This game keeps ruining my mice!

Users who are viewing this thread

I might be stupid, or I'm doing something horribly wrong, or maybe both... :???:
I have managed to ruin me 2nd mouse...the left button WAS getting saggy, now it's dead...again. :cry:

Am I the only guy who keeps hammering his mouse while playing? Or am I using the wrong mice?
Both mice were "normal" Logitech laser mice...do I need a super special mouse?

Actually I never felt like I was hammering the button...just holding it down a lot for melee combat, or shooting arrows.

AM I ALONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!?  :shock:

How hard you click the mouse doesn't effect anything apart from the damage to your mouse buttons. I have only ever broken one mouse in my life and that's because...well i threw it at a wall for some unknown reason. Try to not click so hard buddy or get yourself a decent mouse that can withstand the strength of which you violate the poor mouse buttons.

In the heat of a battle, with all the blood and gore around you, I guess it's just normal to sometimes get carried away and pound your mouse mercilessly, specially if you're in a tight spot and you're getting hacked from all sides all at once. :grin:

Restraint. Or better yet, buy a sturdier mouse. :wink:

Haha yeah even a cheapo "gaming" mouse is going to perform better and last longer than office mice, and at not much more added to the price tag. I got a gaming mouse for about the equivalent of $10. It's not the best but it survives well under harsh gaming conditions.

arrrgggh....

and here I was hoping for:
-it's ok, me too, man
-it's not you, it's Logitech

ok, ok...I'll be looking for a freakin' gaming mouse...or maybe adopt a non-melee style of playing :razz:

zykox said:
ok, ok...I'll be looking for a freakin' gaming mouse...or maybe adopt a non-melee style of playing :razz:
If it makes you feel any better I once knocked a computer out in a fit of gaming frustration years back.  Far more expensive a lesson to learn from than a mouse. :smile:

Windyplains said:
zykox said:
If it makes you feel any better I once knocked a computer out in a fit of gaming frustration years back.  Far more expensive a lesson to learn from than a mouse. :smile:
which game

zykox said:
arrrgggh....

-it's ok, me too, man

it's ok, me too, man
it's not you, it's Logitech

There. Happy? :smile:

Actually those are both true, which is why I had to switch to a gaming mouse. Logitech makes gaming mice btw. But just don't use their office mice for gaming. They're not really built for durability at all. Heck they break even while using them for office work. No way they'd stand up to the frantic clicking of a high action game like this.

zykox said:
arrrgggh....

-it's ok, me too, man

Don't worry bro I have broken a $10 logitek mouse but that was because I threw it :razz:

Yea it's not just you, man. I've broken two cheap A4 mice, and one semi-good logitech is steadily following the same fate. I don't really play any other games than M&B. Left button "click" sound fades away, clicking and scrolling becomes "less definite" and somewhat random. I've got second identical mouse on my "work" laptop for comparison, this one still feels brand new.

I'd recommend logitech g400 (newer model of the mx51:cool:

Reasonably cheap for a gaming mouse, and IMO it is the best gaming mouse unless you need some bizarrely specific features for competitive gaming. And it's reasonably sturdy with decent materials, the naga and many other gaming mice with their various gimmicks feel fragile and fake in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom