This is what was expected of Bannerlord AI to behave!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Here i am showing an example of what people HOPED and WANTED to see in AI s behaviour in Bannerlord.

- Manor Lords - Battle Features | Medieval RTS/Citybuilder

This type of AI behaviour from the video above is what community longed for and wanted or atleast minimum Ai not to be/have that cluster f**k behaviour of every single soldier to have constant attack animations and constantly pushing throu (stupidly/unneseserarly using memory/resorces) causing morfing Dragon Ball style where soldiers go throu each other like they are ghosts and half of full bodies going throu each other and throu shileds just bcs AI cosnatntly push forward and costantly having activated attack and going forward movement even thou they are blocked by its comrade infront of him/her.

Its especialy noticable in close quarters INSTEAD of just first few lines to get engaged and have those attack animations/movements wile others stay back and wait behind (that way AI wont constantly calculate and use/waste extra memory for constantly activating/calulating movements and attack animations and give some fps/system relief due to those behind being at ready to attack stance but not engaging/not mowing that much) and then when its needed then they get so to say activated to fill the gap in lines or are commanded to attack.

I realy do hope devs see this video and TAKE SOME NOTES from that game and try to atleast implement some of that into Bannerlord AI behaiour/inteligence than having this big clusterf**k blob of morfing npcs/AI behaviour where every single one is constantly activated and pushing and that way causing system to use/work overtime to calculate every single soldier involved instead of having few several lines that are actively attacking while others behind wait for their turn to fill the gap/get ready and not simply constantly activating attack animation and irrationaly pushing throu.

So basically you just want one tactic... shield wall....

"Hey mate, how about we meet at that field and line up and have a good old brawl..."

Also I don't see where you assume first person role of any on the field of combat. That is more like "total war" type of combat..

So basically you just want one tactic... shield wall....

"Hey mate, how about we meet at that field and line up and have a good old brawl..."

Also I don't see where you assume first person role of any on the field of combat. That is more like "total war" type of combat..

Wrong what i want is that Ai has better behaviour and TW devs take a note in way AI is behaving in Manor Lord or tyr to atealst do some fo the things bcs as it is now battels are all clusterf**k especialy in close/tight situation where every single soldier cosnatntly is activating attack animation even thou its way way way behind and is cosnatntly activating movement cosnantly pushing and morfing withh each otehr where soldiers going throu each otehr and ou and enemy ai can like kill a sodliers that are like behind the initial contact line due to soldiers going throu each otehrs bodies,shield so you end up killing some sodliers that arent even in the contanct line/mele but are cosnatntly pushing forward and cosnatntly attacking (making system to work overtime calculating and activating attack animations causing unessesary usage of memory and causing hit on performance).

Manor lords look so good! i would die happy if TW made formations behave like formations instead of a zerg rush, it would even improve performance if only the first 2 or so ranks actually engaged in the fight while the rest kept waiting to move forward once a comrade fell or protecting the flanks/rear from attacks.

Bannerlord severely lacks teamwork, weren't the multiple layers of AI supposed to address just that?

If you select your units to advance, they will move as a unit. If you tell them to charge, they will do just that. Only real issue I got is how cav operate, if you tell them to charge, they might end up chase some single dude, rather than charge into the main body of something you want. So more than often, you just need to pull them around yourself.

This manor lord thing, and tw games is rts games when it come to combat. A whole other ballpark. Bannerlord isn't.

While its true that Taleworlds game stand alone in that the combat is individual and not groups like Total War -this game still looks amazing

Bannerlord needs a "maintain formation" option. that way players can make their own formation and when it the troops "advance" they maintain their shape

You are comparing RTS where individuality of the troops is limited to the dying separately to a game where evey AI is independent and needs to behave as the human being also after the formation broke? No, just not the same planet, not same universe even.
To be fair, current battle AI is not good and battles for the most parts are two blobs meetig in the middle, but if you want to criticize, do it in the reasonable way.

You are comparing RTS where individuality of the troops is limited to the dying separately to a game where evey AI is independent and needs to behave as the human being also after the formation broke? No, just not the same planet, not same universe even.
To be fair, current battle AI is not good and battles for the most parts are two blobs meetig in the middle, but if you want to criticize, do it in the reasonable way.
Every battle really hat involves melee weapons end up in a huge cluster of chaos eventually.

this is the part i am really beginning to dislike here about this game...
Yeah, but I'm talking about how it was in "reality" as well. Things might start out in formations and all that, then it would slowly turn into a utter chaos. A battlefield didn't turn into a mashup of people just standing around duel each other.

I think the Romans want a word or two with your men... or not. They'll just kill them,. Battle line discipline wins. It wins big time. it is a real thing. Those cultures who discover it (Phalanx, anyone?) are remembered because they get to write history.

I think the Romans want a word or two with your men... or not. They'll just kill them,. Battle line discipline wins. It wins big time. it is a real thing. Those cultures who discover it (Phalanx, anyone?) are remembered because they get to write history.

You have all kind of cultures in this game. How well did it go for the roman legions in the Teutonic forests vs Germanic tribes? oh yeah, they died with their superior tactics. That was a game changer for history as well.

Back
Top Bottom