This game sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlords problem is once the player learns all of its features and mechanics is has nothing left to offer the player. It's devoid of any real meaningful challenge. The only challenge left for the player is to takeaway tools from his own toolkit. But even after the player deprives himself the game is still too easy.

For any beginning players relish the early days of playing bannerlord because your best days are behind you.
This is definitely not the problem, the game has already been released and is still full of bugs and crashes that directly affect the gameplay that has not been fixed for months and each update that is released in addition to not correcting or adding anything relevant breaks several mods , that is, instead of getting better, it gets worse, it's ridiculous

This is definitely not the problem, the game has already been released and is still full of bugs and crashes that directly affect the gameplay that has not been fixed for months and each update that is released in addition to not correcting or adding anything relevant breaks several mods , that is, instead of getting better, it gets worse, it's ridiculous
*Bugs aside this is a problem

Well, those who played warband already predicted that it was going to be the same way and the real fun would be the mods, so for me it's not a problem
This. Have low or no expectations, then you can never be disappointed.

the game does suck because today I lost weeks of progress to a corrupt file bug. F this game.
What about last autosave? Set it to 10 minutes, so the most you lose is 10 minutes. I understand the frustration, but corrupt saves can happen in any game, for any number of reasons (mainly Single event upsets - SEUs). Also be careful what mods you use. I never had any corrupt save from the game. Not from Bannerlord, nor Warband nor the OG M&B, not from the game itself, only from incompatible and out of date mods, but it is very nice they added the autosave feature, which overcomes this possibility. So be more careful and set your configs according to your tastes and fears.

People using third-party mods written by no-name enthusiasts and blaming the game for bugs must be really dumb. :mrgreen:
I play the game for hours and it never crashes, and also I never had any issue with corrupted save files.

Why in the world shouldn't people disappointed with the game stick around and try to change it? They should just shrug and say money wasted, time to stop trying? Do you people even "hear" yourselves? How does that even remotely make sense to you? :neutral:

People love Warband/Mount and Blade. They want to see it be good, to actually succeed, not pass the bare minimum to give a dopamine fix to people who have no problem dropping $60 or more on a game that's riddled with ridiculous amounts of issues. That discussion doesn't make it impossible for you to enjoy the game, it just means they want to make the game you love even better.

This. The reason why people are unhappy is because they are so invested in the game.

People here don't want Taleworlds to fail. They want it to succeed and the way for the game to succeed is to deliver a great game.

There are a lot of issues with the game. I still believe that armor is underpowered and archers overpowered. Late game lacks depth. The game also doesn't feel as alive as it could. There are many more issues.

But the game has fallen short of what people were hoping for.

Just started playing warband few days ago, I decided which girl I wanna marry but I could not even speak with her, I needed to gain her father friendship to be considered as a groom or be accepted as vassal and being able to attend a feast and try to seduce her. After few game time weeks I am still trying to reach her ...

The same stuff in banner lord is like, 'I have 10k let's marry with the king's daughter, 5 minutes later Done!!!!'.

Yeah, this game is boring and it is just terribly frustrating feeling its potential and see the current state.

Just started playing warband few days ago, I decided which girl I wanna marry but I could not even speak with her, I needed to gain her father friendship to be considered as a groom or be accepted as vassal and being able to attend a feast and try to seduce her. After few game time weeks I am still trying to reach her ...
But like so many people said it, BL is better than WB in every aspect, come on! 🤡

Plus, does anyone really know the point of this game? This is no winning the game. There is only just don't die but that's a random chance anyway. It's like the game is so open that it takes away from the benefit of being open and turned it into a bad thing.

The point of the game, as of any leisure activities, is to have a good time. If this for you means winning and you don't feel you can win, than this game for you sucks and you should look for a different activity. Does not mean that the game sucks generally or for everyone.

What I don't understand is the slightly annoying tenacity with which people want to tell us that this game sucks. We know that it has several faults, wether the faults are important or not is to everyones own taste. For example I bought Days Gone some days ago, and I find the game tedious and not that immersive and I'm annoyed by big floating quest markers and there are no mods to deal with my special complaints, I don't waste my time to tell others persistently that it sucks, I simply deinstalled it. Same fate for Stranded: Alien Dawn or Raft. Don't like it, don't play it.

The point of the game, as of any leisure activities, is to have a good time. If this for you means winning and you don't feel you can win, than this game for you sucks and you should look for a different activity. Does not mean that the game sucks generally or for everyone.

What I don't understand is the slightly annoying tenacity with which people want to tell us that this game sucks. We know that it has several faults, wether the faults are important or not is to everyones own taste. For example I bought Days Gone some days ago, and I find the game tedious and not that immersive and I'm annoyed by big floating quest markers and there are no mods to deal with my special complaints, I don't waste my time to tell others persistently that it sucks, I simply deinstalled it. Same fate for Stranded: Alien Dawn or Raft. Don't like it, don't play it.
I ordered my steak rare and it came well done
Waiter: dOnT LiKe iT, DoNt eAT iT

I mean, yeah...? You send the food back to the kitchen. If you do eat it anyway, the restaurant is going to change you and not fix a damned thing.

It is a terrible analogy.
To be fair, I mean, if you order a 'chef's specialty of the day' that had no details about what it actually is, that's fair play I guess? But I can't imagine that model being successful for a restaurant, but is seemingly acceptable in today's standards for games unfortunately.

I mean, yeah...? You send the food back to the kitchen. If you do eat it anyway, the restaurant is going to change you and not fix a damned thing.

It is a terrible analogy.

Its a pretty good analogy just the details need to be reversed. Say you ordered a well done steak and slowly ate it only to realize that the middle is totally raw uncooked giving you the urge to throw up and while passing the kitchen in which it was prepared you see a disaster of a situation of uncleanliness and chaos. Nobodys getting paid there.

Its a pretty good analogy just the details need to be reversed. Say you ordered a well done steak and slowly ate it only to realize that the middle is totally raw uncooked giving you the urge to throw up and while passing the kitchen in which it was prepared you see a disaster of a situation of uncleanliness and chaos. Nobodys getting paid there.
Fair point, I’m going to do that one from now on.

Back
Top Bottom