This game sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

You all can sit here and discuss if Bannerlord deserves it or not a whole year while people enjoy it. Same with Taylor Swift. You can even put it on your gravestone that you were a musician your whole life and Taylor Swift wasn't quality. Won't change me and others enjoying her music.
Saying "i am sorry for you" or calling people "sheep" only reflects your own character.
Have fun discussing!

touching-grass.gif

It's one of the biggest frustrations that a community has ever experienced. This game had a potential, but it sucks. Devs are incompetent, the job is unfinished, the boss doesn't give a damn, and seems like no one knows what to do. Here's the fundamentals of Turkish business mentality. As a Turkish man myself I shouldn't have been surprised at all.
Can't say I disagree.
I mean, its fun for a few hours until you realize that its still a bland grind fest with lackluster features, boring end-game and no clear roadmap on what to expect ahead.

Still needs a year or so for mods to evolve. RIP console version, thought.

I agree that in the context of the franchise, Bannerlord has more potential quality than realised quality - and Warband has significantly higher realised quality. But that's a comparative assessment. Judged on its own merits, Bannerlord still has plenty of quality to appeal to players. Just because other games - even earlier games - are better, doesn't make Bannerlord bad. You had higher expectations, as did we all - especially after a decade of waiting. But the people writing rave reviews for Bannerlord are people without that baggage. They are in a better position to see the game for what it actually is, precisely because they haven't been here the whole journey. People like us, on the other hand, who have been here for a long time, are in turn better able to see the game for what it isn't. It's a different perspective
+1
Bannerlord has a far superior engine, graphics, 3D assets, animations, rigging, atmosphere, scenes, particle effects and battle sizes. Game play loops haven't made the same strides forward despite our expectations, suggesting that TW decided not to deepen the game to keep it accessible for casual/console gamers. For hardcore pc gamers that's extremely disappointing. However, we represent a small slice of TW's commercial market. They presume our nerd requirements will be satisfied by making BL moddable.

The above comments relate to single player. I find it hard to understand the on-going server performance problems with multi-player.

Last edited:
You all can sit here and discuss if Bannerlord deserves it or not a whole year while people enjoy it. Same with Taylor Swift. You can even put it on your gravestone that you were a musician your whole life and Taylor Swift wasn't quality. Won't change me and others enjoying her music.
Saying "i am sorry for you" or calling people "sheep" only reflects your own character.
Have fun discussing!

touching-grass.gif

This is truth. I was up all night playing my first game since release been a few months. At the end of the day, I enjoy it more than anything else. Woth the right mods, it's going to be the game I'll still be playing in 5 or more years. Hell, I'll probably reinstall it in about 10 years from now.

Sure, I'd love more depth but that's true of any game out there.

Bannerlord currently has nearly twice the playercount of Elden ring on steam....

It's higher on the charts then Rimworld (which just got a massive expansion). And at this very moment has more players then Civ 6 and Crusader Kings 3 combined.

Bannerlord currently has nearly twice the playercount of Elden ring on steam....

It's higher on the charts then Rimworld (which just got a massive expansion). And at this very moment has more players then Civ 6 and Crusader Kings 3 combined.
And it has fewer players than Unturned, Rust, Terraria, and The forest.
Also, it has fewer players than the attendance of Barcelona vs Valencia on Saturday 14th September 2019.

OH MY GOD

I agree that Bannerlord is disappointing and incomplete in some aspects (Diplomacy, dialogues, lords and companions, traits, criminal gameplay, lackluster armor protection against projectiles,etc.), it's a ****show that the MP servers are still unstable for 2 1/2 years after EA release, and god knows that I myself have complained about several of these issues several times in these forums, usually with a suggestion for fixing them. But this is a good game (not a masterpiece by any means) that is fun and in my opinion, a better game than Warband in most places that actually matter like combat, sieges, character building (though this is probably a bit controversial), trading and economy, while arguably (not definitively) worse in diplomacy.

I do hope that the devs will fix and improve the worse aspects of the game, especially diplomacy and bring more life to it, but this game is by no means "one of the biggest frustrations that a community has ever experienced" by a long shot. The game is rated 87% positively on Steam and rated overwhelmingly positively on many other platforms, it has a large number of concurrent players (#20 - #30 most concurrent players consistently since EA) and has been enjoyed by a lot of players.

Last edited:
This forum cannot seriously expect to actually have what they want listened to if this post is going to be going around. Its like the Bannerlord is a scam **** all over again.

This forum cannot seriously expect to actually have what they want listened to if this post is going to be going around. Its like the Bannerlord is a scam **** all over again.
Being polite clearly doesn't work either judging by this release. Can you blame the community for being frustrated?

I don't care wether the game sucks or not because of lacking features or "Warband had..." or this and that could be better (a lot could). I like playing it so far, that's what matters.

M+B always stopped to be fun after a certain time, I was not surprised that BL is no exception. :smile:

Last edited:
And it has fewer players than Unturned, Rust, Terraria, and The forest.
Also, it has fewer players than the attendance of Barcelona vs Valencia on Saturday 14th September 2019.

OH MY GOD
Here's another fun fact Alyss. Bannerlord is currently the 20th most played on steam. 8 of the games above it are F2P; and one is wallpaper engine.

Victoria 3 sits just above it and is getting pretty widely panned (so is likely to drop shortly). Which means Bannerlord could very well become the 10th most played paid game on steam shortly.

Here's another fun fact Alyss. Bannerlord is currently the 20th most played on steam. 8 of the games above it are F2P; and one is wallpaper engine.

Victoria 3 sits just above it and is getting pretty widely panned (so is likely to drop shortly). Which means Bannerlord could very well become the 10th most played paid game on steam shortly.
It doesn't matter how many players play at one particular point for a game like BL. What matters is evolution, which will only be appearing in the next months. The game was released 6 days ago. And if you tell me the release was the release of EA, then well this evolution is pretty bad given that the peak of BL was 248,034 users. Throwing numbers without actually analyzing them is pointless.

Here is another fun fact AxiosXiphos, this post is about the base game sucking. Can you tell me how many of those 48,748 users are playing with absolutely 0 mods?

It doesn't matter how many players play at one particular point for a game like BL. What matters is evolution, which will only be appearing in the next months. The game was released 6 days ago. And if you tell me the release was the release of EA, then well this evolution is pretty bad given that the peak of BL was 248,034 users. Throwing numbers without actually analyzing them is pointless.

Here is another fun fact AxiosXiphos, this post is about the base game sucking. Can you tell me how many of those 48,748 users are playing with absolutely 0 mods?
So I assume you feel Warband sucks? Afterall: how many played that without mods...?

So I assume you feel Warband sucks? Afterall: how many played that without mods...?
Would be nice if you had the integrity to not modify my words. I have said in this thread that I don't consider BL SP to suck (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/this-game-sucks.455002/post-9837005), but you are only interested in pushing your own narrative even if it means lying, the same way you denied someone the right to be angry at taleworlds after they damaged his hearing permanently.

Now to answer your point, Warband modding was different in many ways. You could only play with one mod at once, and most users played mods that just changed the setting, rather than playing mods that fix blatant issues.

Would be nice if you had the integrity to not modify my words. I have said in this thread that I don't consider BL SP to suck
Here is another fun fact AxiosXiphos, this post is about the base game sucking.
....?

but you are only interested in pushing your own narrative even if it means lying, the same way you denied someone the right to be angry at taleworlds after they damaged his hearing permanently.

Sorry who is lying....

....?

Sorry who is lying....

As you can see I am not the one who made OP. Are you so naive that you would think I am using a secondary account? I was clearly referring to the OP.

As you can see I am not the one who made OP. Are you so naive that you would think I am using a secondary account? I was clearly referring to the OP.
I'd put nothing past you Alyss. But I have no evidence of that at all.

All I have is you tripping over your own comments. Afterall - you were making a point about bannerlord mods.

Can you tell me how many of those 48,748 users are playing with absolutely 0 mods?

What was this point then?

The entire point was that people who buy meth believe it to be good, whether or not it is actually harmful wasn't important, so it continues to sell. It was what they believed that drove them. You hyperfixated on the product in the comparison and ignored the point. People can believe anything they want, case in point someone buying meth because they think it's good (good however they might see it) or people buying Bannerlord because they believe it is good, but that doesn't make it true. Because it is never a direct and unbreakable point of evidence that proves that it is good.

Why in the world did I immediately think of Matilda here?
True but economics has been based on the subjective theory of value since the late 19th century, which has likely driven TW's decision making. You could use player retention as a measure of more informed value, but going for depth has diminishing returns in profitability, sure you might form a community that results in Youtube videos being made and new people buying the game, but you could just activate the hype machine for the next thing you're working on and get the launch day windfall from that. That extra polish we're looking for is like spending another 10000 denars just to get 10% more profit from the same workshop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom