Things in Warband you hate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ilevus said:
Lord Bartor the Great said:
When you meet the belirgent drunk in the tavern without a blunt weapon and you don't want to piss off the tavern keeper, so you have to repeatedly kick him in the balls till he ko's.

:lol:

I'm surprised you were able to dig up this old thread.
It's called "Google". :wink:

I hate that when bandits ambush me in the night, I have my arms unequipped.
The first thing that I do when I see 4 or 5 bowmen aiming at me is right-clicking, then i get some arrows in my face because shield is unequipped.

Sammyboy said:
Bobsama said:
Sammyboy said:
I hate there is no way to speed up time while walking.
But there is: CTRL-Space.

I hate that I have played Mount and Blade for a little under a year now and never new that.

I made an account and necroed this thread because I've been playing for over 7 years and never knew that.

The Kingdom of Swadia's inevitable blundering mistakes that lead to its near destruction. Soon, Tevarin Castle is all that remains of a formerly glorious Kingdom. I finally become fed up with being a vassal of a kingdom with no fiefs or brains. I leave and join someone else, and Swadia promptly retakes all of its former lands and nearly drives the Nords and Rhodoks out of existence.

Oh, and getting jumped by 40 Sarranid horseman deserters when I am level 1 and am looking for troops to complete the starting quest.  :dead:

When you are at tier 6 in a tournament against a lance dude, and he ko's you with a couch at the first charge.a :evil:

A bit late, but that's your fault, not game's. Avoid the headon charge, zigzag and poke his horse until it falls, then charge him down. Lance only tourneys are easiest and most predictable, you can do them with level 1 character easily.

For me, it's spawning in tourney with 2H weapon and getting headshot half a second afterwards.

Sarin said:
When you are at tier 6 in a tournament against a lance dude, and he ko's you with a couch at the first charge.a :evil:

A bit late, but that's your fault, not game's. Avoid the headon charge, zigzag and poke his horse until it falls, then charge him down. Lance only tourneys are easiest and most predictable, you can do them with level 1 character easily.

For me, it's spawning in tourney with 2H weapon and getting headshot half a second afterwards.

There is an even more bad scenario for a similar thing which is waiting 24 hours or more for building a siege tower and you are shot by a bolt to the head at the moment of spawning.

Tries to do quest for villages

Then talk to the village's lord and you loose relation with him because he's the lord of the village and he doesn't want your help but he can't even help them.  :meh:

Lord Brutus said:
Naikon said:
Finding the culprit in village can be very irritating sometimes.
He's always hiding in plain sight.  There are only two people in villages who don't move, the Village Elder and the "Nervous Man."

:oops: It's embarrassing how long I searched for the assassin the first time I did that quest....failed it a few times too.

And those guild masters, I know they don't actually move, but sometimes I wonder... :meh:

I bought this game a couple of weeks ago, but oh boy, this is fun. Typical a game where gameplay > graphics. Anyway:

This: Charging happily around the battlefield just to see the enemy reinforcements spawn on the exact same spot where you are. Surrounded by enemies you can’t break out and within a few seconds you are gangbanged and hit K.O.

And this:  During sieges my top notch archers spawn as last reinforcements, when they are not needed anymore.

And this: Enemy lords with an army of 6 troops raiding my villages. Come on peasants! I trained you so many times and you can’t handle a group of 7 soldiers?

David the Hammer said:
I bought this game a couple of weeks ago, but oh boy, this is fun. Typical a game where gameplay > graphics. Anyway:

This: Charging happily around the battlefield just to see the enemy reinforcements spawn on the exact same spot where you are. Surrounded by enemies you can’t break out and within a few seconds you are gangbanged and hit K.O.

And this:  During sieges my top notch archers spawn as last reinforcements, when they are not needed anymore.

And this: Enemy lords with an army of 6 troops raiding my villages. Come on peasants! I trained you so many times and you can’t handle a group of 7 soldiers?

The last one is annoying, that's true, but rest is L2P. Reinforcements always span on same spot as enemy army started, and you can call up minimap by pressing backspace so you don't get lost. And you can manipulate the order of troops going into battle by their position within your party roster.

David the Hammer said:

That is why I ride a Charger. And never stop charging! :lol:

Sarin said:
The last one is annoying, that's true, but rest is L2P. Reinforcements always span on same spot as enemy army started, and you can call up minimap by pressing backspace so you don't get lost. And you can manipulate the order of troops going into battle by their position within your party roster.

Aha thanks, as said, I just started to play.  :grin:

I never used the minimap, I only noticed it when I give orders. And to be honest, while chasing down enemies with my lance I'm too excited to pay attention to minimaps, hehe.  Maybe a daft question, how can I re-arrange the roster? And will my surgeon skills companion still function, even if I put him on the bottom of the list, or must he be active on the battlefield?

Surgeon will be active as long as he will not get knocked out during battle, he doesn't have to be present on the battlefield, which is why people often put their skiller companions on the bottom of roster.

Reorganizing is simple, go to party screen, choose the unit you want to move, you should see buttons move up and move down, use them to organize the party as you see fit. Of course, that is only doable on world map.

Back
Top Bottom