This is so wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

marauderim

Recruit
Hi, this time it beat the record
I was trying to reqruit a Lord

So let me give you the situation :

-This Lord have 100 Realtions with me
-He says he will be safer with me than with his liege - I have his liege in prison
-He says he will be better among my Lords than with the Lords of his liege - this meaning he likes my lords better than the ones in his faction right?
-I said to him i am the rightfull King of Calradia, and he agree i have a strong claim - i have 99 right to rule
-then he says blah blah blah, in this case, my man will accept

so i guess this is a bullseye shot right? WRONG, he says in the final he will stays with his liege...wtf?????

i have 5 persuation, this is not great, but with all the things in my favor, shouldnt he join me????

i know there are a lot of topics complaining about this matter, but seriously, this is starting to get unreal :sad:

Perhaps he is too loyal to leave, even though he appears to favour you?

That has happened to me before, but I didn't have as high relation as you.

I think some lords are just too loyal, no matter how persuasive you are. Breaking your oath is a serious matter in these times.

Yeah, there are some lords who won't even consider breaking their oath. One, I forget who, I have 93 rep with and he still says, "Sanjar Khan? Long may he live!" when I ask him about his liege. I can't even try to persuade him to join me.

In notes chose a lord and there should be be realtion with leage (or something like that) and there is a number. The higher it is the less chances he join you.

Hidziro said:
In notes chose a lord and there should be be realtion with leage (or something like that) and there is a number. The higher it is the less chances he join you.

Velax said:
Yeah, there are some lords who won't even consider breaking their oath. One, I forget who, I have 93 rep with and he still says, "Sanjar Khan? Long may he live!" when I ask him about his liege. I can't even try to persuade him to join me.

Send companions on spy missions to find out a Lord's relation with his liege. Any thing over 0 and you're not going to be able to recruit them...but you have gotten past the "Long may he live" stage and are trying to persuade him, so he's under 0.

Still, the more negative the number, the more likely he'll actually defect. ...and once he hits -50 or -75 or so, he might defect on his own or get indicted for treason.

Captain_Octavius said:
Does he have any fiefs?

If he's without fiefs, his relation with his liege will drain away...similarly each time he's trounced in battle. You can wait for it to keep dropping to improve your chances.

marauderim said:
-I said to him i am the rightfull King of Calradia, and he agree i have a strong claim - i have 99 right to rule

If that's his response to your argument, there's probably one that fits his personality better. The RtR comes into play more so in the next part, where he says men will understand. The best response to the claim argument is "That's good, I like fighting for good causes" or something along those lines. You can get a sense for the best argument for him from what he thinks about politics, etc.

Sometimes though, you're dealing with an honorable lord--what's your honor rating, by the way?--and he's not going to budge until his kingdom's been torched.

Caba`drin said:
Hidziro said:

Velax said:

Send companions on spy missions to find out a Lord's relation with his liege. Any thing over 0 and you're not going to be able to recruit them...but you have gotten past the "Long may he live" stage and are trying to persuade him, so he's under 0.

Still, the more negative the number, the more likely he'll actually defect. ...and once he hits -50 or -75 or so, he might defect on his own or get indicted for treason.

Captain_Octavius said:
Does he have any fiefs?

If he's without fiefs, his relation with his liege will drain away...similarly each time he's trounced in battle. You can wait for it to keep dropping to improve your chances.

marauderim said:

If that's his response to your argument, there's probably one that fits his personality better. The RtR comes into play more so in the next part, where he says men will understand. The best response to the claim argument is "That's good, I like fighting for good causes" or something along those lines. You can get a sense for the best argument for him from what he thinks about politics, etc.

Sometimes though, you're dealing with an honorable lord--what's your honor rating, by the way?--and he's not going to budge until his kingdom's been torched.
Torched or indicted for treason. Taking Towns is the best way to deprive the enemy of fiefs and income.

marauderim said:
Hi, this time it beat the record
I was trying to reqruit a Lord

So let me give you the situation :

-This Lord have 100 Realtions with me
-He says he will be safer with me than with his liege - I have his liege in prison
-He says he will be better among my Lords than with the Lords of his liege - this meaning he likes my lords better than the ones in his faction right?
-then he says blah blah blah, in this case, my man will accept

so i guess this is a bullseye shot right? WRONG, he says in the final he will stays with his liege...wtf?????

i have 5 persuation, this is not great, but with all the things in my favor, shouldnt he join me????

i know there are a lot of topics complaining about this matter, but seriously, this is starting to get unreal :sad:

When Lords Consider joining you there are more factors then the ones they mention...
They will give you and his current liege points.... base on those points will come out a percent... the percent of chance he will join you....
then the game will do random number from 1-100..... to see if he joins or not.

Saying your rightful King.... there are two factors that come from that.... 1... how strong that is too the truth if you are true king or not and 2 if the lord likes that reason or not... some lords want lands.. uphold their right.... be fair to all... so you may get a minus there...

And then it is the personality also... some will give a huge minus to your number for having a personality that doesn't like betraying..... Any lords is however possible to ask to join you if his relation is low enough with his current King....

Phoss said:
Dude...you're....driving...me nuts....what, with....all...the......

But it's fun if you imagine William Shatner reading his post:

The ... percent of chance ... he will ... join you

Phoss said:
Dude...you're....driving...me nuts....what, with....all...the......
I'm so... sorry... I'll try my best too.... stop doing what you hate... with all my ..... love.... and ..... care...... Karmine..... o....k....i....b.....a...i

But yea I do the "......" thingy when I feel like it will catch people eyes more on certain points in my post. It is done for a reason to catch readers eyes.

Karmine said:
But yea I do the "......" thingy

dumbanddumber2010852.jpg
  Did someone mention the "......" thingie?

i didnt mention it but, i saved before speaking to him, i tried all the options, allways the same result

after that atemp, i got a lord into my faction, but like all but one of all my lords, he come by being kicked from his last faction, so i guess i am just an outcast faction, made by unwanted lords, great, anyway, i will keep beating them down

and yes, i send my companions to spy who is in bad relations with their liege, this one was one of them, but it seams, he just like to be kicked by me...masochist

anyway, this is so frustrating, this kinda kill that bound we create when a lord comes by his will, not by being kicked from their faction for treason :sad:

With some lords, you get an option to say "I heard you quarreled with (Insert lords name here)", or something similar.

Sometimes the lord will say his liege sided with the other lord. They are the lords most likely to join you, I think.

Lol its programmed some just stay loyal. like the marshals usually, or the ones that have like more family members i think. and sometimes, some leave ands are indicted for treason too much. like this one lord, devlian. was like in every faction. then he just leaves realm.

Back
Top Bottom