Things that really need to improve

Users who are viewing this thread

GojoGem

Banned
Marriages: Make them take more time, it's really lacking. It takes 2 chats with a lady/lord to get married and the lords give no conditions at all to get married, all it takes is 3k or something? You don't need to win the family's favor to marry, and the ladies all it takes is some save scumming to marry them.
Reminder: In warband you needed to get the lady to truly like you in order to marry her, and sometimes you needed to fight other suitors to get her hand, also, the lord (father/brother) in charge of her was needed to like you too, and if they find out you were visiting her in secret there was a chance he got mad and never approved the marriage. Also, dedicating a tournament was something you chose to do and the lady would react to that, instead in Bannerlord it's part of some random quest you would get from a random lady you don't even desire to marry, making it a completely dull feature that doesn't even matter, really don't know what we're you thinking about this.
Please make it more complex and interesting.

Lords interactions: Talking with lords gave you some possibilities in choice making. You could help a lord to pick on an another lord in the same faction, leading that lord you picked on to not to get awards afterwards, and making an ally and an enemy for yourself, something that can help you afterwards (you could marry the daughter of the lord you helped, or use your friendship to convince him to join your faction afterwards). You could talk with lord's spouses to get their favor, sometimes championing for her against a lord that insulted them or rescuing their spouses/sons, in exchange they would help you to raise relations with lords you had trouble with. This is non existent in Bannerlord, lords have nothing to do in this world and that leads to poor characterization, meaning that you no longer make friendships/enemies in the game.
There is one quest that lords give, that make you take a young lord as a page. For starters, just like tournaments dedications, this shouldn't be a quest, this should be a feature, and lords that have good relations with you should ask you directly to have their children as pages, and you should be able to do the same to get a lords' favor, moving on, I took mimir from Sturgia, this was a cool """feature""" because it was the first time I was interacting with a lord in a better way, and when they left I felt good about teaching a young lord. A year later that boy grew a lot (he even had a mustache lol). And I took him under my army to conquer a castle. This was so cool, the boy I kind of raised was now a grown up with his own men, and then the worst happened, in a siege, he died. I felt so bad about it, I felt it was my fault, but afterwards all I could think of was that WHY DOESNT IT HAPPEN MORE OFTEN WITH OTHER LORDS? The answer is: because lords don't interact with you ever and you have no possibility to feel for a lord when they die

This includes a second part that is: feasts. Feasts are compulsory Taleworlds, they are, some people consider it unecessary but they're key to building immersion in the world, we need feasts and this kind of activities to make the world feel a little more alive and less "npcs killing each other" all the time, this includes feasts for marrying, feasts for born children, feasts for coming of age, feasts for winning wars, feasts for the sake of them.

Companions: please, remake this system entirely. I think a lot of people agree with me when I say that companions are boring discardable soldiers with extra features. I don't want discardable people, I want people with personalities that build the world a little more. Every time a companion dies I just can't care less. I just go to the closest tavern and hire anyone and buy them all the armour I can with ez smithing money (50k a sword = companion fully equipped)

Looters, bandits: Seriously just give them a little bit more personality, there can be a million types of bandits and looters rather than just 2 types of ez killable ones. That adds the feature of man hunters and hirable patrols. Give the world a little bit more of excitement and flavour with this please, it's compulsory that the player doesn't see the same people in white rags in the whole world, they're the same EVERYWHERE, why is that? In the aserai desert they look the same than in Battania?!?

Minor factions: give them a location, a working place, a hideout, a personality, quests, let us become the leader of one, let us create one, they're just boring mercenaries whose only difference from one another is their clothes. You can do better than this

Dialogs: I'm getting tired at this point but dialog is compulsory too. How is that my wife is married and she's so robotic she's not even able to communicate me her excitement for it. It feels so robotic talking to people. How is that I can't even see my little siblings and talk to them at all? It's called immersion Taleworlds please consider it because its the one thing that makes me quit everytime

Calradia is a harsh world full of unfeeling people. The peoples of Calradia developed emotional maturity and social behavior only in the years after the Bannerlord era. If you don't have a positronic brain, you'll have a bad time interacting with the locals.
You'll have to brace yourself and develop the same harshness and indifference to life and death to fit in.
Reminder: In warband you needed to get the lady to truly like you in order to marry her
There was actually a hidden value that determined whether she really likes you called "chemistry" which was completely random, and this made wooing easier or harder, but you could guess where this was going by the initial reactions. (iirc)

Calradia is a harsh world full of unfeeling people. The peoples of Calradia developed emotional maturity and social behavior only in the years after the Bannerlord era. If you don't have a positronic brain, you'll have a bad time interacting with the locals.
You'll have to brace yourself and develop the same harshness and indifference to life and death to fit in.

There was actually a hidden value that determined whether she really likes you called "chemistry" which was completely random, and this made wooing easier or harder, but you could guess where this was going by the initial reactions. (iirc)
Yes, when you dedicate a tournament it becomes quite clear. Sometimes you could get 12 points by dedicating it which showed an instant interest or 2 if she wasn't interested at all. You could still marry her anyways, but it would take more time and probably she would favor another suitor. That was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom