• Sounds good if achievable ?

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Interesting but what about ...

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Boring

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

In the ancient world, different population classes was very real even leading to class wars. We all remember the Roman Republic and it's constant clashed between Patricians and Plebs.

I was wondering whether one faction could be modded whereby there weren't sub-clans but sub-Classes. for example the Southern Empire could made of - Aristocrats - Merchants - Commoners - Peasants - Poor - Slaves etc. Each Class (clan) could only recruit certain soldier types - Poor (Rock throwers, club men, etc). The relationships between these classes could represent actual societies - Spartan - Aristocracy HATES slaves (Helots). Roman - Aristocracy (Patrician) DISLIKES commoners (Plebans) etc ... So you could be a Spartan King and declare war on the Helots yearly ?

Seems doable and should be enjoyable I just need to flesh it out more. What do you think ?

Last edited:
Interesting but instead of clan = class, say notables and gang leaders represent different classes and they show different recruits. Not a fun of the recruitment system though.
I don't like clans being classes becouse clans fit well as aristocratic families

Interesting but instead of clan = class, say notables and gang leaders represent different classes and they show different recruits. Not a fun of the recruitment system though.
I don't like clans being classes becouse clans fit well as aristocratic families

Good call. Yes, Gang leaders would be Criminal Class. Maybe Classes as something else ? Notables ? I'm still in design phase.

ok bad idea.

I was thinking it was funny how Pompey was a plebeian who was recruited by the aristocratic party, while Caesar was an aristocrat who was leading the populist party. Or how Oliver Cromwell turned to be the ban of absolutism which could be your hero after seeing your signature.

If you are going to work seriously, why not designing a good recruitment system? Something with man power linked to population, and equipment linked to prosperity. Then you calculate percentage of low class, middle class, wealthy class and you give them equipment and numbers accordingly. I'd love to have a levy system

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't think it enough. Yes now I think your original idea is good. So inside one faction there are clans who represent
Aristocrats - Merchants - Commoners - Peasants - Poor - Slaves etc.
As long as they recruit from their class is an interesting mix and it can be linked to politics with different policies for different classes, pissing off some clans and favouring others...
I like it (y)

Sounds really interesting! This could bring a whole new dynamic to the game. I think people who read your post might just see the terms, think its some boring suggestion about complex political things and move on, instead of reading it thoroughly and trying to imagine it. This thread deserves attention.

Imagine a Senate, where different political classes argue over policy. It would add a different dimension, no more just world conquest.

eg

Roman Senate -

Patricans (aristocrats) - "Lets enact a policy to replace workers with slave labour.."
Plebs (commoners) - "NO! Many workers rely on work to put bread on their table! .. to feed their children !"
Patricians - "But it's far cheaper! .."
Plebs - "TREASON! against the people of Rome! The Hastati and Princeps are on STRIKE!"
Patricians - "TREASON! .. Our Knights are Triarii will defend Rome. "
(reminds me of current globalisation a bit)

Before the vote of this legislation happens, there is alot of horse-trading, gaining the vote of each senator. Each senator would have their own opinions and needs, satisfy their needs, sway their opinion and gain their vote. You have a daughter (ugly Arnold) that needs a husband ? ok, I'll marry your daughter IF you vote against / for this policy .. etc etc etc etc etc etc

The problem with Bannerlord at the moment is all the factions are CLANS ???? combined to create kingdms ??? Civilized societies don't work that way. They were based on classes.

If fact there are many types of political systems ;

(1) Kingdoms - Leader supported by combined clans, clan laws to control the people. (Toughest leader rules)
(2) Monarchy - King supported by combined lords, religious laws control the people. (Royalty rules)
(3) Tyrannical - Tyrant supported by soldiers who control the people. (Toughest Warlord Rule)
(4) Republic - Elected elites to a senate who use Rule of Laws to control the people. (Rich and powerful Rules)
(5) Democracy - Elected leaders by the people to the senate who use Rule of Law to control the people. (common people Rule)

Last edited:
you don't need mod tools to start modding this unless you plan on adding custom models/scenes.
looks like its mostly scripted so all you need is a c# compiler.

minor factions got several sub behaviors (that are only partial implemented in game atm) such as mafia, religious order, mercenary ect. and i guess this is what you would have to mod, either modifying an existing sub behavior or create a new one for the class.

you don't need mod tools to start modding this unless you plan on adding custom models/scenes.
looks like its mostly scripted so all you need is a c# compiler.

minor factions got several sub behaviors (that are only partial implemented in game atm) such as mafia, religious order, mercenary ect. and i guess this is what you would have to mod, either modifying an existing sub behavior or create a new one for the class.

Thanks, So i need a C# compiler for XML files ? I think I'll need to program a lot of new stuff - populations - classes - government types - etc

What be great if there was a Intro to modding Bannerlord document.

Thanks, So i need a C# compiler for XML files ? I think I'll need to program a lot of new stuff - populations - classes - government types - etc

What be great if there was a Intro to modding Bannerlord document.

no no for xlm you just need notepad, but for what you have in mind i believe we would have to do some c# scripting as well.
at least for the moment. when Taleworlds fully implements the faction sub behavior maybe we would be able to tweak it with just xlm.

we got a full forum and discord for modding btw, you find both starter guides and advanced tutorials there. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?pages/modding/
I am also happy to help out if I can.

Back
Top Bottom