Things that could be cool in the new game

Users who are viewing this thread

GoGoBinkian

Recruit
Co op single player
Wouldn’t be cool to battle your friends having different kingdoms or, Being cooperative with them I just think that’s a cool idea.

Co op single player
Wouldn’t be cool to battle your friends having different kingdoms or, Being cooperative with them I just think that’s a cool idea.
It is an awesome idea. But it’s practically impossible to implement because the dates between the two players will get out of sync.

Just do it smart, like when one pauses, it pauses for both, if one joins a battle it stops for the 2nd player whatever he was doing and he either joins the first player as a soldier or the enemies side like in Total War Face to face, as for cities and stuff like that, same could be done or it pauses the game for the 2nd player, yes it's kinda ****ty for the one who waits, but it works.But you don't always need to be running in the city either just menu screen is enough. But it's easier to do it for Co Op only. And i think it should be done honestly, it will add SO MUCH potential for a long run and playability.

Just do it smart, like when one pauses, it pauses for both, if one joins a battle it stops for the 2nd player whatever he was doing and he either joins the first player as a soldier or the enemies side like in Total War Face to face, as for cities and stuff like that, same could be done or it pauses the game for the 2nd player, yes it's kinda ****ty for the one who waits, but it works.But you don't always need to be running in the city either just menu screen is enough. But it's easier to do it for Co Op only. And i think it should be done honestly, it will add SO MUCH potential for a long run and playability.
Are you a game developer?

Honestly, man, that sounds awful. One person or another has to sit there doing nothing while the other player wanders around the city doing a quest? No one will want to do that.

And Bannerlord is not a turn based game
That's because you don't see it from campaign perspective, When i said about turn based it's related to the moment where one of the players enters a cities or battle. The other player can either wait, spectate or join the battle on enemies side. As for cities, in coop, menu screen for cities can be enough and quickly done, even without the pause. So my guess is that they just didn't want to waste time for the moment on something which requires more time and work, which in best way can be done in the future. Things move when you move. So basically you can either remove the pause when you try to play co op if we say both players have their parties, but in simple way just having the main player has his party up playing normally and in battle the other player or players can join his side and fight alongside, via invite or something, this type of co op is honestly enough.

And Bannerlord is not a turn based game
Also if pause is removed, one player that spends time in the cities won't be feared by being attacked or something, unless the city is being sieged, etc. While the other can still be roaming around. On paper it seems easy, but in reality the amount of infos between two players is insane and needs a proper way of implementing, that's why the attempt is hard, but time will tell.

Yep all my friends... that I have so many of.... who like the same games I do...... and want to play a game with me..... would be SO COOL maybe even VERY COOL.
No single player is enough for me. I think a-synchronous multiplayer aspect could be cool though. Like you can trade some resources to a friend or send them a mercenary AI force into their game. But I don't like any real time 'people in my game' type server communication stuff in single player.

it would make more sense to not pause it at all while in co op, no speed up either, just good ol fashioned time, yes it would make the gameplay even slower, but then at least co op would exist,

what about playing with a friend in the same party, one is the leader the other or others are the companions, and can buy and sell items in cities like the free lancer mod in warband

Back
Top Bottom