This game is literally unplayable!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Iv had the game a week now and been trying to play but game is just so laggy and slow its awful. Lots of people have this issue so it must be something with their optimisation?

I have a decent gaming laptop and can play most new games with no issues, iv updated nvidia geforce driver and am playing the game on low settings... nothing i do seems to improve the game at all!

If anyone is able to get the game to run smoothly (or at least playable) please let me know! ???????????

There are plenty of people running the game smoothly but there are also plenty of people like ourselves who are suffering with stuttering. There are currently memory leaks in the game that need to be fixed, they also need to fix GPU usage and there's some problems intel processors are having with the game.

For now, try playing on low settings but other than that - we'll have to wait, unfortunately.

I have never had any problem running this game, even with very large battle size caps. I currently have mine set on 700 max battle size for Bannerlord, and mostly high to very high quality with no issues. It can be a tiny bit laggy at the beginning of a battle, but it works itself out pretty quickly. I will say that my comp is pretty good on memory, RAM, processor, video card, etc. It's not the one of the best, but it pretty good for these types of games.

You can turn down the graphics settings to meet your computer specs, so the game will run much better if you need to. All of the settings are adjustable, and there are a few that will definitely increase performance. So it can be modified to fit just about any system qualifications.

I have never had any problem running this game, even with very large battle size caps. I currently have mine set on 700 max battle size for Bannerlord, and mostly high to very high quality with no issues. It can be a tiny bit laggy at the beginning of a battle, but it works itself out pretty quickly. I will say that my comp is pretty good on memory, RAM, processor, video card, etc. It's not the one of the best, but it pretty good for these types of games.

You can turn down the graphics settings to meet your computer specs, so the game will run much better if you need to. All of the settings are adjustable, and there are a few that will definitely increase performance. So it can be modified to fit just about any system qualifications.

I can also run it with no problems, from what I saw it depends on what GPU you have. Some computers have issues running the game even if they are well above minimum specifications.

Im playing on low settings with everything lowered as much as i can (sounds, view distance, etc...) and like i said have a good gaming laptop with the updated drivers...

Im not trying to do any crazy big battles or anything... literally just trying to start a game and fighting like 3 looters is impossible because of the lag and frame rate. Switching menus lags and freezes, moving on the world map lags, and even small fights are just ridiculous! and even shutting down the game takes 10 mins ?

What computers do people use that are able to play the game smoothly? Im sure you guys have robbed some tech from NASA :lol:

Iv had the game a week now and been trying to play but game is just so laggy and slow its awful. Lots of people have this issue so it must be something with their optimisation?

I have a decent gaming laptop and can play most new games with no issues, iv updated nvidia geforce driver and am playing the game on low settings... nothing i do seems to improve the game at all!

If anyone is able to get the game to run smoothly (or at least playable) please let me know! ???????????

Yeah reducing the settings really doesn't help, I think it's the AI pathing or the AI in general that's causing the lag. Cause I reported a bug to TW that everytime the siege towers or ladders hit the walls. The AI starts freaking out and then the games FPS dips Hard.

i have max settings with a decent build. Stays at healthy sub 60C. Never above 65C. However, the fans really do have to work for it.
i7-9700k - Water cooled
RTX 2070 OC Triple fan
16gb 3200mhz ram
1tb nvme ssd

Yeah reducing the settings really doesn't help, I think it's the AI pathing or the AI in general that's causing the lag. Cause I reported a bug to TW that everytime the siege towers or ladders hit the walls. The AI starts freaking out and then the games FPS dips Hard.
Similar story. I fought a 800 soldier combined siege with probably the worst lag I have every seen. Lowering graphics setting did nothing. Had to quit game and sally out and fight on the field. Devs are aware. There is also ladder issues. I have seen 100+ soldiers wait to climb one ladder and ignore the two... smh. It is pretty cool how the defenders can push the ladders off the walls

Environment transitions have 1-2 second delay, but I assume that is normal.

Yeah it's playable for me but it lags and loads slow. I get frustrated but it has improved since last week. From what I've read if your PC is about twice or more powerful/ramy then what they recommended on steam it'll run fine...... but that's obviously not a solution and there's no reason for this game to require so much. Those 20 looters aren't building a siege engine and using advanced AI formations, whys the game freak'n out? Like I said, it has improved so hopefully more improvement will come. At the very least in the future we should no exactly what we need to run it well, not being told "buy all the rams and 2k rig, duh".

i've experienced the same issue, even with the lowest setting , and then i switched my game to sdd drive and change the nvidia setting like in this video, and i am lag free with very high setting

Im playing on low settings with everything lowered as much as i can (sounds, view distance, etc...) and like i said have a good gaming laptop with the updated drivers...

Im not trying to do any crazy big battles or anything... literally just trying to start a game and fighting like 3 looters is impossible because of the lag and frame rate. Switching menus lags and freezes, moving on the world map lags, and even small fights are just ridiculous! and even shutting down the game takes 10 mins ?

What computers do people use that are able to play the game smoothly? Im sure you guys have robbed some tech from NASA :lol:
What the specs of the laptop?

No issues here, I play on max battle size and only get a few frame dips in field battles. Some seiges can get a bit laggy but it's due to a bug. I'm only running with mid teir specs. (I7-8700 and a GTX 1060 6GB)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB
i5-8500 2.80ghz
Samsung SSD 970EVO 500GB
16GB RAM

Game runs pretty smooth, had a few issues during sieges, but that was fixed in a patch. On my old computer i had some issues with games due to my antivirus/firewall program, some just dont like games.

There is an FPS limiter in the game options. It defaults to something like 200. Some people have been able to smooth out the game by lowering the cap.

I limited my FPS to 120 even though the game performed well for me. I did this to reduce the amount of heat being generate by my GPU. My card is running cooler and the performance of the game seems to be the same.

you run on a laptop. that's why? i believe even if the same stats, the one in laptop has lower capacity to handle something that requires constant rendering. so make sure to uncheck some boxes in your graphic options, tune down the battle size to 200-250, use frame limiter to cap at your monitor refresh rate, and disable v-sync. it'll help with the render tremendously.
i run on max settings, 500 battle and everything runs fine. it only started to have some sound problems when loading since yesterday, and it's a known issue now since the last patch.
my rig is 3 years old, i7-6700, radeon rx 580 8gb, 16gb ram.

i have max settings with a decent build. Stays at healthy sub 60C. Never above 65C. However, the fans really do have to work for it.
i7-9700k - Water cooled
RTX 2070 OC Triple fan
16gb 3200mhz ram
1tb nvme ssd

Similar story. I fought a 800 soldier combined siege with probably the worst lag I have every seen. Lowering graphics setting did nothing. Had to quit game and sally out and fight on the field. Devs are aware. There is also ladder issues. I have seen 100+ soldiers wait to climb one ladder and ignore the two... smh. It is pretty cool how the defenders can push the ladders off the walls

Environment transitions have 1-2 second delay, but I assume that is normal.
Im running basically the same build except my GPU is 2070 super, no OC'd, and almost every huge siege (running at max 1000 troops) im a part of has these lag issues

its kind of a relief to see im not the only one seeing this problem, but i do hope they fix it soon

My CPU is behind the curve and I can run 300 v 300 with no stuttering at all.

Im running basically the same build except my GPU is 2070 super, no OC'd, and almost every huge siege (running at max 1000 troops) im a part of has these lag issues

its kind of a relief to see im not the only one seeing this problem, but i do hope they fix it soon

What's your CPU like? Also, 20-series cards frequently have problems with new games as they weren't developed with the 20-series drivers in mind. If it's graphical, it should pick up when Nvidia sees fit to update their drivers for Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom