warband for sure so I don't really know how it could be a disappointment for players whose sole purpose is the singleplayer campaign to be honest especially that they don't really care about the depths of the combat system, seeing how many of them are complaining over the fact that there's no autoblock anymore in the game illustrates the fact that they don't care that much about this part of the game which is for me the most important part. In multiplayer, the game is fun if you just want to join a server and have some fun but when you already mastered the combat system it shows its flaws pretty fast, it's less responsive than Warband and character movements make the whole thing a bit awkward and imprecise right now, balance is also off,... nothing that cannot be fixed though hopefully, I just hope that TaleWorlds will take our feedbacks seriously.

Last edited:
Yeah I think every person that I know who was in the really tight knit warband community felt combat was lacking. For me it feels really slow, Rng-ey, and just not on par with warband

Has is only been a week? I feel as if I have been playing it for ages already. That probably isn't a good sign...

Nearly 100 hours in the game and I'm still excited. For someone to say their "dreams were crushed" is asinine and makes me question your rational thinking.

Name me another game that has the intricacies that this game has and has the developers putting out patches regularly. Is the game perfect? No, but it's still a work in progress. There's been other great game that released in early access and made continual updates. I'm very grateful that the devs put this in early access because it allows players to give instant feedback. It would be a different situation if this were the full release.

Stellaris

This does seem to be the case, although we'll never know exactly what happened, which is a shame in my opinion.
We know they scrapped the engine around 2014 or 15, because they felt it was too dated and was to hard to implement new features in and would be the same for modders, they said so in an interview and in blog i think. What hurt even more was some community guy or dev, cant remember who giving an interview and saying release in a year around 2016, i think he got fired after that.

We know they scrapped the engine around 2014 or 15, because they felt it was too dated and was to hard to implement new features in and would be the same for modders, they said so in an interview and in blog i think. What hurt even more was some community guy or dev, cant remember who giving an interview and saying release in a year around 2016, i think he got fired after that.

Their PR was definitely pretty bad back then, especially with regards to keeping fans in the loop. Even the blog posts ceased at one point, and it's not as if those were overflowing with info either.

Still, we got there eventually, I just hope TaleWorlds don't repeat these mistakes in the future.

Reading this forum is seriously painful, a bunch of whiny f***s who don't understand that they paid for an early access game. It's not complete, but you get to keep it forever. You're not paying for a beta. You're not paying for a full game. You're paying for an open beta that will grow into a full game.

If you don't like the game, seriously, just piss off. Threads like this aren't constructive at all.
A way better use of time for the devs would be to call out perks that don't function, or other game features that are bugged. Any product designer worth their sh*t knows that you deliver a finished product with its essential features before you work on anything else.

Some ppl seem to forget that his game is in Early Access, either that or dont know about it at all.
Ofc there a **** ton of features missing, they will be added over time.
Ofc there a **** ton of bugs and crashes, they will be fixed over time.
If you had readed the post about early access from a couple weeks you should know all of this and theremore, devs encourage you to NOT buy they're product if you want to experience a full game.
For now it's time to patch game breaking bugs and crashes (some ppl cant play at all)
Once that is done we will see features added and/or changed and it will be glorious!
So, stop winning about this game has less features than warband.
For now focus on bugs and glitches, post them so devs know what they have to fix. The more we help them fixing the game the sooner we will get amazing new features!

Its a very common mistake to compare a game with addons, mods and post-release developement time to a game directly after launch or in this case before launch. It always happens in the civilization series for example, Civ 5 at release was compared to Civ 4 with two addons and numerous patches. Civ 6 on release was compared to Civ 5 with two addons and numerous patches. Guess what will happen with Civ 7? Its the same thing here. If you want to make a comparison, you should compare Bannerlord now with Mount & Blade (without the Warband) in the Beta state. And boy Bannerlord has a lot more to offer.

I'd like to remind you of something. There is this game, praised by many as the best game of the century, called The Witcher 3.

Upon release (full release. Not early access or beta) it was nicknamed "The Glitcher 3". Horrible bugs, crashes, stuttering, crazy stuff happening ALL THE TIME preventing many from playing, even those that had built warmachines just to play that long awaited game.

Now ? The game is incredibly stable, has 2 DLC that got praised for their quality, and is a monument of the videogame industry. And the people that cried on forums that this game was a scam and a scandal are now praising it as the best experience of their life.

Here we are not even at full release. We are one week past the EA release, which, like it or not, means exactly this : "This game is not finished, has bugs and issues, and may not work". If your dreams was to have an EA product working like a fully released product, yes, your dreams were crushed, but your dreams were unrealistic to begin with.

Let me tell you what "my dreams" were for this game.
- I wanted to find the M&B spirit that i enjoy so much. I did, and i'm waiting for more.
- I wanted to find out what new features were included. I did, and i'm waiting for more (because there WILL be more).
- I wanted to find out about the new factions we were teased about. I did, and i'm waiting for more.
- I wanted to see if devs would listen to critics and pleads. They did, and i'm waiting for more.

So concerning this game, our "dreams" did not get crush, they have been expanded, because the M&B Bannerlord experience has, in truth, only begun, and considering the premise that has been given to us, i think it's safe to say that it will be a fun ride.

If, however, you think that getting a game piece by piece, and not being able to play it instantly is frustrating and "dream crushing", let it rest for a few months, stay away from EA, and come back at full release, and chances are you'll not be disappointed.

+1

Back
Top Bottom