This closed paid beta has a lot of issues

Users who are viewing this thread

The more patches come the more I see this game is awful and trash. The way quests work make me think some devs from 1990 got time traveled by Taleworlds so they don't have to pay actual developers with brains and we're stuck with boomers that don't understand how this all new technology and possibilities work. Actually I think 90s devs would do a much better job since they actually had imagination back then, the office in Taleworlds must be a mess with everyone just doing whatever the hell they want with no direction or shared vision.
"Hey underpaid intern, you have to do the prison break mission, do whatever you want, the losers in the forums that paid 40$ for our money laundering cover up game are desperate for it"
"Should I copy exactly what they did in Warband?"
"What? No just do it as bland and stupid and boring as possible that should take less time, we can't afford using our brains here"
Boom new "feature" to put in the lame patch for next month. Copy paste that idea to every single feature and quest on this game, this is why quests like "Inn and out" exist, and 50% of them too. This game is a scam, or it's money laundering cover up for the high ranks army generals in Turkey
as a fellow boomer I feel offended

Hate to be a white knight here, but they are working on it. Sucks but reality is lower your expectations, because they will not meet them. Get off the forums and enjoy another good game, and come back later.

The thing I'm more worried about at this point is the "good" old: "Let's release a crappy 1.0 final and let the community fix it."
I completely agree with everything you've said in this answer, specially this last phrase of yours.
I'm also a software developer (back + front) and I believe I've got some XP with it to be able to give an opinion, specially by talking about projects organizations.
1 - It's true and it's normal for IT company to deliver their projects in a delayed time. Never saw one getting done in the right time lol. Still, I'm not protecting them as I've also paid for the game.
2 - I've seen so many good opinions in this forum! I don't participate a lot in it (due to lack of time), but sometimes I get online over here just to check the actual situation of the game, according to the players (Reddit is too much filled with jokes). I've seen that user called Callun saying that he had contact with the company project leaders (or owners of it, I don't know) and they've ignored A LOT of good ideas from the community (by the words from Callun himself). They've chosen just some stuffs that change the stability of the game, which also doesn't take time or work. In other words, they're sparing money.
3 - I agree and the game got a lot of testers (that basically have paid to become their free testers). I'm also always reporting the errors and explaining the situation correctly. The most important part of the projects is to test it. The rest of the bugs can appear due to human error (ofc), but they also need to test themselves the new updates (and they aren't doing it properly).
4 - Yeah a lot of core elements lacking. I REALLY hope that they implement all of them and add some extra ones from opinions of the community.
5 - They communicate ... a little, but they do.
6 - true true
7 - True. This might be due to the situation of the team ... There are divisions inside it (or at least it SHOULD have), which each one is responsible for an area of the development. Some players get irritated that they only see updates of new helmets or stuffs like that, but it means that their 3D designers are working (at least, or just 1 designer by the amount of stuffs that are updated). But yeah, they should hire some senior developers to help to fix some broken stuffs while the others main ones focus on implementing new features, but as the modders are complaining that the tools lack documentation, I'm afraid that the main code of the game can be facing the same situation (never saw it, just guessing by the situation).
8 - true, just what I've said in 7
9 - Yeah true! It could be more, not just battle simulation.
10 - True, normal.

Well, I still didn't get the "feeling" of sandbox in the game, yet. The phrase "the client is always right" is mostly true to many situations, but to the games it's more than 100% true.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that they deliver a good final product, with all the promised features and some extra ones.
And it's ugly to do this release of a crappy 1.0 version and to let the modders do the rest. C'mon, they've sold a lot of the game already. Focus on delivering it and do a good market research to make a good re-launch of the game when posting the 1.0 (most games don't do it properly).

I like mods but I like when the official main product is being well handled.

This game is crap rly. What they did is to cash in on the reputation built with the previous game and on the hype.
And they don't care about it anymore cause they got their money. At least not enough for their attitude to change.
It will go on like this (with no plan i mean, no real roadmap that they intend to follow) for another year or so and
then when most of ppl gave up it will be over for them too.
One of the major reasons nothing changed and nothing will change is the amount or naive (?) or stupid (?) fanboys
that keep defending them in every post asking for some accountability for the lack of real progress.
Because of those fanboys there's no real pressure from the community for a chage cause they kind of balance it.

Btw, i wouldn't even be surprised to find out that TW actualy spend their time on the forum with multiple accounts (a big part of those fanboys)
to make it seem that the game is okish rather than fixing the game itself.

Last edited:
I blame voronius for the state of the game, clearly they are dumbing it down in order to meet his level.

BTW, I believe TW bought a hundred thousand Bannerlord games themselves to give it positive reviews. Now where is my tinfoil hat?

Hate to be a white knight here, but they are working on it. Sucks but reality is lower your expectations, because they will not meet them. Get off the forums and enjoy another good game, and come back later.
Many of the items on this list aren't suggestions for adding to the game it's about what he sees as problems with the development of the game. I've been involved with many betas, eas and kickstarter games and this company is one of the worst at communication that I've ever seen. This has been a problem with TW for years and continues to be so. Maybe harping on this won't do a damn thing but maybe it will.

Yes the game is being developed as we speak so this is the time to give input. This forum was put here so people can give feedback and for many people just sitting by and saying nothing about issues they see in a game they're passionate about isn't to happen. @MostBlunted is trying to give feedback. TW can respond and say thanks or no thanks, or more than likely nothing at all, but it's not your place to tell someone to leave the forums nor is it your place to tell someone to lower their expectations.

Whoever created Early access deserves an award, no longer do you help test games for companies so you can decide if you want to buy, but now you pay full price to help them develop their game.....genius

Last edited:
Whoever created Early access deserves an award, no longer do you help test games for companies so you can decide if you ant to buy, but now you pay full price to help them develop their game.....genius
That was ****ing Taleworlds who invented early Access, no joke it was really them!

+1 There is absolutely no excuse for the horrendous communication.

It's clear Taleworlds just doesn't care. Guess they got paid so doesn't matter to them.

+1 There is absolutely no excuse for the horrendous communication.

It's clear Taleworlds just doesn't care. Guess they got paid so doesn't matter to them.
It's like a bank robber promising the teller that they'll give 'em a cut soon™ for helping out. Then, he crossed the country border and isn't looking back. Did that teller really think that he was going to give him a cut when he's got all the money now?

Whoever created Early access deserves an award, no longer do you help test games for companies so you can decide if you want to buy, but now you pay full price to help them develop their game.....genius
I love and hate early access. I think it's a great idea for small studios to get financial support for titles that might never see the light of day. But unfortunately like most ideas they're susceptible for anyone to abuse, even companies that don't need to. I don't see it ever stopping because gamers are never going to stop buying into the "hype" generated around new titles, and imho that's where the problem lies.

Its pretty clear how the majority of gaming software development operates today - once a game title gets to big for its britches (becomes popular especially as genre defining) - it generally becomes a corporate cash grab of sequels leaving most of the artistic merit to the modders or pricey but unplayable cutscenes.

Its still the low budget indies with the small or solo crew aka the starving artist type who are the real facilitators of innovation like this guy:

Its pretty clear how the majority of gaming software development operates today - once a game title gets to big for its britches (becomes popular especially as genre defining) - it generally becomes a corporate cash grab of sequels leaving most of the artistic merit to the modders or pricey but unplayable cutscenes.

Its still the low budget indies with the small or solo crew aka the starving artist type who are the real facilitators of innovation like this guy:

I would be pleasantly surprised if that games becomes real.

I love and hate early access. I think it's a great idea for small studios to get financial support for titles that might never see the light of day. But unfortunately like most ideas they're susceptible for anyone to abuse, even companies that don't need to. I don't see it ever stopping because gamers are never going to stop buying into the "hype" generated around new titles, and imho that's where the problem lies.
I am pretty sure the state of the game would be worse without EA. Some people on this forum have very good knowledge about the game and devs regularly implement their suggestions.

Personally I don't have a problem with EA, when I bought the game I knew what to expect. I read the description, I read the disclaimer, I decided against waiting a few more days. The worst outcome when buying an EA game is that it gets abandoned, if people can't live with that they should put their money into something else. Luckily we are far away from such a situation.

I am pretty sure the state of the game would be worse without EA. Some people on this forum have very good knowledge about the game and devs regularly implement their suggestions.
That's complete conjecture on your part, but imho the biggest issue with this ea is not necessarily the content it's the lack of communication from TW. But this has been a problem with them for years.
Personally I don't have a problem with EA, when I bought the game I knew what to expect. I read the description, I read the disclaimer, I decided against waiting a few more days. The worst outcome when buying an EA game is that it gets abandoned, if people can't live with that they should put their money into something else. Luckily we are far away from such a situation.
This is the first ea I've done in quite sometime because of getting burned in the past. I agree that some newly formed indie company you shouldn't buy into an ea unless you understand it can be abandoned. But TW is an established studio with 100 or so employees, the expectation should be that they will follow up the game with a good successor in a timely manor. Whether the game is good or not I'll wait to say till full release, so far I can't say I'm impressed. But imho the second biggest issue is the development time of this game is far far too long.

That's complete conjecture on your part, but imho the biggest issue with this ea is not necessarily the content it's the lack of communication from TW. But this has been a problem with them for years.

This is the first ea I've done in quite sometime because of getting burned in the past. I agree that some newly formed indie company you shouldn't buy into an ea unless you understand it can be abandoned. But TW is an established studio with 100 or so employees, the expectation should be that they will follow up the game with a good successor in a timely manor. Whether the game is good or not I'll wait to say till full release, so far I can't say I'm impressed. But imho the second biggest issue is the development time of this game is far far too long.
Fully agree regarding communication.

I agree with this post, it can be exagerated in some topics but it's mostly true, I bought the game in day one and it's going to be a year and the only updates I seen in a year was this:
  • crash fix
  • crash fix
  • crash fix
  • crash fix
  • performance improvment
And got some teasers of some features that surely seem to never come and most are quality of life and other that already existed in warband, honestly I don't see any really new feature that really separates from warband and I dont see depth in many areas of the game like quests. I honeslty thought it was going to be a lot innovated or have groundbreaking features or somethin but it just seems warband with more mods, ps: most of them being tweaks

I have seen better performance in the game since launch and there's Bannerlord Online now that actually got me to play bannerlord again but I was expecting more free choices and features in the game but it just is bannerlord at launch with better performance and added missing features and features from warband.

I just really disapointed and sad about the current state of bannerlord honestly I really thought you could like build towns and ransom and build your player different physically and sneak to castles, attack the castle from the inside.. I was expecting a lot more features and interesting ones but it's just seems warband but with less features actually.

I might be a false in some things in this post but it's just what I see now and know in/about bannerlord rn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom