THIS GAME Bannerlord IS STILL ALPHA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cenobite

Banned
How long has this Bannerlord been released and charging full price for a game that's in ALPHA state constantly changing core code so it breaks save games & forces them into modules that can not be updated, you must then create a new game to take any advantage of new updates too the game breaking old save games forcing them too the delete bin!
I would post a screen shot of what i'm talking about but you have taken the option away from this site to upload images the normal way, instead you're linking everything too a stinking URL like twitter or some other webservice, more like trying to take over the internet with crap you're platforms that by right windows owns all rights too anyway!.

After how many years of development this team from talesworlds still can't update a game where it doesn't break old games or mods, they on purpose change code to break mods & games when plenty of developers can use editors functions properly & code in changes so it doesn't effect save games.
You're game is false advertising as it's still in ALPHA state where you're changing core code to break core mechanics which can completely change gameplay which too me is an alpha project.

The first game you charged a reasonable price so i could put up with the constant breaking of the game over the years as it developed but after 3 versions of the game and a myriad of modules created i would of thought you would have had enough experience as a development team to produce something that doesn't break every single major update by now for Bannerlord.

Most of this game has the same faults as the very first M&B at the core code, infact i think Warband is the better more fleshed out game with better rule sets to skills then the changes they have made for the new game, only the graphics have improved a bit, but they still use poor quality models & meshes at times which have nothing on my vast library of cool content for editors & game creation.

You're development is slow & game breaking!

So you're getting uptight about the difference between both games..
All Bannerlord is basically just an updated version of Warband, it's like me moving a project from Unreal 4.27 to 5, you'll probably have to make some new changes because of things like physics changing but the game is still the same framework with a few new additions because of the version update of the engine itself.
So i beg to differ when it comes down to the nitty gritty of it all, Bannerlord & Warband are the same game, so it all applies technically on this forum.

I'll be Devils avocado 😈😈😈
How long has this Bannerlord been released and charging full price for a game that's in ALPHA state constantly changing core code so it breaks save games & forces them into modules that can not be updated, you must then create a new game to take any advantage of new updates too the game breaking old save games forcing them too the delete bin!
Oh yeah? The gap between updates is PLENTY of time to finish*(1) a campaign. Hah gotcha
(1) save being corrupted or giving up because of bugs counts as finishing.
would post a screen shot of what i'm talking about but you have taken the option away from this site to upload images the normal way, instead you're linking everything too a stinking URL like twitter or some other webservice, more like trying to take over the internet with crap you're platforms that by right windows owns all rights too anyway!.
Yeah this one is inconvenient, but allowing people to upload and store images on your site can be much more inconvenient if you don't have the man power (or incentive) to watch it like a hawk. There's just nothing to gain for the extra work and possible problems.
You're game is false advertising as it's still in ALPHA state where you're changing core code to break core mechanics which can completely change gameplay which too me is an alpha project.
What's THIS? Are you insinuating that gameplay has or will completely change? I kind of hope so, but there's no reason to think it will happen.

No worries, the incomplete "full" release is not far ahead, of course that doesn´t mean that we won´t have to deal with a lot of bugs that TW won´t care about (but please create a ticket and upload a savegame so TW doesn´t have to play this mess).

Maybe in one year this game will be "ready" and not a broken mess.

Honestly Bannerlord already surpassed Warband. The 1.8 update was good and I hope the devs have laid the foundation with it too implent more stuff faster now.
Im of course still worried like many about the release anouncement, since you still cant destroy a faction and all born characters are still clones which makes lategame unplayable in my opinion, thats something I really hope is fixed (it really should) until release.
Hopefully the fears many have are not grounded and the devs surprise us, but the few month between 1.8 and full release are worrying if we think about the overall developement time this game got and the still missing stuff.
We just have to wait for the full release.

No worries, the incomplete "full" release is not far ahead, of course that doesn´t mean that we won´t have to deal with a lot of bugs that TW won´t care about (but please create a ticket and upload a savegame so TW doesn´t have to play this mess).

Maybe in one year this game will be "ready" and not a broken mess.
One year? After the release they gonna keep probably a team of 10 to deal with this mess XD. Mods or uninstall

What is with these new accounts posting this crap all the time. The game on the whole is far better than warband, also it is certainly much further along than alpha. Its currently early access and has much more content and features than other games in this time period.

Still if your not happy with the game then posting angry threads isn't going to solve that, just uninstall the game and try again some other time.

I would post a screen shot of what i'm talking about but you have taken the option away from this site to upload images the normal way, instead you're linking everything too a stinking URL like twitter or some other webservice, more like trying to take over the internet with crap you're platforms that by right windows owns all rights too anyway!.

After how many years of development this team from talesworlds still can't update a game where it doesn't break old games or mods, they on purpose change code to break mods & games when plenty of developers can use editors functions properly & code in changes so it doesn't effect save games.

The first game you charged a reasonable price so i could put up with the constant breaking of the game over the years as it developed but after 3 versions of the game and a myriad of modules created i would of thought you would have had enough experience as a development team to produce something that doesn't break every single major update by now for Bannerlord.

Most of this game has the same faults as the very first M&B at the core code, infact i think Warband is the better more fleshed out game with better rule sets to skills then the changes they have made for the new game, only the graphics have improved a bit, but they still use poor quality models & meshes at times which have nothing on my vast library of cool content for editors & game creation.

You're development is slow & game breaking!
to test what you said about updates breaking old saves i loaded up my ancient save from over a year ago and it booted up fine. If this was talking about any other subject i would assume it's a troll post but idk why anyone would be desperate enough to troll the bannerlord forums. This posts gives me the vibe of a bot or someone from India trying to manipulate the forums for reasons unknown. Prob someone's chatbot they made for a college class. does not pass turing test

What is with these new accounts posting this crap all the time. The game on the whole is far better than warband, also it is certainly much further along than alpha. Its currently early access and has much more content and features than other games in this time period.

Still if your not happy with the game then posting angry threads isn't going to solve that, just uninstall the game and try again some other time.
Maybe people think of the mods when they think of Warband, which have had a decade to develop, while Bannerlord pretty much has the base game, balance mods like RBM &c., and a handful of total conversions in the early stages of development. Sure sieges are better, battles can be bigger, the inventory is less clunky, you can actually loot village raiders after you beat them, the prisoner limit makes sense, recruitment is less RNG based, and the game tells you what contributes to your party speed, but most of those things are improved in mods that also flesh out the game in other ways (i.e. Viking Conquest, TLD).

If you compare Bannerlord to base Warband the only advantages Warband has are feasts, pretender quests, and high tier troops/armour being strong. Lord personalities mattered more I guess, but most of the extra dialogue has the same functionality as the army system. Companions are slightly more fleshed out but they're mainly skill monkeys in both games.

Maybe people think of the mods when they think of Warband, which have had a decade to develop...
Most of the marque Warband mods had their first release within two years and a half years of the game's release. 1257, PoP, Diplomacy, ACoK, Persino, etc.

Most of the marque Warband mods had their first release within two years and a half years of the game's release. 1257, PoP, Diplomacy, ACoK, Persino, etc.

While they might have been released at that point they wasn't as good or fleshed out untill some years after initial release of said mod. There was a lot of updating of those mods.

While they might have been released at that point they wasn't as good or fleshed out untill some years after initial release of said mod. There was a lot of updating of those mods.
"Mods get better with new releases". Thanks, Captain O.
Many major mods got a full release soon after Warband released, but you may argue that Warband was less demanding for modders and Bannerlord requires more work from a smaller and demoralized pool of modders.
However when Taleworlds gets its paws off Bannerlord, I suspect a new/returning wave of modders would welcome the opportunity and make miracles.

"Mods get better with new releases". Thanks, Captain O.
Many major mods got a full release soon after Warband released, but you may argue that Warband was less demanding for modders and Bannerlord requires more work from a smaller and demoralized pool of modders.
However when Taleworlds gets its paws off Bannerlord, I suspect a new/returning wave of modders would welcome the opportunity and make miracles.
Bannerlord, as far as I know, is much harder to mod compared to Warband. But the potential is higher in Bannerlord. I have no clue about modding but that is my impression after reading about it.

Back
Top Bottom