SP - World Map This game urgently needs an improved campaign map pathfinding algorithm

Users who are viewing this thread

The pathfinding in the campaign map is just awful. I have uploaded this scenario to imgur to explain:

Does anyone know how the pathfinding is implemented in bannerlord?

8479dd0c117f1ec30270292f1326b807.png
Try also this, it might help manage the problem.

The pathfinding in the campaign map is just awful. I have uploaded this scenario to imgur to explain:

Does anyone know how the pathfinding is implemented in bannerlord?

Pathfinding focuses on the shortest distance as you illustrated. The scene editor allows movement costs to be added to terrain navmesh faces, but TW have not used this on their worldmap (mainly used by them in mission scenes to make certain routes less preferred). I presume it isn't used on the campaign map navmesh as TW have coded varying movement speed through forests for different factions. Movement penalties can be modded into the campaign map as additional navmesh movement costs, but I don't know how much of a performance impact this may have on low end pcs.
The movement costs added are in game metres. The shortest route algorithm just factors those additional metres into its distance calculation.

Pathfinding focuses on the shortest distance as you illustrated. The scene editor allows movement costs to be added to terrain navmesh faces, but TW have not used this on their worldmap (mainly used by them in mission scenes to make certain routes less preferred). I presume it isn't used on the campaign map navmesh as TW have coded varying movement speed through forests for different factions. Movement penalties can be modded into the campaign map as additional navmesh movement costs, but I don't know how much of a performance impact this may have on low end pcs.
The movement costs added are in game metres. The shortest route algorithm just factors those additional metres into its distance calculation.
Where do I find the scene editor? I'm brand new to modding bannerlord. Are there any solid guides for it out there?

Back
Top Bottom