Think they're trying hard to break the player economy ?

Users who are viewing this thread

William7667

Regular
Beta 1.42

I think they're trying to do away with passive income for some reason
The problem with doing this of course is that in peace time you rely on passive income to build and train your armies for war
as you cant possibly kill enough looters and bandits to make enough money consistently to keep a large army going.

Tannery workshops are now only giving 5-50 daily return down from 200-400 my 4 workshops in total which cost around 14k each today gave me 76 income in total thats 76 for all 4 less than 20 each
While 400+ was a little generous the reduction is way too severe

Theres now no reason at all to buy a workshop its now a high risk investment with paltry returns
You risk losing your workshop in one of the frequent wars and will get little in return

The list of things that are now more trouble than their worth financially
ie likely to lose you more money than you make

Castles
Caravans
Workshops
Trading ( at least unless you get to a high trader level and perks kick in)

The list of things you can still make profit on They're probably next on the hit list

Looting ( can be quite limited in peacetime with only bandits and hideouts. In war time towns dont have enough money to buy all your loot)
Towns ( can make a profit if they dont get raided though if your at war it can be tough to provide a decent garrison without losing money )

I now own 3 towns 1 castle and my daily income fluctuates wildly from about -1200 to + 1200 I've not quite figured out why
luckily I'm in 5 yes 5 wars at the moment yet I'm still struggling to pay my garrisons and patrols and have only one companion party

The wars also create their own problems influence gain is very poor for destroying enemy armies.

I struggle to get enough influence to call up allies to confront the large armies sent at my towns. I just spent 250 influence calling up an army I destroyed five 100+ armies and two 700+ armies and have sixty influence left I cant remember how much I had after I spent the 250 but I'm getting daft numbers like 1.4 influence for destroying an army.
With the amount of loot I'm getting towns don't have enough money to buy it so towns need more money or at least very expensive light jewelery I can buy at 50k or more so I can sell my stuff and buy the jewelery. I cant sell all this loot without travelling over half the map and leaving my frontiers undefended.

Mods used
Banner tweaks Modlib Improved Garrisons Diplomacy fixes Lets Battle in the morning loot overhaul unlock DLL Banner peasants Realistic Battle Mod

I notice am workshops all of a sudden drop in profit. killing looters is getting boring. may be quests of a special group of looter and getting paid more to kill them now and then Also some larger looter groups (100 to a 1000) you need an army to fight. What would like to see is quest markers over villages and cities . But i personally avoid working for gangs or some merchants as i get criminal rating going up.

Yesterday, Mexico has explained everything about nerfing tanneries (check tanneries topic) and for many players (me too) it was awaited and good step. Now you need to think, check and calculate prices in different towns before running workshop to make it works properly and bring you profits. Not only buy 5 tanneries and become a milionaire in a year. Much better

1.Smithing brings You more money than cities actually have. Make some javelins and sell for 50k to solve Your problems.
2. After beating 2-3 parties of regular enemy army, You easily get stuff for 30-40k

Still so easy :smile:

Last edited:
I stopped playing Bannerlord a few days ago after over 700 hours playtime, because at the moment, in my opinion development is going backwards.
I do not blame the Devs, it is the management of the development that seems skewed, with priorities out of synch.
If it were not for the modding community, again in my opinion, the game would not be playable, apart from hack and slash.
It gives the impression some guys are trying to debug software that is currently being changed by other guys who are developing the game, whilst another guy is tweaking stuff, all out of synch, which equates to talent being wasted.
I will play again when it comes together, as I am a little board of restarting and mods becoming incompatible, which though can be expected, has become frustrating to me :roll: though I have certainly had my monies worth, thanks to modders :party:

Yeah Smithing needs looking at too. I think even the best item should cost only around 3000 to 4000 gold . but they could add item health and repair cost the higher the price the higher the repair cost also low health on items lowers damage or protection. They could add equipment health for your armies to so you have extra payment now and then for armies effectiveness .

I stopped playing Bannerlord a few days ago after over 700 hours playtime, because at the moment, in my opinion development is going backwards.
I do not blame the Devs, it is the management of the development that seems skewed, with priorities out of synch.
If it were not for the modding community, again in my opinion, the game would not be playable, apart from hack and slash.
It gives the impression some guys are trying to debug software that is currently being changed by other guys who are developing the game, whilst another guy is tweaking stuff, all out of synch, which equates to talent being wasted.
I will play again when it comes together, as I am a little board of restarting and mods becoming incompatible, which though can be expected, has become frustrating to me :roll: though I have certainly had my monies worth, thanks to modders :party:
I am the same i have 6 campaigns and 256 hours played. but i stopped playing too . I just check after a patch to see if it peaks my interest. i love bannerlord but it seems stuck in a rut at the moment .

Oh no but if we get too much money we'll ruin the game by.... .... ...buying good armor...nope..... buying good troops...nope...... buying special NPCs to train and recruit troops....nope.... bribing lord to vote for us.....nope...... well golly gee there's nothing to use money for so why are they so worried about us getting it from things other then combat?

And you get so much from just beating lords that it makes no sense to even worry about it at this stage of development.
I'm guessing this stuff is somebodies baby and they get to work only on stuff related to economy so they're all uppity about not letting anything give too much money. It was said before the reason devs haven't messed with loot drops/money too much yet is because it wrecks the AI lords, they can't deal without their influx of battle money like it is.

Yeah, but I”m pretty sure that after another new patch/hotfix You will not be able anymore to sell javelins for 50k each so better make them fast ?

Yeah, but I”m pretty sure that after another new patch/hotfix You will not be able anymore to sell javelins for 50k each so better make them fast ?

lol. Smithing is broken Sir I want to buy your city, the king ask me how much I say a javelin the king was happy and gave me the keys.

IMHO the idea to make difficult building up and maintaining elite armies able to rush the map in a row is a good one (for me), and I think that it is what they are trying to implement. Same thing for equipment. The problem is that, right now, it is an unfinished work... there are still a lot of balance to do.

Perhaps it would be good some difficult setting able to configure the 'richness' of the game that you are going to play to satisfy everyone. So at the start of the game you could choose adventuring in a ultra rich world where money is not a problem or a poor one where you have to hard manage your economical resources to keep your party going.

Yesterday, Mexico has explained everything about nerfing tanneries (check tanneries topic) and for many player (me too) it was awaited and good step. Now you need to think, check and calculate prices in different towns before running workshop to make it works properly and bring profits. Not only buy 5 tanneries and become a milionaire in a year. Much better

1.Smithing brings You more money than cities actually have. Make some javelins and sell for 50k to solve Your problems.
2. After beating 2-3 parties of regular enemy army, You easily get stuff for 30-40k

Still so easy :smile:
So easy till they bring smithing into penury like they did workshops

IMHO the idea to make difficult building up and maintaining elite armies able to rush the map in a row is a good one (for me), and I think that it is what they are trying to implement. Same thing for equipment. The problem is that, right now, it is an unfinished work... there are still a lot of balance to do.

Perhaps it would be good some difficult setting able to configure the 'richness' of the game that you are going to play to satisfy everyone. So at the start of the game you could choose adventuring in a ultra rich world where money is not a problem or a poor one where you have to hard manage your economical resources to keep your party going.
I would like a game were getting married having children as a point a longer game building up money and armies to conquer kingdoms . not a rush game.Its not for everyone but the idea of a character who just smashes everyone and charges into battle and destroys everyone him there path . its just Dynasty warriors. I would like a in depth medieval simulator.

I would like a game were getting married having children as a point a longer game building up money and armies to conquer kingdoms . not a rush game.Its not for everyone but the idea of a character who just smashes everyone and charges into battle and destroys everyone him there path . its just Dynasty warriors. I would like a in depth medieval simulator.

Yap Yap, me too... I was just speaking about economy to be on topic, but of course there are many other work still missing in other areas as you pointed.

There is a problem in item prices currently. Even a western town has 500 olives its price only drop to half of average price (like 20-25s, average for olives is 40). This was 0.2x before (means you can buy olives at 8-10) if there are huge amount of same item in town inventory. Of course problem is not related only one item, I used olives as example. We are examining problem and fix it soon. This problem effects caravan / workshop profits and also player trading negatively.

Devs seem to not learn from their faults,you dont have to nerf something to the ground,make players feeling like they're working and not have fun in the game and after tweek it again up so its balanced.Nerfs are needed but in considerable amount and player must have alternatives too.Atm if you start a new campaign untill you can pay for a 150 army and go help the kingdom you want it may not even exist on map like sturgia/aserai/n.empire.

Last edited:
That is true, now with actually non-profitable workshops/caravans it will take much more time before You’ll be able to gather good party enough to help the others. Without selling javelins seems almost impossible :smile: Sturgia might not survive that long but need to check :smile:

There is a problem in item prices currently. Even a western town has 500 olives its price only drop to half of average price (like 20-25s, average for olives is 40). This was 0.2x before (means you can buy olives at 8-10) if there are huge amount of same item in town inventory. Of course problem is not related only one item, I used olives as example. We are examining problem and fix it soon. This problem effects caravan / workshop profits and also player trading negatively.

Nice. Thanks for the update, and looking forward to the update! (so glad I went through the whole thread. lol)

Thank you very much for this update, it is much appreciated. Hopefully it will be fixed for the next hotfix.

Back
Top Bottom