This game sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, Taleworlds controls the genre. As far as I'm aware, they are the only one releasing games like Bannerlord. A lack of competition tends to stale one's resolve to improve or do better. I wouldn't say the game completely sucks, it's just...not great? 🤷‍♂️

Just a quick reminder: In the *real* world the game gets 8/10 by gaming magazines and players, it's only being crap in your imaginary bubble. It's quite funny to see you guys talking about incompetence when you can't even bring your imagination in line with reality. I bet you would develop even more awesome games if someone gave you all the talent, money and brain.

Just a quick reminder: In the *real* world the game gets 8/10 by gaming magazines and players, it's only being crap in your imaginary bubble. It's quite funny to see you guys talking about incompetence when you can't even bring your imagination in line with reality. I bet you would develop even more awesome games if someone gave you all the talent, money and brain.

Not a strong argument. Britney Spears or Taylor Swift or whaever DaF pop star may receive rave reviews and outsell the best musicians in the world. Means nothing if your a musician who knows whats up. Pop sugar pleases masses -dont discount people who know the inside game and what could have been achieved due to working with the engine for a long time. Sheep gonna sheep.

And there were people waving flags for Cyberpunk 2077 for it's massive flop of a release, giving it 10/10. So? In what world do you think that makes sense as an argument?

I wouldn't really count on gaming magazines or sites.
And there were people waving flags for Cyberpunk 2077 for it's massive flop of a release, giving it 10/10. So? In what world do you think that makes sense as an argument?
Cyberpunk was and is excellent game, despite numerous combat-realted and crafting-economy related flaws.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a good game now, but at launch, it was not.
I'll honest, it barely changed in two years, and the changes were really minor. I don't really had less bugs in most recent version than in release one, core gameplay mechanics barely changed other than armadilo fix, which changed nothing in sandevistan ez mode.
It's strenghts were barely touched at all. I can list a huge list of flaws that weren't adressed at all.

But it have similarities with bannerlord, both are FUN for me (one as singleplayer, other as multiplayer). Just because they have a lot of flaws and bugs don't make them bad games. There are a lot of bad games around.

Cyberpunk is one of the best games in history.
Not a strong argument. Britney Spears or Taylor Swift or whaever DaF pop star may receive rave reviews and outsell the best musicians in the world. Means nothing if your a musician who knows whats up. Pop sugar pleases masses -dont discount people who know the inside game and what could have been achieved due to working with the engine for a long time. Sheep gonna sheep.
Well at least it *is* an argument. Much better than "you are **** and your game is ****, sincerely a random ****ty guy without any talent".
What kind of argument is that?!

I'll honest, it barely changed in two years, and the changes were really minor. I don't really had less bugs in most recent version than in release one, core gameplay mechanics barely changed other than armadilo fix, which changed nothing in sandevistan ez mode.
It's strenghts were barely touched at all. I can list a huge list of flaws that weren't adressed at all.

But it have similarities with bannerlord, both are FUN for me (one as singleplayer, other as multiplayer). Just because they have a lot of flaws and bugs don't make them bad games. There are a lot of bad games around.

It's changed considerably, in my opinion. When it launched, it was not only a buggy mess, features weren't working or weren't implemented well, and things like police AI was atrocious. And then there was that whole mess about vehicle control that has completely changed. Regardless, the point I presented was that even despite it's glaring issues, people were still giving it 5/5 reviews. Which means, reviews should not inherently be trusted as unbiased or sensible.

And I agree and disagree. It depends on the severity and commonness of the bugs. If we allow bugs to make a game unfunctional to still be called a good game, than we deserve nothing but garbage in our future for video games.

Well, Taleworlds controls the genre. As far as I'm aware, they are the only one releasing games like Bannerlord. A lack of competition tends to stale one's resolve to improve or do better. I wouldn't say the game completely sucks, it's just...not great? 🤷‍♂️
TW leads the genre, but it doesn't control it by any means. There are plenty of products out there that take the tactical battles + open world formula of M&B and put their own spin on it. The problem is that their own spin tends to be doubling down on spectacle (Free Company VR, Tales of Glory, Armed and Armoured), focusing on MP (Falconer's Gate) or just being overly ambitious then getting stuck in development hell (Kingdoms, Legendary Sword, The Viking Way).

TW leads the genre, but it doesn't control it by any means. There are plenty of products out there that take the tactical battles + open world formula of M&B and put their own spin on it. The problem is that their own spin tends to be doubling down on spectacle (Free Company VR, Tales of Glory, Armed and Armoured), focusing on MP (Falconer's Gate) or just being overly ambitious then getting stuck in development hell (Kingdoms, Legendary Sword, The Viking Way).

Whilst I agree with what you're saying because I've seen it elsewhere (such as Pokemon clones like TemTem), I had no idea those other games even existed. 😅 I think that goes to show just how total TW's control is over the genre. I don't necessarily think they need the competition to do better, but it sure would help if they were being pressed.

The first rule in showbusiness is give the people what they want. If it sells, then it is good by definition. Poopooing it for not being good by higher standards is snobbery. And I say that as a self-confessed music snob who can't stand pop sugar. I am not among Britney Spears' target audience, so who am I to say she's missed the mark?

The first rule in showbusiness is give the people what they want. If it sells, then it is good by definition. Poopooing it for not being good by higher standards is snobbery. And I say that as a self-confessed music snob who can't stand pop sugar. I am not among Britney Spears' target audience, so who am I to say she's missed the mark?

I don't have anything to say about what else you've brought up, but the whole "if it sells, then it is good by definition" couldn't be off the mark more than it is. Meth sells like hot cakes, doesn't mean it's good by definition.

Wow the elitism in this comment. Let masses enjoy Taylor Swift. I enjoy her music. Calling people sheep for that is crazy.

I don't have anything to say about what else you've brought up, but the whole "if it sells, then it is good by definition" couldn't be off the mark more than it is. Meth sells like hot cakes, doesn't mean it's good by definition.
Not really in the same category, is it? It's not even apples and oranges, it's apples and gamma rays.

Bannerlord isn't **** (at least the SP), it's just that most mechanics show that only the minimum effort was put in. There are so many features that aren't life-changing that aren't in the game, but the accumulation of all of those shows how lazy they were. They have been on it for 10 years but let's say 2015 to give them the benefit of the doubt. Few examples of laziness:
- We still don't have an individual map for every castle, town, arena, or village
- The game has fewer qualitative armors than Open Source Armories or what most modders have done
- Some mechanics are straight copypasted from Warband, even some dialogues --> No evolution
- Some mechanics from Warband aren't even there although they were good
- The late game is nonexistent
- Plenty of stuff announced in dev blogs was either exaggerated or isn't even in the game

Not really in the same category, is it? It's not even apples and oranges, it's apples and gamma rays.

Actually, it is. Because your statement is blanketed. If selling good = good quality, then you can see the insanity of the statement by pointing to other more obvious examples as to why that cannot, reasonably, be even half way true.

Wow the elitism in this comment. Let masses enjoy Taylor Swift. I enjoy her music. Calling people sheep for that is crazy.
The point is the highest quality in their craft are often not the most appreciated as is Pop culture. And you like Taylor Swift ....man im sorry...

yeah - im also a musician -congas player over 30 years. And if you cant appreciate that Pop culture does not always equal quality despite its mass appeal -then I cant help you.

Back
Top Bottom