This game sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

They're right tho, reviews are amazing and it's clear a majority of people outside forums actually love the game flaws and all. People just get stuck in a negative feed back loop here. Tons of improvements can and should be made but I still see it as a cult classic type of game in the future, same as Warband.

You're just throwing insults around until you find one that sticks. Are you still sore about the argument you had last year with Ser Jon where you denied the Armenian genocide? Stop trying to start ****.
the dude sitting here for years, whining about how bad this game is with 1.5k comments - I was just pointing to the true source of his hate

They're right tho, reviews are amazing
Bannerlord's Steam reviews are average by Steam standards. Someone posted the statistics for Steam reviews and 85% is literally average, a game has to be outright bad to get "Mixed" reviews and totally unplayable broken to get "Negative" reviews.

As for game journalist reviews, IGN gave it a 7/10 (which, again, is "average" by industry standards) and there was another publication (RPS I think) that gave it an underwhelming review.
and it's clear a majority of people outside forums actually love the game flaws and all
Clear based on what?
People just get stuck in a negative feed back loop here.
Because there's a lot of problems with the game.

Playing Bannerlord itself creates that negative feedback loop. It's a repetitive, grindy experience which is easy to exploit but full of frustrating, unfair nonsense by the AI if you try and play properly.

And the worst part is that it is so close to being a good game, most of the mechanics are there but just so broken to make it unfun.
Tons of improvements can and should be made but I still see it as a cult classic type of game in the future, same as Warband.
The problem is Warband is still a more functional game in many aspects than Bannerlord.

Many core game mechanics like war/peace decs, relation, levelling, voting, kingdoms dying off, armour actually functioning, and many more all work better in Warband and make it much less frustrating and more enjoyable to play.

It's not just steam reviews most reviewers across the board are positive about the game, hell the reviews on the console game pages for xbox and Playstation, steam, gog, pcgamer, metacritic, general Google reviews all positive. That's a ton of people. More people like the game than hate it and its funny so many people here do nothing except full time **** on the game and think innovation is bad. Like outside these forums people still enjoy the game lol everyone out here just confirming their own biasis to each other and not looking at all the sources. Warband is objectively worse in every way its hilarious people still clinging with white knuckles to that concept but Bannerlord is obviously better eye test and reviews can confirm that.

It's not just steam reviews most reviewers across the board are positive about the game, hell the reviews on the console game pages for xbox and Playstation, steam, gog, pcgamer, metacritic, general Google reviews all positive. That's a ton of people. More people like the game than hate it and its funny so many people here do nothing except full time **** on the game and think innovation is bad. Like outside these forums people still enjoy the game lol everyone out here just confirming their own biasis to each other and not looking at all the sources. Warband is objectively worse in every way its hilarious people still clinging with white knuckles to that concept but Bannerlord is obviously better eye test and reviews can confirm that.
>"It's not just Steam" - proceeds to list Steam twice
>Repeating yourself with no source after being asked for a source
>weird "think innovation is bad" strawman
>Objectively worse in every way
>"Eye test"
Ah so this is a trolling account, got it.

Like I said -everyone here should just go radio silent -unless theres news of a dlc or whatever -this place would be a wasteland. The few stragglers trying to convince everyone else how awesome they know the game must be would be like zombies in a human-less world. Now if the game was really that great -they'd be discussing all kinds of fun strategies and emergent happenings in the game world -but that aint happening.

You're a definition of the Dunning–Kruger effect

Sure thing.

the dude sitting here for years, whining about how bad this game is with 1.5k comments - I was just pointing to the true source of his hate

Your victim complex has nothing to do with me, nor your inability to accept criticisms of things you like (such as video games). If you're going to be upset that I point out bad things about a video game, or be upset with me for telling you the Armenian Genocide happened, just say that and skip the dramatics.

You're just throwing insults around until you find one that sticks. Are you still sore about the argument you had last year with Ser Jon where you denied the Armenian genocide? Stop trying to start ****.

Honestly, I had no idea who this person was until I read your post. That's why I was so surprised to see this weird "Turkophob" **** out of nowhere. Now it all makes sense. :lol:

They're right tho, reviews are amazing and it's clear a majority of people outside forums actually love the game flaws and all. People just get stuck in a negative feed back loop here. Tons of improvements can and should be made but I still see it as a cult classic type of game in the future, same as Warband.

I wouldn't say "Very Positive", a common thing for video games on Steam, is "amazing". Beyond that, it doesn't really prove anything at the end of the day. It's not a garbage game by any means, of course, but it is ultimately unimpressive and does nothing special. The huge list of incomplete or broken features, bugs, broken MP and lifelessness, and even the mid to late game being nonexistence, is not good. It's meh at best. And the fact that you even said "despite its flaws and all" proves that.

And it's not that there's some negative loop because people just want to **** on the game. If it seems like repetition in these statements, it is because for over two years now, the development team has treated the backbone of their community like garbage and ignored every little thing said to them in order to push this game to consoles and to casualize it for a greater audience (thus a greater appeasement). People want it to succeed, so they will try to do that by the only means available to them. Is it probably pointless now? Yea, TW seems more than happy with the cash they got from the broken game they shipped.

I've seen some **** games get amazing reviews on Steam, by the way. It's not really a mark of greatness just because people dropped a review on it.

Last edited:
>"It's not just Steam" - proceeds to list Steam twice
>Repeating yourself with no source after being asked for a source
Ya I included steam in my list, no one asked me to provide links, you did the same with your halfass attempt to provide sources for negative reviews "ign, and rps or whatever" way more people are reviewing it with higher scores.

I wouldn't say "Very Positive", a common thing for video games on Steam, is "amazing". Beyond that, it doesn't really prove anything at the end of the day. It's not a garbage game by any means, of course, but it is ultimately unimpressive and does nothing special. The huge list of incomplete or broken features, bugs, broken MP and lifelessness, and even the mid to late game being nonexistence, is not good. It's meh at best. And the fact that you even said "despite its flaws and all" proves that.

And it's not that there's some negative loop because people just want to **** on the game. If it seems like repetition in these statements, it is because for over two years now, the development team has treated the backbone of their community like garbage and ignored every little thing said to them in order to push this game to consoles and to casualize it for a greater audience (thus a greater appeasement). People want it to succeed, so they will try to do that by the only means available to them. Is it probably pointless now? Yea, TW seems more than happy with the cash they got from the broken game they shipped.

I've seen some **** games get amazing reviews on Steam, by the way. It's not really a mark of greatness just because people dropped a review on it.
I don't really think it's "broken" like after full release it's literally more playable than it's ever been. It barely crashes anymore (not MP) and it's running like butter now for the most part. They've added subtle things with bandit party voice acting and probably more that i havent caught yet. Reviews don't mean everything but depending on the sample size they are a good indication for the avg consumer about product satisfaction. Sample size for Bannerlord reviews is pretty large and its a safe bet to assume its a good game for new players. I agree with most of the reviews.

I don't really think it's "broken" like after full release it's literally more playable than it's ever been. It barely crashes anymore (not MP) and it's running like butter now for the most part. They've added subtle things with bandit party voice acting and probably more that i havent caught yet. Reviews don't mean everything but depending on the sample size they are a good indication for the avg consumer about product satisfaction. Sample size for Bannerlord reviews is pretty large and its a safe bet to assume its a good game for new players. I agree with most of the reviews.

It may work fine for you, but it certainly is not fixed, least of all in general. A quick look through the technical support area and all of the prior Patch Notes threads quickly reveals that is not the case. Performance is still garbage and bugs are still prevalent. That's not even discussing MP, which is so broken and imbalanced and plainly boring, it's almost a joke.

As for reviews, a lot of them are even like this:

People dropping good reviews when they are admitting its lifeless, boring, broken, lacks immersion etc etc.

Now I'm not saying the reviews that say its bad only matter or whatnot, I'm just pointing out it's not a fair or accurate way to assess the actual quality of the game just because people wrote a few words about it. Yes, most of these people probably really enjoy it, but there are people out there who are playing farming games on mobile dropping $1000s on the game that enjoy it too. But I can guarantee you, those games are not good just because people are playing it.

It's not just steam reviews most reviewers across the board are positive about the game, hell the reviews on the console game pages for xbox and Playstation, steam, gog, pcgamer, metacritic, general Google reviews all positive. That's a ton of people. More people like the game than hate it and its funny so many people here do nothing except full time **** on the game and think innovation is bad. Like outside these forums people still enjoy the game lol everyone out here just confirming their own biasis to each other and not looking at all the sources.

Know your audience. The majority of people who discuss Bannerlord on this forum have been here at least two years now, since the launch of EA. Of those, a considerable proportion played Warband and other licensed titles like Napoleonic Wars years before Bannerlord's EA launch. The people who spend all this time complaining on this forum are doing so because they have enough of a personal stake in the game that they can't just make a clean break, drop it, and go play other games. You only get that kind of emotional investment through long-term loyalty. These players are not indicative of the average consumer, so from a purely profit-motivated perspective they're not the most important people to pay attention to in the short term (they're also way more likely to purchase the game anyway because of past loyalty). However, these are the players that will play the game for months after the date of their purchase, are the most valuable group when marketing DLCs for this title, and they contain the subgroup of community content creators.

I don't give any credence to Steam reviews when many of them are one-line memes or jokes, people clearly not understanding what they've paid for, or edge-case technical problems like "the aspect ratio for my ultrawide home theater projector is not supported." Likewise for other point-of-purchase customer review aggregators which only exist to push future purchases. These systems are only useful to customers when they reveal common or long-lived technical problems which get in the way of enjoying the game, which is why the most useful thing you can do when researching a potential purchase on one of these storefronts is filter out positive reviews and sort by most helpful/highest rated. That's how you find the people with legit, common problems, and if the reviews are old then a little googling can tell you if those problems were fixed. Looking at an aggregate rating and taking it at face value as representative of overall product quality means you're a marketer's ideal customer, not an informed customer.

[/QUOTE]
Know your audience. The majority of people who discuss Bannerlord on this forum have been here at least two years now, since the launch of EA. Of those, a considerable proportion played Warband and other licensed titles like Napoleonic Wars years before Bannerlord's EA launch.
Ya more people come all the time it's the nature of being online. Why alienate new players and new people who don't agree? I've played since Warband. I've played, Pendor and Perisno and Fire and Sword, all those gotdam game of thrones mods. Obviously everyone is here because they are passionate and opinionated about the game, it's always good to have differing opinions. Just saying the echo chamber in here you think is the norm for opinions about the game, is not the case for the majority of people that play these games.

Edit: Ya I'm their ideal customer I'll probably keep buying up their stuff and support their future endeavors.
Just pls God let these mofos bring mods to all platforms.

Last edited:
They're right tho, reviews are amazing and it's clear a majority of people outside forums actually love the game flaws and all.
Most of those reviews are from people who have 5-10 hours, got the game ooooh shiny! And dropped it to go back to fortnite when they got bored. Steam reviews are a completely and totally worthless way to measure the health of a game, franchise and company.
Tons of improvements can and should be made
You could say that again.
but I still see it as a cult classic type of game in the future, same as Warband.

I like stats. So I looked at Steam ratings on Bannerlord. The average for a game is 85% (another stat source says 86%).
The Bannerlord rating in the last year from English speakers is 83% (slightly BELOW average), but 87% (slightly ABOVE average) for ALL languages.
Obviously non-English players rated it a lot better, some of them Turks and many of them Chinese. I'm not sure why!
The fact is, the game is rated as average and you can't say "but the Steam reviews are good" just because Steam uses nice words and big-looking ratings.

Ya more people come all the time it's the nature of being online. Why alienate new players and new people who don't agree? I've played since Warband. I've played, Pendor and Perisno and Fire and Sword, all those gotdam game of thrones mods. Obviously everyone is here because they are passionate and opinionated about the game, it's always good to have differing opinions. Just saying the echo chamber in here you think is the norm for opinions about the game, is not the case for the majority of people that play these games.
I like stats. So I looked at Steam ratings on Bannerlord. The average for a game is 85% (another stat source says 86%).
The Bannerlord rating in the last year from English speakers is 83% (slightly BELOW average), but 87% (slightly ABOVE average) for ALL languages.
Obviously non-English players rated it a lot better, some of them Turks and many of them Chinese. I'm not sure why!
The fact is, the game is rated as average and you can't say "but the Steam reviews are good" just because Steam uses nice words and big-looking ratings.
Dude read the previous comments it's not just steam. I mentioned some other places to look. Many opinions exist out there.
Also just checked steam is 87% very positive all time and 92% very positive recent. So your numbers are off by a lot.

Last edited:
Dude read the previous comments it's not just steam. I mentioned some other places to look. Many opinions exist out there.
Also just checked steam is 87% very positive all time and 92% very positive recent. So your numbers are off by a lot.
My numbers are from the last December till now, a year-worth of ratings (last 6 months ratings are even worse). You can see it for yourself if you click around on the graphs. The recent ones are all from console noobs, they are happy they got the game at all.
I also follow Reddit comments and they are not "very positive". Most of them are about how to kill your wife anyway or problems with the game.

The recent ones are all from console noobs, they are happy they got the game at all.
I also follow Reddit comments and they are not "very positive". Most of them are about how to kill your wife anyway or problems with the game.
Steam reviews are PC. Recent reviews are probably just people getting it on full release. Ya reddit has a lot of that...I might be guilty of trying to kill good Ole Nadea myself and perusing reddit for the info lol. But reddit bannerlord is also people just playing and having fun and posting there experiences or asking questions and making discoveries. Like everyone here thinks never happens. See a bunch of people posting interesting stuff that happens in their games all the time.

The steam reviews aren't going to show that the game is perfect, but what it is going to show that most people don't think the game sucks. The entire idea that people hate the game which has been thrown around a lot. And there is a pretty big difference between average and sucks. Obviously, never settle for average when you can be great, but this constant argument that the game sucks and people actually hate it does fall apart when the majority of reviews for the game tends to be positive.
The recent ones are all from console noobs, they are happy they got the game at all.
And? They like the game, so what? What makes them any lesser beyond the fact that they use a console?

Back
Top Bottom