This is embarassing

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
How could you RELEASE this game like this?
FINISHED MY ASS!

Issues from 2020 are still here:
Can't join army because A.I is braindead.
Armies won't break siege to GTFO or help...
Unbalance factions and units both in manual battles AND campaign.

Not enough features to alleviate the miserable experience of losing a party or beign taken prisoner.
Oh you lost a party after A.I suicided,NOTHING TO COMPENSATE FOR YOU NADA!!!!
BUH BYE CAVALRY!!! --- any army commander after suiciding my carefully build party

No,no,no it's my fault for joining an army to have fun,this is on me.
Shouldn't have never trusted TW to have fixed this horrendous A.I.
Joining Army shouldn't even be a mechanic at how bad it is.
I set my expectations low and you underperformed...

How could you RELEASE this game like this?
FINISHED MY ASS!

Issues from 2020 are still here:
Can't join army because A.I is braindead.
Armies won't break siege to GTFO or help...
Unbalance factions and units both in manual battles AND campaign.

Not enough features to alleviate the miserable experience of losing a party or beign taken prisoner.
Oh you lost a party after A.I suicided,NOTHING TO COMPENSATE FOR YOU NADA!!!!
BUH BYE CAVALRY!!! --- any army commander after suiciding my carefully build party

No,no,no it's my fault for joining an army to have fun,this is on me.
Shouldn't have never trusted TW to have fixed this horrendous A.I.
Joining Army shouldn't even be a mechanic at how bad it is.
I set my expectations low and you underperformed...
But-but-but Bannerlord has 50,000 concurrent players on Steam! It's the greatest game of all time!

Unfortunately Bannerlord makes a very good first impression, and vast majority of people will never make it past mid-game, so most folks will give the game nothing but praise. This more or less let's TW off the hook for having to do anything about the game, because if it's selling well, why really put effort into the game to make it better? Sadly life is all about "good enough".

Course I would argue the better you make the game the more it'll sell in the long run. But pretty sure TW is banking on mods for post release sales, worked wonders for Warband. And let's be honest most playing on PC are using mods now, especially with Steam Workshop making it super easy. I feel a tad bad for console players, but game really shouldn't be on those platforms to begin with.

Losing parties/troops isn't really that big of deal, since you can re-assemble those fairly quickly. But yeah losing all your horses is the real deal breaker, since you will not get those back quickly, if ever. Course you don't really need lots of horses, but they are nice. I just opt for acquiring decent amount of cavalry, infantry can walk.

That said I 100% agree about unit balance. It's simply unforgivable after 2.5 years of EA, and close to 10 years of development. Which is why sadly I've taken on it myself to balance the troop trees as best I can. Obviously you can't have 100% perfect balance in a game like this, but ya know if you got two troops, same tier, same type of unit (i.e. sword & shield) you should not suffer/nor benefit from total landslide victories in a straight up 1v1. It should not be up to the player to know that said T2 is absolute crap (see Aserai Tribesman) so you should avoid it as much as possible. No, the player should be trying to learn what units strategically counter each other - not what effectively makes the game easy mode *cough* Khan's Guard *cough*.

Should actually see if they bothered to require a war horse for Sword Sisters...

Nope! There you go kids free horse upgrades! Now you get to play just like the A.I. (Though Gallant Sword Sister is so bad without helmet or decent armor, it may be justified LOL)
JqoLAlY.png

Here's a crazy idea, how about a unit that's extremely expensive to hire, costs 18 denars a day, actually be freaking good for something?
opUrtby.png

XQAQPIt.png

Thank you TW for helping me find my inner Gordon Ramsay
200w.gif

The worst bug still must be to fight an enemy that has fled and loose all battle experience from the original fight. Okey if 50% of that enemy is still healthy. But when 4 of 200 can create this. Sigh

There should be an option. Continue the pursuit and loose good rep, gain roughery.

Yeah AI army is a noob trap, probably always will be. Your own army? It's good for having stuff to shove in garrisons, but really the heavy lifting is going to come from the same core of 200 or less good troops.

Having to stay certain time on battlefield to properly loot might be a good decision point for player. Should I get all goodies and let enemy get away? Or maybe I should continue pursuing and crush them completly leaving all that loot there to be picked by locals🤔

Having to stay certain time on battlefield to properly loot might be a good decision point for player. Should I get all goodies and let enemy get away? Or maybe I should continue pursuing and crush them completly leaving all that loot there to be picked by locals🤔
You can't actually be thinking of turning this bug into a feature.

Back
Top Bottom