Things to Actually Do in Your Castle

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
In Warband, apart from taking a walk around the grounds or talking to a couple of NPCs with extremely limited dialogue, there was actually very little to do in your freshly conquered castle.

I'm hoping this changes. I love the idea of being able to have a better variety of actions and more than anything else, actually have a reason to spend some time in the stone walls my men have shed blood for.

Can you imagine if you could sit on your throne, eat and drink to temporarily boost your own stats , play the board game of bannerlord with one of your men across the table ...and then pay to order a feast and some local dancing girls? (for a party morale boost).

And how cool would it be if, when you become the king of your own lands and declare independence, that you have a map room in your largest castle where you can stand around the map and administer your kingdom... adding and editing troop patrol routes etc...

Just ideas....

Last edited:
it need something else yes!
perhaps a cinemmatic of a fest after a conquered city or castle. And ofcourse lot of more intereaction, real reasons to walk around castle or cities!
i hoped they didnt let u buy thru the menu so u have to walk around a little bit and watch inside the cities.

If we are king/queen/lord, i would rather servants to walk to us when we sit on the throne, and then we could take decision via dialogue screen after diplomat/general/minister/treasury dude comes to us. That kind of kingdom&fief management would add some immersion into the game.

Player to walk to the other dudes to make decision seems silly to me, when sitting on the throne feature exists.

One of the best things about the original Shogun: Total War was the throne room.

Just a static first person scene with your advisor sitting to your left, whom you could click on for some words of wisdom, and a geisha to the right in the corner of the room (she didn't do anything unless you became the target of an assassination!).

There you received bowing emissaries from other Clans, on whose words you would judge whether or not to accept their master's offer of alliance; and there sometimes you would also receive the severed head of your own diplomat after an unsuccessful peace offering abroad. And in front of you all the time was a tabletop map of the land, on which you would move wooden chess-like figures to represent your orders for the movements of your armies.

It was incredibly atmospheric. I never understood why Creative Assembly ditched this feature in subsequent Total War games: they were all the poorer for it.

Bannerlord looks like it has a concise and clear menu-based UI, which is fine. But wouldn't it be a whole lot more immersive if you did your Clan and Kingdom management from a room in your Keep, or from a tent in your army's encampment?

Maybe it's for a mod. That's what everyone says, isn't it?

Immersion is a big must in Games like these, i would love for you to be able to control your kingdom through a table map in the throne room / castle hall. And seeing your diplomats head after a failed offer. That would surely piss People off enough to start a fight.

One of the best things about the original Shogun: Total War was the throne room.

Just a static first person scene with your advisor sitting to your left, whom you could click on for some words of wisdom, and a geisha to the right in the corner of the room (she didn't do anything unless you became the target of an assassination!).

There you received bowing emissaries from other Clans, on whose words you would judge whether or not to accept their master's offer of alliance; and there sometimes you would also receive the severed head of your own diplomat after an unsuccessful peace offering abroad. And in front of you all the time was a tabletop map of the land, on which you would move wooden chess-like figures to represent your orders for the movements of your armies.

It was incredibly atmospheric. I never understood why Creative Assembly ditched this feature in subsequent Total War games: they were all the poorer for it.

Bannerlord looks like it has a concise and clear menu-based UI, which is fine. But wouldn't it be a whole lot more immersive if you did your Clan and Kingdom management from a room in your Keep, or from a tent in your army's encampment?

Yes. Agree completely. Its stuff like this that really turns a very good game into a truly great game which will be loved for decades and not be forgotten.

+1

There's been no mention of such a feature, so it probably isn't there.

I can't say if this feature is still in the game, however I recall at one point there being a "court" function, where you sat on your throne and you listened to the grievances of notables. That being said, I only ever saw a screenshot so this could be a) part of a specific quest instead of a regular feature you can initiate, or b) scrapped.

I can't say if this feature is still in the game, however I recall at one point there being a "court" function, where you sat on your throne and you listened to the grievances of notables. That being said, I only ever saw a screenshot so this could be a) part of a specific quest instead of a regular feature you can initiate, or b) scrapped.
Holding court would be amazing. I hope it’s still included.

More interaction in scenes more good - I like the idea of the game being more and more about things that aren't just drinking from peoples skulls and harvesting seasons.

But yes, all these suggestions are really great and I hope a lot of them pop up during EA and onwards.

It would be cool if lords come inside your castle and speak with you inside your castle.....just like you come inside their castle and speak with them.
Only passive interaction in Warband is when someone wants to attack you and you get the classic dialogue on map screen rather than dialogue in a specific place. And if you do a feast....they don't even greet you if you don't speak with them!
Lords have problems but they are too shy to ask you to resolve them....a classic fault in RPG is that the world rotate around you, what makes M&B great is that not only you aren't a chosen one but if you don't act you are an useless one: try to camp somewhere or just being a lazy trader and you will see that lords will resolve their wars without you. Quests should have the same approach: usual way should be to ask lords, but if too much time passes lords should ask to you or find some NPC to solve their quest.

I really like those ideas! In Warband you allways have this feeling of homelesness, because you dont really have a place, where you live. Imagine having your own castle, with a bed, kitchen, armory, throne room and staff, that is working for you, cooking and bringing food, sharpening your swords, polishing your armors, taking care of errands.. it would just add so much more feel of achievement. Oh and of course you need a big treasury, to hoard (and actually see) all the money and goods you geathered on your conquests! :grin:

TORT..... interrogation chamber.....room.....
It would be great to someday have lots of thing to upgrade in castles and town that could give you and your troops bonuses and ad value to fiefs beyong your richest 2 towns.

I'm afraid that it might be too much to ask of the devs for first person interactions like this. Personally, I can roleplay just fine through menus, and my immersion breaks in warband when I have to go into an instance in order to talk to someone (village leaders!!!!)

It does sound cool, but kind of fluffy, for lack of a better term.

it need something else yes!
perhaps a cinemmatic of a fest after a conquered city or castle. And ofcourse lot of more intereaction, real reasons to walk around castle or cities!
i hoped they didnt let u buy thru the menu so u have to walk around a little bit and watch inside the cities.

a small cinematic after conquering a castle/town would be amazing.
something like you and few of your soldiers/companions enter the castle and replace the flags with your own. kinda like in assassin's creed borgia towers/templar dens

Back
Top Bottom