This game sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

At least for me, the frustration isn't with the game in isolation. It's a fun timewaster if you don't care about roleplay. But what makes it such an annoying experience is all the easily avoidable, really poor design decisions that I know even I could have done a better job with. There are literally hundreds of them, and I can't play the game without thinking "why the hell did they do that?" a thousand times. What makes it so annoying is that there is potential for a much less schizophrenic and grindy game than this, but with the current direction of development that is almost certainly never going to happen. 10+ years of development and some truly ingenious technical artists who managed to get 1000 vs 1000 battles at 60fps, all ruined by a campaign so poorly designed, sloppily tested and thoroughly unenjoyable that it boggles my mind.

A lot of people defending this game have internalised the Early Access mindset, judging the game by what they think it will be eventually with all the overhaul mods they dream of. But nothing has fundamentally changed about the game since release and it's a pipe dream to think they'll pull out a secret gigapatch that removes all the bad design.
This. The silly little trainee white-knights here need to take a minute.... and read this.

Last edited:
I hear you. Not saying it's AAA.

I am the opposite, though. I never do EA. I didn't get M&B because I never do EA. But Viking Conquest... it made me say "Oh, I'm definitely giving these insane geniuses some more money"

It's not perfect. My expectations however, have been met 5 times over
I am the opposite to your opposite. Bannerlord has made me say: I will never again give them money.

Stop using only steam review numbers only, take the context of the reviews.
Facts. People think steam is the only place bannerlord is reviewed by people. On every platform the reviews are overwhelmingly positive especially on consoles. Likewise individual reviewers are also giving high scores, when you look at the overall big picture, it's clear bannerlord is a good game. It's like saying the scrub daddy is crap because some salty crusts in a forum think it sucks, but the product itself is overwhelmingly well recieved.

Last edited:
the scrub daddy is crap because some crusty scrubs in a forum think it sucks but the product itself is overwhelmingly well recieved.
it's funny because you're exactly the demographic taleworlds ruined this game for, your a-typical COD casual who need nothing from a game but dumbed down constant action to entertain their limited brain for a few hours

taleworlds sold out for teenagers who call people scrubs ..................

[/QUOTE]
it's funny because you're exactly the demographic taleworlds ruined this game for, your a-typical COD casual

You know a-typical means not typical right? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. People play COD pretty serious lol. You think you play more seriously ok but just because you play games with a constipated expression doesn't mean you're playing more "seriously."

I am the opposite to your opposite. Bannerlord has made me say: I will never again give them money.

Same. I am willing to change my mind if they are willing to put more effort into the game, but with the space game definitely being a thing, I'm starting to really doubt it.

And people accepting TW delivering an unpolished, largely featureless "sequel" and telling others they should just be happy they got this pile of disappointment is half the problem.

You know a-typical means not typical right? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. People play COD pretty serious lol. You think you play more seriously ok but just because you play games with a constipated expression doesn't mean you're playing more "seriously."

aye im dyslexic, and no where did i talk about playing "seriously" or in your language tryhard

i cant type properly and you can't read properly

And people accepting TW delivering an unpolished, largely featureless "sequel" and telling others they should just be happy they got this pile of disappointment is half the problem.
You're free to have your own opinions, but why do you continue to expect more?

I told my story because I came to Warband/VC very late, and thought it was just special enough to sink *unseemly hours* into the modded engine.

If I was some cultureless schmuck who expected my money's worth from a video game company in the year of our lord post-2000, then maybe I would have the opinion that BL 'sucks', but, here we both are.

Edit: no, on 2nd thought delete your account and system32, because you expect MORE than your money's worth.

They were a team of horse-crazed Turks who delivered something that I think can safely be called ***ART***, and now you're complaining you don't like the art. Who cares.

This is a common misappropriation -thinking that the longterm fanbase dont appreciate the Engine -we all appreciate the Engine that was built for M&B that allows us to have 100's of units battle it out. The complaints are that we know its also capable of giving us a much more fleshed out experience in terms of a sensical world in which player can really make a mark and have interesting interactions.

So again -dont make the mistake of thinking we dont appreciate the engine they developed from 2 turks -its the errant trajectory that is contested.

aye im dyslexic, and no where did i talk about playing "seriously" or in your language tryhard

i cant type properly and you can't read properly
"Tryhard" wtf I thought I was a casual. How you gonna blame the reader for reading what you typed lol.

R

When has TW ever delivered that part???

Viking Conquest was a mod they bought.

Very often games, especially ones with strong mod support that are used as platforms will incorporate the better ideas of their mods as they work almost like fresh eyes for enhancements to the game. Not only did they not do that but they took away things like talking to lords and getting an idea of he worlds goings on thru communication, feasts etc.. And yes i know the oh so obvious "yeah but feasts sucked..!" -exactly, they needed to be expanded upon not reduced.

The only thing imo that got better was the melee combat itself and animations -the world itself feels totally random and meaningless

Last edited:
Re-read the ridiculous title and opening post of this thread and say that again.

The engine can be great and often newcomers to the series cant understand what there could possibly be to complain about as this engine does what none before had. But long term fans especially those that have done modding and know the code can hold dual beliefs at the same time -Great Engine/bad execution

"Tryhard" wtf I thought I was a casual. How you gonna blame the reader for reading what you typed lol.
i can see you're struggling to interpret basic sentences

starLord
giphy.gif

The engine can be great and often newcomers to the series cant understand what there could possibly be to complain about as this engine does what none before had. But long term fans especially those that have done modding and know the code can hold dual beliefs at the same time -Great Engine/bad execution
This is a bs thread. The game’s flawed but it doesn’t suck and the devs are competent. Yes, it could be a lot better, but SP is worth the price. MP instability is inexcusable.

Yes, it could be a lot better, but SP is worth the price
See heres the conundrum -it simple wasn't worth the price to me. Feel like i was served half a meal and for a long while here -i gave them the benefit of the doubt that the best was still to come -they just needed time. It was really when Mexxico was very active here and he kept taking softballs, and what i mean are really obvious and easy recommendations from the community to their Staff Board always to return with a "they said no." -thats when I realized they had no intention of fleshing out a rewarding SP experience. Thats when i turned.

So you dont like the wording of the thread title or the first post -no biggie -its the sentiment that rings true for me.

Back
Top Bottom