Third Generation All Barren

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks @DrDragonlance. Can I ask how many total family members you have? I've pulled all my grandkids out of the Town so I can get on with the game. It can't just be bad luck. They all had the fertility perk, husbands and wives, and were locked up together for over 3 years of gameplay.
Yeah, I only have 15.

In this game I did make it a focus to marry my daughters off to other Clans within my Kingdom to help them.

Yeah, I only have 15.

In this game I did make it a focus to marry my daughters off to other Clans within my Kingdom to help them.
Thanks, that's very helpful. I wish I had known this before I invested so many hours in this playthrough, but not too late to fix my situation. I've started desperately marrying the girls off. They will be missed!

Ok, here is a new development that might be related. I'm marrying off my family as quickly as possible to reduce the clan size, and accidentally accepted a marriage proposal for my 85 year old widowed father (his fourth marriage). But strangely, he left our family and joined the bride's clan in another empire/culture. I've never had a male family change clan's on marriage. I'm down to 48 family members. Is this a result of the large clan size?

You probably married him to a clan leader. Clan Leaders always take their spouse into their clan. Which is also why two Clan Leaders can't marry.

You probably married him to a clan leader. Clan Leaders always take their spouse into their clan. Which is also why two Clan Leaders can't marry.
This should be removed too, if normal female clan members have to left their clan to join their husband's clan, female Clan Leaders should be forced to left their Clan too.

You're right, she was a Clan leader of a very poor clan consisting of two elderly women. Enjoy yourself, Pops.
But in other breaking news, I'm pleased to announce our Clan's first pregnancy in over 25 game-years. Thinning down the clan was a success! I'm down to 45 members and will continue to shrink. I will be naming the child after @Zerosaiko for all the advice. Standby for Gender reveal.

I'm into my third generation on the Xbox and have 52 family members. Hearing that it's capped I may just take a break for a while, only reason I keep playing was to get an army of customized soldiers. 100 hours feels wasted

@Zerosaiko scouring forums for the last couple of months attempting to find a clear answer on this topic and you seem more informed than even dev replies. If I'm understanding you correctly, once my character dies (oldest clan member), then I can select an heir with a young wife, and she will at least at least a chance of pregnancy?

I haven't looked into it for a while so I'm running off of memory, but that sounds right.

A woman's chance of pregnancy depends on:
  • Her Age
  • How many children she has already had
  • Whether her or her husband have the Virile perk
  • If neither she or her husband are the character you're playing as, there's also a penalty based on how many characters (not counting companions I think?) the clan has. Higher tier clans get to have more children before getting penalized
The young wife should have a chance, yes. Unless your clan already has too many people in it, she might also have a chance if you're leaving her sitting in the same town/castle as her husband too.

I haven't looked into it for a while so I'm running off of memory, but that sounds right.

• Her Age
  • If neither she or her husband are the character you're playing as, there's also a penalty based on how many characters (not counting companions I think?) the clan has. Higher tier clans get to have more children before getting penalized
The young wife should have a chance, yes. Unless your clan already has too many people in it, she might also have a chance if you're leaving her sitting in the same town/castle as her husband too.
I knew about all the other factors except whether or not she was a spouse of my actual character. Just did a test save you're 100% correct. I was starting to get really bummed because I wanted this to be a very long dynasty themed playthrough. You should be recognized as the community fertility expert. Thanks for taking your time to save my the realm.

• Her Age
The fun thing is, TaleWorlds even count Dead Heroes into it, so currently your Clan will exceed the Limit, because the Game counts Dead Heroes too.

Thanks everyone for your replies. All good advice/info. I'm pretty sure I have way too many clan members, but a few have died off recently, so I was hoping that if any maximum clan population cap exists, it would get refilled.
I have 58 family members and an additional 9 companions in the clan. My 78 year old father has just married his third wife. I constantly receive marriage proposals for all my old widowed family members, so it doesn't seem like a hard population cap is in effect.
Mf you have 58????? And you expect to have more???!!! You're not breeding you're repopulating Carladia man soon everyone will be incest children because there will be no one to **** but cousins

Back
Top Bottom