This might help the problem of mounted pistolers

Users who are viewing this thread

aceholl

Recruit
I was playing "WW2 China Battlefield" mod and I found this.

1-2.jpg

As you can see we can shoot pistols to the left just like rifles(Although It doesn't look very pretty).
Maybe we can ask "CB" mod team about it and adopt it to 1866 mod.

LOL

her torso went completely backwards and still, holding and aiming carefully with a (without the holster/stock) cumbersome Mauser pistol. lol and lol

i noticed, perhaps is my imagination, that on horseback shooting angles in game, increased a bit,
but owl-woman is, yes, ludicrous

This solves the issue, but takes it to the extreme.  A righthanded person on horseback would realistically only be able to aim and shoot a pistol to about 120 degrees to their left, and they would have to do so by crossing the gun over their body (and left arm and shoulder).  This would prevent the body mesh from twisting up so badly as well.

I'd like to find the time to fix the animation myself, but it would be really great if someone could do it for me. (Pretty please). 

Now i got confused...  :neutral:

please, could you make a simple drawing of what you call 120 degrees to the left?
thanks  :smile:

Try sitting in a chair with your legs stationary.  Imagine you have a revolver in your right hand, and make a gun with that hand.  Now try twisting your torso to your left and aiming that "gun" as far as you can.  You need to have your arm relatively straight and be able to line the "gun" up with your eye for aiming purposes.  I'm in good physical shape, and I can only get my arm to maintain an aimable shot for about 120 Degrees from my starting position of looking straight ahead.

lets see...
I guess you're taking this as reference:

degrees-360.gif

which us to say, you have just 30 degrees to the left, tops,
to shoot a right-handed pistol, while on horseback.

I agree on that, can't be more than 30º to the left, in order to shoot effectively a pistol/revolver with your right hand.

Well I am actuaally saying 120 degrees to the left if the person is facing 0.  I'm saying that is the reasonable  limit to my range of motion without contorting myself.

Using my right hand, I can do 180° right and, if allowed to bend my elbow (which is, of course, a little dangeorus as far as recoil is concerned) as opposed to having the arm straight, at least 160° left.

More importantly though...why can't we just let M&B characters switch hands if necessary? Toss the revolver from the right to the left, continue like a mirror image - either on the press of a button, or just when turning too far in the wrong direction?

well, u find that weird, so much trouble taken in name of realism and now we could fire with any hand....
c'mooooonnnn !!
besides, those given angles for firing to the left,
tells me you bend you elbow ---> a powder blast on your shoulder... mommy gotta get angry,
better leave it as it is. Is the real thing.
Please.

sorry YM, i wont agree with that, as:
you, galloping, facing a bunch of yelling guys who will be more than happy to do some xtra holes in your body,
you, grabbing a more-than-a-kilo revolver that kicks like hell, trying to actually aim the damn thing,
across your chest, spiral-contorted as Nadia Comaneci, and, on top, shoot, powder-blacken your shoulder,
and hit??

I said before, had some extensive shooting in my life, very very few times in stress, thank god (or whoever),
as countryside life, now and then, but not both of them together, that i can recall.
Nevertheless, seems impossible to me, shooting more than 30º to the left, taken zero straight ahead.

not counting circus acrobats, oc :razz:

I'm not debating this point -  I'm requesting that someone with skills create the mounted pistol aiming animation: 120 degrees to the left with limited torso twisting and increased arm and shoulder bending near the end of the range.

yellowmosquito said:
I'm not debating this point -  I'm requesting that someone with skills create the mounted pistol aiming animation: 120 degrees to the left with limited torso twisting and increased arm and shoulder bending near the end of the range.

ok, just asking this as a personal favour;
once you got the unnatural demented twisting working on, please, include it OFF the v9.xx next release,
but as an standalone feature?
Thanks in advance

--

Regarding left hand or right hand, well is rather uncommon, to say the least,
that anyone can shoot with both hands, as to switch weaps whenever pleases you.
Ponder about.

aceholl said:
I was playing "WW2 China Battlefield" mod and I found this.

1-2.jpg
As you can see we can shoot pistols to the left just like rifles(Although It doesn't look very pretty).
Maybe we can ask "CB" mod team about it and adopt it to 1866 mod.

Is this really a Chinese soldier? It thought it was from East Mongolia :lol:

Back
Top Bottom