This game is literally unplayable!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

These are my specs and I have a lil bit of laggs at the beginning of the battle but after a few secs it runs ok
VIDEO CARD

Minimum: Intel UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
You Have: GeForce GTX 1060

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required You Have
Pixel Shader 5.0 5.1
Vertex Shader 5.0 5.1

CPU

Minimum: Intel Core i3-8100 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

CPU SPEED

Minimum: Info
You Have: 3.8 GHz

RAM

Minimum: 6 GB
You Have: 12 GB

FREE DISK SPACE

Minimum: 60 GB
You Have: 241 GB

Hi I bought green bananas from a retailer and ate them all now my belly hurts. I want my money back.

I've been playing it solid for several days and apart from one playthrough with a huge snowballing Aserai due to their lowest troops being wrong and lords not replenishing their armies everything has worked near enough perfectly.

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X580
MSI Radeon rx 5700
16GB

Have you made sure to start a new game when the patches came out? Patches can sometimes change code which has already been cemented into your save game and can not be changed. A lot of core code has to be applied on game creation, hence needing to start again usually.

Last edited:
Thank you for all your suggestions guys!

Im going to try turn the V sync thing off because thats the only thing iv not tried yet. If this doesnt work then il probably just wait a couple of months to play it again ?

Il keep you guys updated if i manage to get it to run better and il share what I did. If anyone has any more suggestions please let me know!

(PS: this thread isnt bashing the game, warband IS my fave game ever and have all the DLCs and have been a supporter of taleworlds for a while now... Im just a little frustrated but i know the team will sort it eventually)

Performance is decent for me, I get generally very playable (~50-80fps) performance on my rather low spec (Rx480 8GBvRAM 16GB RAM FX8350 Overclocked) rig, it doesn't seem to matter if it's on high or low graphics, it performs the same, the real issue is heavy FPS dips during large battles when all the units start to fight each other, they seemed to have just about fixed this problem in sieges a few patches back, definitely some issues with pathfinding jamming up the CPU.

Have you made sure to start a new game when the patches came out? Patches can sometimes change code which has already been cemented into your save game and can not be changed. A lot of core code has to be applied on game creation, hence needing to start again usually.
Really? How true is this? I thought f you load a save from a previous patch you should get the message asking if you want to load into new module, doesn't that convert the save into the newer build?

Yes it does! for the most part. What I'm saying is that some things in (any) game which are determined when the world is first created are set in stone and cannot be changed afterwards (due to how world generation is typically implemented). Changing the maximum population of a town is the type of thing a patch would alter easily, in laymans' terms because the new patch is almost identical in structure and just overlays some code.
However, a fundamental change in a lord's default behaviour is the type of patch where the structure of the file is changed. Functions require more inputs, and output data is not in the same format as before which means other scripts fail to access it... that sort of thing. If your core code that is only fired on game creation doesn't even get used because you're loading a saved game, that whole part of the patch won't even fire. Am I making
any sense?
For the record I am MEng Game Design so I know a bit about the subject

Last edited:
Looks like most people having issues have Intel/Nvidia
Strangely enough, I have an Intel/Nvidia rig, ran a custom max sized siege on max graphics settings and the whole thing ran smooth, twice

But smaller sieges within my singleplayer Campaign tend to stutter and lag?

Yes it does! for the most part. What I'm saying is that some things in (any) game which are determined when the world is first created are set in stone and cannot be changed afterwards. Changing the maximum population of a town is the type of thing a patch would alter easily, in laymans' terms because the new patch is almost identical in structure and just overlays some code.
However, a fundamental change in a lord's default behaviour is the type of patch where the structure of the file is changed. Functions require more inputs, and output data is not in the same format as before which means other scripts fail to access it... that sort of thing. If your core code that is only fired on game creation doesn't even get used because you're loading a saved game, that whole part of the patch won't even fire. Am I making
any sense?
For the record I am MEng Game Design so I know a bit about the subject
This is correct

I've been running off a v old gaming laptop and I barely experience any lagging - only when the camera is looking into the main bulk of a large scale battle.

i dont notice stuttering until battles are around 700 - 1000 guys>

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 and a Radeon RX 580 8GB. 16GB RAM

This is correct
Unfortunately knowing this doesn't actually help us to know which patched parts require a new game to take effect. Being a scripter I can often make a good guess... but my advice to anyone right now is to not go into your game with gusto expecting to be still playing the same character next week. Wait for more fixes before really trying to get into a story or 'complete' the game because too many things are still not working properly, and more new game starts will definitely be required before the game gets out of EA.

Im playing on low settings with everything lowered as much as i can (sounds, view distance, etc...) and like i said have a good gaming laptop with the updated drivers...

Im not trying to do any crazy big battles or anything... literally just trying to start a game and fighting like 3 looters is impossible because of the lag and frame rate. Switching menus lags and freezes, moving on the world map lags, and even small fights are just ridiculous! and even shutting down the game takes 10 mins ?

What computers do people use that are able to play the game smoothly? Im sure you guys have robbed some tech from NASA :lol:

Is your laptop always plugged in when you're playing? Check if your GPU doesn't have some weird frame limiting in settings, I had similar problem with another game some time ago and it was NVIDIA limiting frames because of not being plugged

Check which graphics driver the game is using in the settings menu. My laptop/bannerlord kept switching by itself to the intel driver instead of my rtx2070 for some reason. It runs fine on very high settings but when the intel driver was selected it was extremely choppy and unplayable.

Are you sure the game is using your NVIDIA graphics card (or whatever make) and not the crappy Intel one?

Mine was defaulted to the crappy intel one, so I changed it.
It's in video settings if you want to check, this made a MASSIVE difference for me I can not even explain how much smoother it runs now

(exactly the same as above)

Im playing on low settings with everything lowered as much as i can (sounds, view distance, etc...) and like i said have a good gaming laptop
That might be the issue, Check to make sure the game is rendering its graphics using your graphics card. I had the same problem for awhile and realized that the game was ignoring my graphics card and trying to run on integrated graphics instead.

Iv had the game a week now and been trying to play but game is just so laggy and slow its awful. Lots of people have this issue so it must be something with their optimisation?

I have a decent gaming laptop and can play most new games with no issues, iv updated nvidia geforce driver and am playing the game on low settings... nothing i do seems to improve the game at all!

If anyone is able to get the game to run smoothly (or at least playable) please let me know! ???????????

I'm running a gtx 970, i5-2500k and ssd and the game feels silky smooth. Max settings with motion blur disabled. On the map screen it's constant 55-60 fps. Would probably get more but vsync limits it at 60. In campaign battles (small scale) I usually get 45-60. Even a huge battle 250 vs 250 is easily playable with 35+ fps.

Iv had the game a week now and been trying to play but game is just so laggy and slow its awful. Lots of people have this issue so it must be something with their optimisation?

I have a decent gaming laptop and can play most new games with no issues, iv updated nvidia geforce driver and am playing the game on low settings... nothing i do seems to improve the game at all!

If anyone is able to get the game to run smoothly (or at least playable) please let me know! ???????????

bro. what exactly is your issue. I was crashing a lot also, but did 1 thing that totally changed the experience.

1) I used nVidia recommended settings (opitmized, in GeForce experience).
-> the key here, shadows are set to STATIC, and display is set to FULLSCREEN.
I played 3 hours no crash and was really impressed. All other seetings are I think very high (my default through nvidia, 1060 6gb, 3770k 16gb).

I think you should be able to get a decent experience with this setting (fullscreen, shadow static). Please try and let me know if this helps you.

+ I made sure to download all the dependencies

I get steady 70-90 fps at medium-high (according to steam overlay) but sufffer from microstutters nonetheless. Might be due to my 8GB of RAM or my GTX 970 (gimped vram).

The last patch has made the stuttering a lot worse tbh, at least in multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom