Things that need work in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

BigJoeJoyce

Recruit
Hey,

I've been playing Bannerlord now for about 2 months and I've been having some serious fun with the game. Pretty much every aspect of this game is fantastic. The price I paid for it was well worth it and I have no regrets making the purchase. I would advise everybody who hasn't played it to play it. That being said, there are obviously some things that take away from the enjoyment that could use working. These are;

1. Bandits: Bandits are fantastic for early game loot, XP and troop development. They're a vital resource in the game and it's somewhat fun ridding them from your kingdom or fief. I say somewhat because; in the later game, even during peacetime, it's extremely difficult to keep your land clean from them. Unless you dedicate most of your playtime exterminating them, they're going to continue to plague your economy and villagers. What really gets to me is that none of my parties of other clans in my kingdom seek out to kill them during peacetime. I have x4 clans all with multiple parties and they barely touch the bandits. I can't spent my entire session going around taking them out. By the time you clear them and head back to where you started, they're back again in their dozens. My vassals do nothing to help with this. In war time, you can choose to be defensive or offensive. I wish there was some system you could implement that orders your vassals to clean up or, select 'aggressive' to local threats. The hideouts pop up every few days and your vassals can't take them out either. You have to. Bandit control is incredibly monotonous later game and very frustrating.
  2. Additional vassal diplomacy: I have x4 clans and I've good relationships with everybody in them and my parties. I have almost every single other kingdom's vasslas at minus relations due to mass beheadings when taking out a faction. I found that the only way to make a dent in the kingdom. I now can't speak to other clans from kingdoms and invite them through. I can't promote any of my party members to become their own clans. I'm stuck, I've reached my peak of x4 clans and can't expand any further. There's no way I see where you can create another clan using a party member. I've gifted castles and cities to party members hoping that would do it but, nothing.
  3. Additional Kingdom diplomacy: Right now, due to my terrible relations with all of the other kingdom's vassals, I can't interact with them or do anything. They constantly wage war and it's so repetitive. I either fight, lose **** loads of money and get them to pay and call for peace or I have to do it, either way I end up losing so much and it's the same thing, over and over. My vassals constantly demand war and more war and every faction constantly declares war. I'm stuck because I can't improve relationships and due to that, it increases the chances of war which is already repetitive. There's no option to just request or declare peace without paying **** loads of money. Money that's being wasted by bandits destroying the economy. Then war kicks in and bandits get worse while I spend more dealing with enemies and all of a sudden, there's droves of bandits reaching over 100 men. I declare peace and its back to bandit clearing. You can't focus on quests or anything.

So far, late game it's rinse and repeat. War -> lose money -> peace and pay money -> cleaning up bandits -> war -> repeat. Each war lowers relations, even if you try to improve them. I'm stuck in a quagmire and it's getting incredibly repetitive. I've started a new game and after a few levels it hit me... why am I starting again to have the same thing? I've stopped playing a week ago. I've set it aside for a bit. The game was incredibly fun until I realised how many annoying things destroy the enjoyment.

I've started a new game and after a few levels it hit me... why am I starting again to have the same thing?
Your concerns are valid, but I'd like to suggest trying a different kind of playthrough if you just want to have a bit more fun. You can try executing everyone, be a peaceful merchant vassal that earns all your fiefs by buying them, etc. Playing the game the standard way (good warrior guy fighting all the time) is indeed frustrating.

Your concerns are valid, but I'd like to suggest trying a different kind of playthrough if you just want to have a bit more fun. You can try executing everyone, be a peaceful merchant vassal that earns all your fiefs by buying them, etc. Playing the game the standard way (good warrior guy fighting all the time) is indeed frustrating.
At least there's more than one way to play... but there should be more

I can't spent my entire session going around taking them out.
I agree and I think bandits/hideouts should both not spawn for no reason forever and also AI lords should be made to do more to get rid of them! However you can just ignore them too, just pass the policies in you OWN KINGDOM trial by jury, forgiveness of debts, tribunals and grazing rights, now loyalty and security can be basically ignored ( thus bandits too) while you do war forever, which you will do forever.

I found that the only way to make a dent in the kingdom.
I know another way.....
DCCJv.jpg

Keen sight (225 scouting) + Mounted Patrols (225 riding) on main character, gotta catch em all!
But yeah the speed and ease of AI recovery and the shortness of peace and the AI calculation that lead to peace/war all need lots of work.

I can't promote any of my party members to become their own clans.
Why not? Beat on enemy parties for influence, when you have close to 500 siege something and take it, then shove wanderer in the fief and talk to them and make them a Knight (clan), oh yeah the election hasn't came yet..... I guess I forgot and used MY fief (it's temp considered your fief) to make a new clan, well new clan maybe you get it in the election, maybe you don't new clan, but it's too late now you're in the army son!

So far, late game it's rinse and repeat. War -> lose money -> peace and pay money -> cleaning up bandits -> war -> repeat.
Never make peace on purpose, your stupid vassals will make peace and that's okay, don't waste influence trying to stop them, but really never make peace on your own, save influence and make new clan every 500 (yeah normal clans are weird in recent version, most would never join me not matter what), just over run the world with clans. Pass the policies and don't bother with bandits or quests anymore. It's need tunz of work for sure but a lot of the annoyance can be avoided by just not doing the annoying stuff.

Back
Top Bottom