This mod has the most potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Evilbookworm

Regular
I mean, all the rest of the mods are kingdom management sims, or just native with new units/items.  Granted, that's awesome, but this mod really gives you a feel for some of the things you can do.  The camp necromancy menus and the item sets really set this mod apart.  If only there were some new units/more powerful foes, maybe some kingdom management to go with it (yes, I see the irony) this would be undisputable as the best mod.  I had an idea for something similar (but no modding skills) where you are the invader-- gunpowder, and you would build your guns and train troops with them, etc.  This mod was almost the same, just with necromancy rather than guns. 

Sorry.  I just wanted to show I liked it.

I am glad you approve.

I have been rolling around the idea of porting this to Warband (even though I said I probably wouldn't). If I do, I will of course fix the current version, and leave it as it is, for basic M&B players.

There would be a LOT of work to do... for instance I would have to redo the models for all the boots in the game. On the other hand I would only have to do it once. We will see what happens.

I love the mod too, but i think it still needs some way to win in mid-late game that makes sense in the necromancy background. Some ppl gave very good ideas in another post, ability to destroy castles, or some easier way to defend them, like creating a necro-faction.

N0ught said:
I have been rolling around the idea of porting this to Warband (even though I said I probably wouldn't).
Please do. I hear a lot of complments about your mod, but I can't play it on M&B. Plus, WB gives more modding freedom.
I want to play it so badly and on WB this mod is gonna crush down all other mods. Well, from what I've heared :smile:

N0ught said:
I have been rolling around the idea of porting this to Warband (even though I said I probably wouldn't). If I do, I will of course fix the current version, and leave it as it is, for basic M&B players.

I know it has some advantages related to modding, but though I own both I uninstalled Warband in favor of what I consider the better combat experience in MB.  I would rather see all your time go to improving S&S it than porting it to Warband. 

Just my 2 cents.

trueten said:
N0ught said:
I have been rolling around the idea of porting this to Warband (even though I said I probably wouldn't).
Please do. I hear a lot of complments about your mod, but I can't play it on M&B. Plus, WB gives more modding freedom.
I want to play it so badly and on WB this mod is gonna crush down all other mods. Well, from what I've heared :smile:

Just feel like I need to join the party.
----
Yeah, I agree with Trueten, too. This mod is truly amazing, and with Warband, you could have easier kingdom management for your undead factions, some new items mods, and many other things to flavor the game.

Now, I know there is all this stuff, like, unit models, maybe coding, terrain, that you need to import to WB.

But, if you do decide to do this, or not do this, it is your choice.
----
Love the mod.

I personally can say that I love the mod as well... The one problem I find though is that it gets way too easy as time progresses. Once you get Plague of Red Death fully equipped, you are completely unstoppable. Heck, I could go and shed all my companions and troops and still rip a castle or maybe even a town to shreds with it. Other then that, I love it. Only thing I would suggest is nerfing Plague.

I hope you will port it to Warband someday.  I bought the game awhile ago but I did not want to install it since I like this mod too much.

I was browsing the M&B classic to see what mods had prospered since I moved from M&B Classic to Warband.
And my lord, I missed so much.
I would love it if you ported it to warband, the extra potential would be so much, not to mention multiplayer modes towards the final version...

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time for making this amazing mod.  In fact, it's my personal favorite!  Keep up the great work!

mate....honestly....i'm downloading your mod right now....i just found it and looked at the screenshots which are posted here......I'm believe i will instantly fall in love with this fine peace of art!!! I already gave up hope seeing a mod like this for m&b  :oops: :oops: :oops:

so....THANK YOU!!!

and also i would REALLY love to see you mod on warband.....imagine the multiplayer :smile:)))

Thanks for the support! And I have released a Warband mod actually - it is called Shinobi Kinzoku Hasu: Black Metal Lotus - it is a multiplayer ninja mod which is complete, but not currently hosted - you can find it in my sig. Also you will see that i have a Dune: The Battle For Arrakis mod in the works, but I am not currently working on it. :mrgreen:

I hope you have an awfully good time. :twisted: And by all means, post feedback, screenshots, etc.

This seems like the right topic to show my support for this mod.

All I can say: excellent job. Seriously, this is a truly fun and unique mod. I thank you and whichever dark entity that inspired you to make it.
And while I agree that S&S for Warband would be interesting, vanilla M&B has just the right atmosphere for it - it's graphics are somehow gritty by default and armies even at their best still look a bit, how should I put it, ragged?
So yeah, keep up the good work.

See, I'm torn.

On the one hand, I feel Warband is superior to Classic in every way shape and form.
But on the other hand I love this mod in its entirety.

If only I could have both... (hint hint)

Even if it is never ported, know that I will support Solid & Shade to the best of my ability. Because its awesome.

Back
Top Bottom