Things we would like to see added or fixed

What is the most important thing that needs to be added in the next patch or two?

• crashing problems

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Leveling and experience tweek

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Stopping the kingdom steamrolls

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Running your own kingdom

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Tournament/area fix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quests

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Siege AI

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

pmn1990

Recruit
This is a tread about either issues that need to be solved or things that can be added for quality of life. Its still in early access so some of these may already be in the works or they were overlooked or they were intentionally left out and these can be added in mods. Basically a spot to air our grievances.

Bandit Camps
- They should let us choose which troops we bring on the bandit camp raids. It can be a simple prompt " You can only bring 8 troops on the raid" then you choose the troops. I am aware that the troops at the top of your party go. Maybe your companions are useless like mine are. It gives you the option to assemble a bandit hunting squad. 4 legionaries and 4 heavy archers, all infantry with throwing weapons. 8 different troops. The opportunity's are endless.

Castle Garrison- Why can i not add food to my starving castle that creates an endless feedback loop with prosperity.
Second point the settlement bonus prosperity perk that adds +4 while you are waiting there does not include castles(or towns) for whatever reason

Horse types- Different horses should have different carry capacity weight rather than the base 100 per horse. They already have camels and mules in the game which are basically just garbage horses you load up on. Instead give them a purpose as pack animals that have extra carrying capacity weight. They also make you use warhorses for certain troop upgrades when you can just go ahead and put heavy armor on any horse. Horses carry weight also doesn't work if you cant ride it which doesnt make any sense when every other troop in your army can

Archer volley fire/ fire at my command- So your archers don't waste all of there arrows firing when enemy is out of effective range.

Sieges- Somehow they made them worse than in warband. I think its the AI at this point i don't even fight them anymore. I cant command my own troops and the enemy will just let me hit them in the back with my sword. something needs to happen

Experience Buff- Do i even need to say anything?

Last edited:
The siege path finding needs some work. Crashes will take top priority as it should. The other stuff can be added in slowly as they see fit. I guess that's how they are looking at it.

Even with mods i don't get crashes anymore, i think its quite stable now, i really want to see some kingdom features, at least making war and peace.

The siege path finding needs some work. Crashes will take top priority as it should. The other stuff can be added in slowly as they see fit. I guess that's how they are looking at it.
The crashes are the least of my problems. I would prefer if it didn't crash but i've only had maybe 3 crashes in over 40 hours of gameplay. I know other people dont like the crashes.

I didn't have a lot of crashes so far. Maybe two and i never lost any progress. So they are not a problem for me.
I also think the leveling is ok. Not perfect. Currently i can't push myself to start a second playthroug and the levelling is not the reason for that.
The kingdome steamrolling is not that big of a problem for me. I like to join the weaker factions and give that way a challenge for me.
I prefer to join a faction instead of starting my own. So i also didn't vote for that.
Tournaments are fine. But of course they can still be improved a lot.
The reason why i don't start a second playthroug is because im bored by the main gameplay loop. Im not looking forward to another session of hunting lords and bandits. The solution for me is to offer more change. New well made quests are the best way to do that in my opinion. So i voted for quests.

Leveling up is a massive chore.
I've never becoome higher than lvl 13.
Siege AI is trash but focus on the progression please.

On my current playthrough
I didn't have a lot of crashes so far. Maybe two and i never lost any progress. So they are not a problem for me.
I also think the leveling is ok. Not perfect. Currently i can't push myself to start a second playthroug and the levelling is not the reason for that.
The kingdome steamrolling is not that big of a problem for me. I like to join the weaker factions and give that way a challenge for me.
I prefer to join a faction instead of starting my own. So i also didn't vote for that.
Tournaments are fine. But of course they can still be improved a lot.
The reason why i don't start a second playthroug is because im bored by the main gameplay loop. Im not looking forward to another session of hunting lords and bandits. The solution for me is to offer more change. New well made quests are the best way to do that in my opinion. So i voted for quests.
The leveling isnt bad once you figure it out but at the pace the game goes i may be able to max out only stewart by the time the game is over. Im at least 60 hours in on it already. My one handed which ive used the whole time and gotten at least 2k kills with isnt even 75 cause i didnt put more than 1 focus point into it. Leadership was the most important skill in warband and in this one its pointless to put a focus point in until you can lead an army. My athletics and riding are under 60 cause i didnt put more than 1 focus point in( literally still cant ride a warhorse) also every single troop is faster than me on foot. The lowly troops because no armor and armored troops have 150 athletics.

Main issue with tournaments is the group fights are way to easy and you only get 3 renoun and maybe 3k. You make that simming a fight with 40 looters.

When i made the poll i didnt know you could create your own kindom doing the main quest. Now I have one but I need to fight off endless lords. I executed 15 lords from vlandia and they still control almost half the map.

Im on my second kingdom im attempting to stop from steamrolling and those 2 have more land than all the others combined(2 eliminated 2 weak)

Leveling up is a massive chore.
I've never becoome higher than lvl 13.
Siege AI is trash but focus on the progression please.
Im 15 now see other reply i just made. Ive figured out how to level way faster based on what skills at what points in game

The leveling isnt bad once you figure it out but at the pace the game.

Im at least 60 hours in on it already.

My one handed which ive used the whole time and gotten at least 2k kills with isnt even 75.

My athletics and riding are under 60 cause i didnt put more than 1 focus point in(literally still cant ride a warhorse)

Every single troop is faster than me on foot.

"Im at least 60 hours in on it already."

ergo coom

I definitely want to see the army system worked or slightly overhauled.

Here are some shower thoughts as suggestions.
  • Clans can form armies only within their clan, this way they can properly dive into enemy territory relative to their clan level.
  • The most influential clan or faction leader can call all the banners essentially serving as the way the army system works currently, forming a massive army of differing clans.
  • Armies shouldn't always work independently of each other, and friendly clans can either work with each other or cost influence to aid such as helping to relieve a siege of its settlement or help besiege, etc.
My reasoning for this is because currently, armies don't feel very personal or fun after a while. It's the same old x builds an army, does something and disbands after one objective because cohesion is gone. Then y comes in and builds another army, rinse and repeat.

This way, you can really see the effects of higher tier clans as they can do most of the heavy lifting in wars, while lower-tier clans can also level up by doing appropriate things like village raids. It forms a proper hierarchy to say, with the ruler or most influential clan able to call a massive campaign.

Most importantly though, armies will last more than a few days. The no-cost cohesion should allow for these clan armies to stay around and do the hurt, less they face another army and either die or get low enough that they need to disband to do their own things again.

Can someone tell me if cape clipping issues were fixed on this version?

I definitely want to see the army system worked or slightly overhauled.

Here are some shower thoughts as suggestions.
  • Clans can form armies only within their clan, this way they can properly dive into enemy territory relative to their clan level.
  • The most influential clan or faction leader can call all the banners essentially serving as the way the army system works currently, forming a massive army of differing clans.
  • Armies shouldn't always work independently of each other, and friendly clans can either work with each other or cost influence to aid such as helping to relieve a siege of its settlement or help besiege, etc.
My reasoning for this is because currently, armies don't feel very personal or fun after a while. It's the same old x builds an army, does something and disbands after one objective because cohesion is gone. Then y comes in and builds another army, rinse and repeat.

This way, you can really see the effects of higher tier clans as they can do most of the heavy lifting in wars, while lower-tier clans can also level up by doing appropriate things like village raids. It forms a proper hierarchy to say, with the ruler or most influential clan able to call a massive campaign.

Most importantly though, armies will last more than a few days. The no-cost cohesion should allow for these clan armies to stay around and do the hurt, less they face another army and either die or get low enough that they need to disband to do their own things again.
Have you ruled your own kingdom yet because it does address some of what your talking about?

Most of the problems I've had relate to my computer being made of old parts and me being a pedant. I've had a number of crashes from going into taverns and arenas, usually with a message talking about how it relates to me not running windows 10. Apart from that, I wouldn't mind seeing more swingable polearms, glaives and swordstaffs.

Have you ruled your own kingdom yet because it does address some of what your talking about?
Please elaborate, because I have conquered the map a few times as a vassal and Emperor and the army system does not work the way I suggested except for point two which I already explained as "the way army system works currently"

Crossbow impossible to level because it starts at lvl5 but crossbow item needs lvl 20
You can go to Vlandia and practice with it and gain skill points. This was in a patch last week where you can get skill points in arenas and tournies.

Please elaborate, because I have conquered the map a few times as a vassal and Emperor and the army system does not work the way I suggested except for point two which I already explained as "the way army system works currently"
When you are the king you can summon all of your clan to your army without using any influence points. It still costs influence to summon the additional lords that you convince to join your kingdom from other kingdoms which are your vassals that you can grant fiefs to. My kingdom isn't very large yet so far nobody has formed an army in it besides me. When you are king you can call all of your clan to your army and when cohesion is gone you can call them back for free and they are all still right there. So you can permanently have an army of around 300 to 400 strong. Then when you call the others and spend influence bring it up to 600ish strong army. Also as i said my kingdom is small 3 towns and 4 castles total so as it gets larger those numbers will aswell.

Back
Top Bottom