This closed paid beta has a lot of issues

Users who are viewing this thread

1. It isn´t a "free" closed beta but a full priced EA game, which should be ready in about 5 months according to TWs EA description (around 1 year)
2. Don´t give a **** about your communitiy. It doesn´t matter what anyone suggests, TW has their straight vision for this game
3. No quality control, each update has at least 2+ major game breaking bugs
4. Core features are still not working as they should since EA release (campaing AI/siege AI/Battlefiled AI/you name it)
5. ZERO communication
6. Dumb it down! We had simple options like the battle slider, and it´s gone (don´t even think about the stuff they´ve shown years ago INGAME!)
7. Focus on non important stuff, instead of fixing core features they´re working on new features (leads to point 3.)
8. Slow dev progress (see point 3.), they need like weeks to fix old/new introduced bugs
9. No depth, they´re dumbing down the game in each possible aspect and rely on mods to fix the game
10. False promises, live the hype

What happend to this (13th minute):

It´s now a stupid quest? How can I place my own useless random companion to do something useful?

And as a bonus we´ll just lose one of their most dedicated devs soon!

Last edited:
1. It isn´t a "free" closed beta but a full priced EA game, which should be ready in about 5 months according to TWs EA description (around 1 year)
2. Don´t give a **** about your communitiy. It doesn´t matter what anyone suggests, TW has their straight vision for this game
4. Core features are still not working as they should since EA release (campaing AI/siege AI/Battlefiled AI/you name it)
5. ZERO communication
6. Dumb it down! We had simple options like the battle slider, and it´s gone (don´t even think about the stuff they´ve shown years ago INGAME!)
7. Focus on non important stuff, instead of fixing core features they´re working on new features (leads to point 3.)
8. Slow dev progress (see point 3.), they need like weeks to fix old/new introduced bugs
9. No depth, they´re dumbing down the game in each possible aspect and rely on mods to fix the game

It´s now a stupid quest? How can I place my own useless random companion to do something useful?

while i agree with many things you said, exaggeration doesn´t do you a favor. Just to give yo an example: there is communication, you know that. It´s not enough, but saying zero communication is plain wrong. be more reasonable with your critics and more people might listen.

I agree on most points, but I find some of them a little too exaggerated here and there. That said...
1) Objectively and factually true.
2) We can't be sure about that, but up until now they didn't show major concern on how the community reacted to certain additions/thoughts for the game, so... you're not wrong, I suppose.
3) Fully agree on this one, the game tends to be less stable and to perform worse the closer to release we get, and new bugs are everywhere.
4) Factually true. Siege AI has been utterly broken since day 1 and it's still just as bad, only now it also slows the game to a crawl.
5) Not entirely true. Little communication, not downright zero. Still worrying, though.
6) I partially agree, they seem to be dumbing it down a little with the passage of time, but that might just be me. Worried they'd be doing this for a possible release on consoles.
7) Completely agree, and also demonstrably true. Some core mechanics are left alone or made worse by additions that are sometimes needed, but not as a priority over the core mechanics.
8 ) Absolutely true, even compared to most other early access games. I took a 4 months break and found the game basically identical and even more broken than it was before.
9) I agree there's little depth. We can't say for sure what will happen, though, just speculate.
10) There have been certain promises which weren't kept, so I cannot disagree on this one.

The thing I'm more worried about at this point is the "good" old: "Let's release a crappy 1.0 final and let the community fix it."

But to be fair, most of the communication we have is from developers who do it of their own free will. It's not from the people whose job it is to communicate with us.
Absolutely. I approved that comment to mean there is plenty to rightfully critique about, to exaggerate is unnecessary and only undermines it.

When I look at those videos with four or five years old I would be led to think that their evolution would bring something fabulous to the game, but the fact is that game has regressed in many aspects .
One of the reasons I already asked to finish the game, is because I feel that they are no longer investing any effort in it, it is better to let the modders work at will.

Regarding the video, the feature showcased is in the game and not in a quest. Walk up to thugs in town, talk to them and you can start a fight, then you can either run away or stay for round 2 and win some loot.

Duh's constant references to The Vision(TM) in the other thread has made it quite clear that anything other than bug reporting is basically tilting at windmills at this point. Their mind is made up as to what they're putting and not putting in the game.

Absolutely. I approved that comment to mean there is plenty to rightfully critique about, to exaggerate is unnecessary and only undermines it.

so you agree with the fact that there is no communication planned by the studio and that the majority of their communication is 2 or 3 developers who do it on their side but you agree with the fact that they exaggerate on these words ?? i don't understand

Duh's constant references to The Vision(TM) in the other thread has made it quite clear that anything other than bug reporting is basically tilting at windmills at this point. Their mind is made up as to what they're putting and not putting in the game.
You could describe a vision broadly like "a sandbox mass battle RPG", but there are always personal preferences whether particular features belong in that kind of game.
I think their "vision" is actually an internal list of to-do stuff and they are saying no to everything else to ward off feature creep. That "doesn't fit our vision" explanation is misleading and really means "no because it's not on our list".

You could describe a vision broadly like "a sandbox mass battle RPG", but there are always personal preferences whether particular features belong in that kind of game.
I think their "vision" is actually an internal list of to-do stuff and they are saying no to everything else to ward off feature creep. That "doesn't fit our vision" explanation is misleading and really means "no because it's not on our list".
Idk I'm getting the feeling that even if the TW management has a "vision" they don't share it with the rest of the company, or maybe they do but if they do I suspect it's only in the broadest sense. I wonder if there is even any kind of internal document of what features they'll include because things mexxico has hinted at in the past made me feel like there isn't.

fully agree

Which is a good thing if their list isn't too bad. Chris Roberts had a vision, I'd say stop with the mushrooms if you have visions.

The more patches come the more I see this game is awful and trash. The way quests work make me think some devs from 1990 got time traveled by Taleworlds so they don't have to pay actual developers with brains and we're stuck with boomers that don't understand how this all new technology and possibilities work. Actually I think 90s devs would do a much better job since they actually had imagination back then, the office in Taleworlds must be a mess with everyone just doing whatever the hell they want with no direction or shared vision.
"Hey underpaid intern, you have to do the prison break mission, do whatever you want, the losers in the forums that paid 40$ for our money laundering cover up game are desperate for it"
"Should I copy exactly what they did in Warband?"
"What? No just do it as bland and stupid and boring as possible that should take less time, we can't afford using our brains here"
Boom new "feature" to put in the lame patch for next month. Copy paste that idea to every single feature and quest on this game, this is why quests like "Inn and out" exist, and 50% of them too. This game is a scam, or it's money laundering cover up for the high ranks army generals in Turkey

5. ZERO communication

look at you, armchair developer, making a fool of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom