This is how my skirmish experience has been this month... and the 3 other months before this

Users who are viewing this thread

Before you watch it, note that there's no symbols visible in the full clips that could explain these moments.
And this is just a small part of the clips I could have put into this.

I feel like every week this just gets worse. Also ontop of this I have alot of moments where attacks wont hit or blocks wont block until small delay, and when it happens Im usually dead before it even does it. No clue how long Im still going to play this until I realise I could do something else with my life than play a broken game and get frustrated because of it. I can remember 1 year ago when I could even do a long, actually fun 1v1 duel without a problem. Today its just that what the video shows.

There is only one part where I disagree with you that is not a problem and that was the legionary one at 1:27 I say this because even though you can block any right or left swing attack with EITHER block direction, there was so much space that you did not cover so you should've been hit there. Even though technically speaking it did hit your block, the rest of it was similar to my experiences with the weird ass blocking system and what not. It is possible to block ANY attack with ANY block as I have already proven it in my multiple duels with different people, but this video is just crazy in shedding much needed light in this strange and not at all polished system.

0:11

But hey guys, the fanboys says the game is amazing.

How anyone can say this with a straight face with such massive problems is beyond me. I don't care if it's early access, how this hasn't been fixed is beyond me.

I won't defend the javelin stuff, that stuff is bull**** and everyone knows. But for the melee clips, your footwork is terrible. You are constantly forcing yourself into situations where you are off-center from your opponent's attack and you're going full mast on the W key when that's clearly making it harder for you to prepare your camera for the next move. The combat system has its obvious flaws, but if you understood the mechanics you wouldn't die like this.

At 0:00, the very first one where you're Aserai, you can tell that you let go of the block right before you were hit. Even if your shield is completely up still, if you're no longer in the blocking "state" then the enemy attack will register. Bannerlord isn't really a hardcore physics based game where the shield will still block the hit if it's in the way, it all depends on what state your animation is in.

But yeah, most of the rest are just straight up scuffed. Bannerlord definitely has desync problems.

"We dont need larger invisible hitboxes surrounding our shields like in warband to prevent this. We want shields to be realistic"

-Taleworlds day 1 of the closed alpha when this same stuff was brought up by myself and others.
-Tork and other Devils Advocates unironically when the game first released.

@Jymy175 You just have to S key bro. Stop playing this game like it's Warband, it's not Warband. The devs bestowed upon you the power of infinite S key bro. This is a Bannerlord Man.

Blocking needs larger hitboxes to protect the sides further, player capsules need increased to make it harder to push around the side of players, and the arcs of swings need shortened so that swings are more accurate and contained.

Some combination of minor tweaks to the above would improve melee, particularly groupfighting.

giphy.gif

The truth has been there since July 2019, just have to believe.

"We dont need larger invisible hitboxes surrounding our shields like in warband to prevent this. We want shields to be realistic"

-Taleworlds day 1 of the closed alpha when this same stuff was brought up by myself and others.
-Tork and other Devils Advocates unironically when the game first released.

I dont want invisible hitboxes either, I want bigger shields.

I thought I was the only one dealing with this type of bugs, I have been noticing recently some of this myself...
I have the shield up and the guy throws a javeling that bypasses my shield, me blocking a upper attack and the guy swings and kills me anyways, I do a swing that bypasses the enemy player wihout dealing any sort of damage... this needs some serious fixing

Back
Top Bottom