This game sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlords problem is once the player learns all of its features and mechanics is has nothing left to offer the player. It's devoid of any real meaningful challenge. The only challenge left for the player is to takeaway tools from his own toolkit. But even after the player deprives himself the game is still too easy.

For any beginning players relish the early days of playing bannerlord because your best days are behind you.

I would not play this game without mods.

Mods give some quality to it, enable very basic things one would expect, would hope, a game like this has. IMHO the game is unfinished, lacking in features and basic quality of life, big time.
Mods have unfortunately ruined my games, with game breaking conflicts and stability issues. I don't know if they are an answer, maybe eventually, I hope so, but at the moment I'm frustrated. However, I still rather play with mods (before a game breaking conflict ends it), than the skeleton of a game vanilla Bannerlord is.

Well, battles are pretty fun, even without mods. It is not a good strategy game, though. It's a few days fun game, but leaves me hungry and dissatisfied. I enjoyed Warband more. It had more interesting battle maps too. I was hoping Bannerlord improved from Warband, but no.

During my first week of playing I would have given it 3 or 4 stars out of 5. But as I learn more, now I would give 2 stars out of 5.

Below the most important mods for me, if no game breaking mod-conflicts. These are quality of life mods, not giving content to the game.
Detailed Character Creation (DCC),
Character Manager,
Character Reload,
Custom Troop,
Improved Garrisons,
RecruitEveryone,
BUTR's Player Switcher,
GT_MegabodyBB. (A mod without which Aserai sultan's life has no point.)
I'm also going to try No Fief Elections If You Are King, because that fief election feature really irritates me.

Last edited:
Interestingly me neither. I currently use 68 mods (none that you have listed) and am really eagerly awaiting Banner Kings update.
What's even more interesting to me is that none of your mods really have much effect on the things I consider to be either broken or make the vanilla nigh unplayable. Really goes to show how tastes differ.

Edit - Correction, I do use Improved Garrisons.

Last edited:

I don't either. The last time I tried without mods, it was like 1.4 or something like that. It's just a boring, uninspired husk without mods. Things like Realistic Battle Mod and Diplomacy add so much to the game, it's crazy. I mean at the end of the day it's still putting lipstick on a pig, but at least I'd take the pig out to dinner now instead of ditching it.

With the hugely negative response from the fan base, I don’t know if the same type of hype train can start rolling for m&b3. Once it gets rolling the SSS (steam sale scum as I call them) will keep pushing it into relevance but you need that initial spark from your loyal fans to get it going. And I think they sold out that spark by making bannerlord bad.
Why not?

You still get people on this very forum posting stuff like the 2016 or 2017 gameplay videos and saying, "I want to play that game." The only thing TW is going to have to do is post up another cool looking video at a major games event and the hype train will begin again.

Why not?

You still get people on this very forum posting stuff like the 2016 or 2017 gameplay videos and saying, "I want to play that game." The only thing TW is going to have to do is post up another cool looking video at a major games event and the hype train will begin again.
TW is gonna take like 15 to 20 years to make mb3 so I have to agree.

Why not?

Idk. I just don’t see it. I could be wrong, but I don’t know that TW can win back the trust of many of their old fans, and most of their new fans bought it and forgot about it

Fai notare esattamente dove ho esagerato.
Fai notare dove ho affermato che TW dovrebbe adattare il proprio prodotto alle mie esigenze specifiche.

A proposito, hai letto il mio commento? Questo è esattamente il mio punto, pet. Il gioco dovrebbe essere rilasciato finito, non incompiuto con un programma di completamento non confermato.

Il gioco non è solo incompiuto, come ho affermato nel mio commento precedente, non è funzionante in molte aree considerate finite. Lo perché sappiamo che queste sono incomplete non fanno parte della roadmap post-rilascio.

Ho detto che ti avrei aiutato con il tuo appuntamento chirurgico, ma sembra più che io prenotare debba una rimozione RFB (corpo estraneo rettale) perché sembri annidato proprio nel loro b

Bene, Taleworlds controlla il genere. Per quanto ne so, sono gli unici a rilasciare giochi come Bannerlord. La mancanza di concorrenza tende a far tacere la propria determinazione a migliorare oa fare meglio. Non direi che il gioco fa completamente schifo, è solo... non eccezionale?

È una delle più grandi frustrazioni che una comunità abbia mai sperimentato. Questo gioco aveva un potenziale, ma fa schifo. Gli sviluppatori sono incompetenti, il lavoro è incompiuto, al capo non frega niente e sembra che nessuno sappia cosa fare. <taglia>
Condivido su tutto. Guarda vengo subito al punto, gioco da oramai 2 settimane ho collezionato una quantità industriale di crash dell'applicazione tutte reportate con screenshot, hai paura di fare battaglie/assedi parlare con gli npc perché sai già che scoppia tutto. Ho formattato la play pulita ho reinstallato il gioco nulla tutto come prima. L'audio nelle battaglie grosse sfarfalla le grida si accavallano, i salvataggi si corrompono ( si lo so che si può risolvere) ma non mi importa lo devono risolvere gli sviluppatori. Vai nella fucina il cursore si duplica, caschi sotto mappa in alcuni castelli. Io ne ho presi di giochi ma questo è lontano anni luce da warband. Voto 4.0

I don't either. The last time I tried without mods, it was like 1.4 or something like that. It's just a boring, uninspired husk without mods. Things like Realistic Battle Mod and Diplomacy add so much to the game, it's crazy. I mean at the end of the day it's still putting lipstick on a pig, but at least I'd take the pig out to dinner now instead of ditching it.
I wanted to use Diplomacy mod too. But unfortunately it caused a conflict with some other mod (forgot which) or maybe it was grayed in the loader. And that's why quality of life features need be in the vanilla game, can't leave everything to mods, or it will equal as a buggy game, at least for many years.
Diplomacy is one of the features I would most want in a game like this, and it is hard to believe how poor (non-existing) it is in vanilla.

What's even more interesting to me is that none of your mods really have much effect on the things I consider to be either broken or make the vanilla nigh unplayable. Really goes to show how tastes differ.

Edit - Correction, I do use Improved Garrisons.
Yeah I want my kingdom to have a unique look, not a mix of the other kingdoms. Therefore mods that allow me to have own troop tree and troops, including my heroes, equipped differently, according to my own kingdom's style, are highly important to me.

I cannot play this game even with mods anymore. Influence, new perk system, lords without a soul, diplomacy etc. is just ruining my experience. I really want to see a huge gameplay overhaul mod or several for this game
Aye. The True Noble Opinion mod is a must, as it makes it so that each person has their own individual opinion.
I wanted to use Diplomacy mod too. But unfortunately it caused a conflict with some other mod (forgot which) or maybe it was grayed in the loader. And that's why quality of life features need be in the vanilla game, can't leave everything to mods, or it will equal as a buggy game, at least for many years.
Diplomacy is one of the features I would most want in a game like this, and it is hard to believe how poor (non-existing) it is in vanilla.
Make sure you have all of the dependencies needed, like Harmony, Butterlib, etc.

I cannot play this game even with mods anymore. Influence, new perk system, lords without a soul, diplomacy etc. is just ruining my experience. I really want to see a huge gameplay overhaul mod or several for this game
Yep, but even that will have to wait a long bit as there's still so many crashes and still, laughably, yet another 'beta' version post-release with main crash/bug fixes of all sorts.

Idk. I just don’t see it. I could be wrong, but I don’t know that TW can win back the trust of many of their old fans, and most of their new fans bought it and forgot about it
The hype train wasn't mostly old fans or word of mouth. The game sold three million copies after years of media coverage. The only way they could possibly **** it up is with, like, I dunno how.
Bannerlords problem is once the player learns all of its features and mechanics is has nothing left to offer the player. It's devoid of any real meaningful challenge. The only challenge left for the player is to takeaway tools from his own toolkit. But even after the player deprives himself the game is still too easy.

For any beginning players relish the early days of playing bannerlord because your best days are behind you.
That was an issue in Warband as well and not many people apparently cared much. I was hoping it would be fixed for Bannerlord but that's obviously not the direction development went -- although judging by stuff Duh and mexxico wrote, they apparently did (and still do, in Duh's case) mean for the game to be somewhat challenging.

The hype train wasn't mostly old fans or word of mouth. The game sold three million copies after years of media coverage. The only way they could possibly **** it up is with, like, I dunno how.

Media coverage only happens due to the fan base rabidly awaiting their sequel. Game media from a niche genre works synergistically with fans - they're not going to waste their time with a sequel no ones talking nor cares about. They keep their finger on the pulse of communities and adjust their work accordingly. That is until it reaches huge heights like a GTA, Madden, COD etc..

Media coverage only happens due to the fan base rabidly awaiting their sequel. Game media from a niche genre works synergistically with fans - they're not going to waste their time with a sequel no ones talking nor cares about. They keep their finger on the pulse of communities and adjust their work accordingly.
1. Warband wasn't that niche; it was sitting on store shelves at the NEX when I was in the military and that's not any kind of bastion of indy or niche gaming.

2. Major game media usually doesn't work with fan communities since it is driven in large part by the big name events.

3. They definitely don't adjust their coverage because Bannerlord got the same fawning pieces pre-release, even as this community had soured on it.

1. Warband wasn't that niche; it was sitting on store shelves at the NEX when I was in the military and that's not any kind of bastion of indy or niche gaming.

2. Major game media usually doesn't work with fan communities since it is driven in large part by the big name events.

3. They definitely don't adjust their coverage because Bannerlord got the same fawning pieces pre-release, even as this community had soured on it.

Wow...sitting on shelves. So was Dress Up Barbie PC. And you wrong, I remember when PC gamer and Computer Gaming World used to talk about Mount and Blade, Operation Flashpoints modding community as giants. The games themselves were relatively unknown outside of the genre base. Walking into a gamestop and talkin to employees about Arma or Warband they generally had no clue -but now they all know about Arma 3 and probably bannerlord.

You have a faulty way of thinking everything is Binary -either it is or it isnt. Life dont work that way. Obviously fanbases effect notoriety and to argue that shows again that usually you argue just to argue.

And you wrong, I remember when PC gamer and Computer Gaming World used to talk about Mount and Blade, Operation Flashpoints modding community as giants.
And what does that have to do with either of those games' sales on release? The hype develops well before modders have a chance to do anything at all. You can burn all the fan goodwill in the world and they'll still come back for the next iteration.

Obviously fanbases effect notoriety and to argue that shows again that usually you argue just to argue.
I'm not arguing they affect notoriety. I'm arguing that fanbase anger doesn't really affect sales. Cyberpunk 2077 was a best-selling game after all, to the tune of twenty million copies, right alongside being the worst major launch of 2020.

As an aside:
Wow...sitting on shelves. So was Dress Up Barbie PC.
Those Barbie and My Little Pony games were never niche.

And what does that have to do with either of those games' sales on release?
The level of modding was high for those once niche games turned platform builders - that has a longstanding effect on hype and interest. Companys, much like politics and big business value their longstanding base but can and often do abuse them or "sell them out" if they think they can electrify a newer larger more accesible base. Its a business decision that is built of the back of their initial base. thats in a sense exactly what happened here and Reforger imo. Funny enough, a business development plan was leaked from Bohemia right before they announced reforger and one its bullet point was "rebuilding relations with core base" -that says it all.

Fanbase anger might not develop in time to effect sales - the trajectory was already built for Bannerlord and as you can tell from these forums, the anger was a slow burn as people realized that TW had no intention of developing what many believed to be core features. Take a look a Five Bucks' list as an example.

The fans or hardcore base are only now (relative time) becoming angry - so obviously it wouldnt effect Bannerlord or Reforger as that was built on goodfaith and trust. It would be the next iteration of the series that would determine if fan anger is enough to effect sales.

That was an issue in Warband as well and not many people apparently cared much. I was hoping it would be fixed for Bannerlord but that's obviously not the direction development went -- although judging by stuff Duh and mexxico wrote, they apparently did (and still do, in Duh's case) mean for the game to be somewhat challenging.
It seems the challenge they care about changing is to make it less challenging for new users. I'm assuming its because they think if its too challenging it will turn away new users. But eventually those new users will become experienced and then they'll become disgruntled like everyone else.

Plus, does anyone really know the point of this game? This is no winning the game. There is only just don't die but that's a random chance anyway. It's like the game is so open that it takes away from the benefit of being open and turned it into a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom