This time last week we were all excited

Users who are viewing this thread

JimmyCakes

Regular
This time last week we were all excited for Bannerlord, wondering what it would be like, how it would compare with Warband. Oh how our dreams were crushed. I mean, it's ok, but it's not as solid as Warband.

URLY ACTHETH

but really, I feel the same way. It must be our fault for getting our expectations too high right? Shouldn't have thought that paying $50 for a new game would make it playable into the late game and not bare features...

URLY ACTHETH

but really, I feel the same way. It must be our fault for getting our expectations too high right? Shouldn't have thought that paying $50 for a new game would make it playable into the late game and not bare features...
I mean, they told us repeatedly... This is not a finished game. Do not buy it if you do not want an early access experience. We were told over and over by TaleWorlds DO NOT BUY IT, SPEND YOUR MONEY ON SOMETHING ELSE UNTIL IT'S BETTER.

Now that you did not listen you are upset?

well am i dissapointed? to be honest, yes. but not by the game itself, i was dissapointed the moment they announced they will release the game in early access, and for the most part i stoppped buying early access games since especially when they are promising its just painful to play them. By the time you have a finished product i frequently got burned out on the games. Bannerlords i had to get though but I will stop playing for now until its a bit more stable. I'm really impressed by the game itself though and taleworlds have an incredible ground work done so far. only area I'm anxious about is ai and especially siege ai though. if they can nail that aspect, kudos to them but so far sieges work as bad if not even worse then in warband. lots of stuff like balancing faction wars, skill progression, more quest variety, story is just busy work.

People complain too quickly, there is a year left to finalize the game.
I do not worry because the body of the game is there, it is missing only a few bug fixes and new additions for a year !
Look at how many bugs were resolved in such a short time and now just imagine what is coming soon :smile:

I'd like to remind you of something. There is this game, praised by many as the best game of the century, called The Witcher 3.

Upon release (full release. Not early access or beta) it was nicknamed "The Glitcher 3". Horrible bugs, crashes, stuttering, crazy stuff happening ALL THE TIME preventing many from playing, even those that had built warmachines just to play that long awaited game.

Now ? The game is incredibly stable, has 2 DLC that got praised for their quality, and is a monument of the videogame industry. And the people that cried on forums that this game was a scam and a scandal are now praising it as the best experience of their life.

Here we are not even at full release. We are one week past the EA release, which, like it or not, means exactly this : "This game is not finished, has bugs and issues, and may not work". If your dreams was to have an EA product working like a fully released product, yes, your dreams were crushed, but your dreams were unrealistic to begin with.

Let me tell you what "my dreams" were for this game.
- I wanted to find the M&B spirit that i enjoy so much. I did, and i'm waiting for more.
- I wanted to find out what new features were included. I did, and i'm waiting for more (because there WILL be more).
- I wanted to find out about the new factions we were teased about. I did, and i'm waiting for more.
- I wanted to see if devs would listen to critics and pleads. They did, and i'm waiting for more.

So concerning this game, our "dreams" did not get crush, they have been expanded, because the M&B Bannerlord experience has, in truth, only begun, and considering the premise that has been given to us, i think it's safe to say that it will be a fun ride.

If, however, you think that getting a game piece by piece, and not being able to play it instantly is frustrating and "dream crushing", let it rest for a few months, stay away from EA, and come back at full release, and chances are you'll not be disappointed.

I'm just concerned that the devs won't try as hard now that they've been paid in (nearly) full. I hope they still have passion for their game.

Speak for yourself. The experience has been amazing for me. The prospect of it becoming better and better because of this passionate and dilligent dev team makes it feel even better.

I'm just concerned that the devs won't try as hard now that they've been paid in (nearly) full. I hope they still have passion for their game.

I understand this concern, as it's a common problem with EA games that get abandonned after the EA release.

But even if i can't promise that it won't be the case (because i'm not a psychic),the work they've been showing since release is amazing, so it definitly seems they havethe will to make it better.

I'd like to remind you of something. There is this game, praised by many as the best game of the century, called The Witcher 3.

Upon release (full release. Not early access or beta) it was nicknamed "The Glitcher 3". Horrible bugs, crashes, stuttering, crazy stuff happening ALL THE TIME preventing many from playing, even those that had built warmachines just to play that long awaited game.

Now ? The game is incredibly stable, has 2 DLC that got praised for their quality, and is a monument of the videogame industry. And the people that cried on forums that this game was a scam and a scandal are now praising it as the best experience of their life.

Here we are not even at full release. We are one week past the EA release, which, like it or not, means exactly this : "This game is not finished, has bugs and issues, and may not work". If your dreams was to have an EA product working like a fully released product, yes, your dreams were crushed, but your dreams were unrealistic to begin with.

Let me tell you what "my dreams" were for this game.
- I wanted to find the M&B spirit that i enjoy so much. I did, and i'm waiting for more.
- I wanted to find out what new features were included. I did, and i'm waiting for more (because there WILL be more).
- I wanted to find out about the new factions we were teased about. I did, and i'm waiting for more.
- I wanted to see if devs would listen to critics and pleads. They did, and i'm waiting for more.

So concerning this game, our "dreams" did not get crush, they have been expanded, because the M&B Bannerlord experience has, in truth, only begun, and considering the premise that has been given to us, i think it's safe to say that it will be a fun ride.

If, however, you think that getting a game piece by piece, and not being able to play it instantly is frustrating and "dream crushing", let it rest for a few months, stay away from EA, and come back at full release, and chances are you'll not be disappointed.
I'm with you here. Honestly with the community and the devs the game has a damn bright future. Just hitting early access and the work being done on it right now is just stabilization which is understandable. The base game will be very amazing indeed. POP mod and overhauls like that are going to be nuts

I'm still very excited. This is early access, it is what it is. Don't buy an unfinished game and complain because it isn't finished.

Honestly, I like this better than Warband for now. Sure, bugs, flaws, some missing pieces here and there, but the core mechanics are here and they're solid. The combat is engaging and hard, the strategy is sounder, the battle controls are a tad better (still a bit jarring) and leading troops into battle feeld good, as good as it felt 10 years ago.

In Warband I never controled what my troops did. Just rush to the front and I'd be riding and stroking at the sides. Now in Bannerlord I'm having more fun leading my troops from a hilltop. I feel like General Cornwallis.

Here and there are things which seem lacking at the moment, but again, Early Access. Companions are still barebones, the heraldry sucks, no flags waving like in the promo material videos, but this all will come probably. Give them time. I've got high hopes.

This time last week we were all excited for Bannerlord, wondering what it would be like, how it would compare with Warband. Oh how our dreams were crushed. I mean, it's ok, but it's not as solid as Warband.
Oh come on, why even post this when you know your view isn't universally shared? The game has 85% positive reviews on Steam and I personally think its far better than Warband. What are you trying to do, discourage the development team?

It's early access. I know critics don't like to hear that but it's true. Since it's such a large, community driven game, we are seeing a part of development that many games don't show. Of course there are features missing, that's the point. When testing, you don't test all the features at once because there's too many variables when something goes wrong. You start with the core mechanics and add more features once everything is working properly. Then when something breaks, you know it has something to do with the recently added feature. The Bannerlord engine is new, so there's a lot of ironing out to do. Why not make early access private? Because they get way more data this way and speeds up development.

Back
Top Bottom