Things I hope get fixed soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a list of things that I think breaks this game for me at the moment:

1. Crashes - There's still a ridiculous number of game crashes, for seemingly no reason. I've got a conspiracy quest active at the moment which I can't complete because as soon as I beat the conspiracy party, the loot screen crashes the game. It's pure pot-luck playing the game and coming away without a crash, which after a year, I wouldn't have expected there to be still so many crashes with systems that seemingly haven't changed since launch.
  2. Difficulty - I play on Very Easy, and while battles get stale and boring because I can use 100 men to take on 900 men, the game is actually impossible to beat on Very Easy, let alone any other difficulty, and this is because of the lack of intelligence in AI. If you siege any town, that AI faction just relentlessly hammers you. Your tactics could be superior in every way, but eventually your army will be whittled away into nothingness, if not for retreating-scumming (in itself, is an issue anyway), but in removing the option to retreat-scum, you lose your entire army before you can even build a siege camp unless you take the entire enemy faction as prisoners (which they easily escape anyway). All in all, the difficulty of the game is both immensely easy, and impossible at the same time. Again, this is something I expected much more progress in after over a year of development since release.
  3. Skill Tree - This is still as broken as launch day. You need the attribute points to be assigned in order to get good usage from skill points to allow you to progress further in the ranks, but you need to level up too many times to get one attribute point. If you don't have attribute points, you max-out your learning (which isn't realistic) and make zero progress, which in turns means you can't earn any more attribute points. Thus, there's always a loop you get stuck in where you never manage to progress with your character. In my opinion, the absolutely minimum earning potential for any skill should be 1.00x the experience being earned, not 0.00x. If you're still doing something, you're still learning and getting better at it. Attribute points should just assist in levelling up quicker in a given field, not be the skill cap.
  4. Kingdoms - The biggest issue of all is that Kingdoms are impossible. If you start a Kingdom, you're immediately at war with 2-3 factions just for existing. Those factions just relentlessly batter you, while they let their own settlements and castles get taken from the other factions they're at war with - but that's ok, because they're still wanting to beat down on the new guy. It's really, really, really odd behaviour from the AI. They shouldn't be focused on eradicating a small-strength kingdom that poses little to no threat, and should be focused on the faction that's swept through two kingdoms to meet them and then is taking all their settlements and income away from them. Not to mention that becoming stronger is also virtually impossible. Lords you're "best friends" with in the game, are demanding you pay them 800k gold to betray their lord that they have a -20 relationship with? Seriously? The whole loyalty and alignment thing needs serious work, and I mean serious work. It's utterly terrible as it stands.
  5. Social Interactions - Completely null and void of any interest. The persuasion checks aren't even accurate with 90%+ actions failing repeatedly where as a 2% critical failure seems to have a higher chance at triggering. Either the percentages are wrong, or the system is wrong... either way, it's still a crap system. You shouldn't see the percentages. You should see the statement, the statement's attributes/traits that it appeals to, and then have to read the question and figure out the best answer based on that character's attributes/traits. For example, if they're a disloyal person, you shouldn't be choosing answers that highlight loyalty (unless the question is about demonstrating loyalty to them). This means you actually need to read the question and answers, instead of just hoping that the dice roll is a success because there's literally no redo aside from save-scumming.
  6. Scumming - It's literally the only way to play the game in the current state. You're timed on everything, and you can't train units fast enough especially when the AI don't even train units at all and just constantly bombard 700 recruits at you over and over. You can't buy enough Units to outnumber any of the AI, and you generally can't afford the better units at around 200 Unit cap (even with two settlements). So when you finally get an army, and it gets wiped out through chance, or bad decisions, or whatever else, you more or less have to resort to save-scumming... and then battles that you're significantly outnumbered in - which lets face it, is about 99% of battles because you have no way to recruit factions without being rich - you then have to retreat-scum as well to protect them. It all feels really poorly balanced, and its the absolute foundation of the game - how on earth has this not been addressed in almost 18 months of development post-release?
  7. Loot / Equipment - The loot rewards are madly imbalanced. You get way too much loot from battles to the point an entire settlement can't buy you out after a few successful battles (so just perform one siege and the ensuing 21 battles of relentless AI onslaught will be surely enough to buy out all the settlements in the region). This in turn makes buying armour, buying weapons, pretty pointless, because you're always going to end up being able to fund it after a very short space of time - if you don't cheat and just marry someone and steal their armour anyway. It'd be nice to have the best loot extremely rare, and even still eventually be able to craft the best stuff at the highest level yourself (if you invest time into smithing), personally, I've rarely been bothered to do any smithing because it costs a lot of resources and stamina, and takes way too long. Some people probably enjoy it, but meh... In an MMORPG, sure, that's great... in Bannerlord not so much. If the Stamina were to be removed, then cool... it makes it much better imo.
  8. Trading - I really don't get this... You need to level up to a ridiculous high trading skill to say "Hey, you can have this castle."... really? Are those words not possible otherwise? Trading perks = cool. Trading options being inaccessible because apparently you cannot say those words in that specific order = not cool.
  9. Income - I still feel this all round is pretty broken and needs balancing. I get the impression that TW don't really understand that at the start of the game you're pretty anon and shouldn't be regarded as a threat, and therefore your army shouldn't need to be that big in order to get involved in things... but every other lord is seemingly Tier 3 and above, and has 80+ parties, while you're stuck as a tier 1 20+ party with poor units that you can't afford to upgrade... but then when you get to tier 5 and have a party of 240, you're contending with armies of over 1000, so you're still in the exact same boat, all the way through - there's always the AI with 4x more men than you. The income is pretty much the foundation of the game for army recruitment and upkeep, and its grossly imbalanced, especially when it seems that the AI don't even need to bother with Income or balancing their finances. Oh and more on this; Caravans get intercepted and attacked way too often (most often by looters), at this point it doesn't even seem to be cost effective spending 22.5k on getting "good" troops to defend a caravan when the caravan rarely lasts 22 days when you're in war time. Workshops seem to be the only productive spending, but then, they're also poor in that the income they generate fluctuates between 0-200 per day and as it stands, no way to upgrade them, or make their production any better.
  10. Politics - There's absolutely no diplomacy, still. "Make peace" and "Declare war"... that's the only two options? Really? And I have no idea what decides the whole "tribute" factor. When some faction declares war on me, and then I repeatedly spank them for 100 days and give them 40,000 casualties, take a castle off them, have their entire faction imprisoned (eventually), and the option for peace is I pay them 1350 gold per day is utterly ridiculous.
All in all, there's still a hell of a lot of work to be done on this game.

For all the forum readers of this lengthy post, here's a quick statement:
I want to play this game my way; I do not want to have to play the same way that you're playing because you found a way around a certain system I've referenced above as being broken - this game is an RPG, and therefore I want to play the role I am creating for my character. 9/10 of the points above slot into that because they restrict how I am to play the game (and in a lot of scenarios, really pointlessly), with the only exception being the game crashes.

EDIT: Also, I shouldn't have to resort to modding to get the game's functionality that I was sold on. I didn't pay BobUser20184 money for his game, I paid Taleworlds for theirs.

I agree with you on most of points, this game is pretty much broken, that's why whenever I start a new campaign, I always cheat with money, reown, attributes points, experience level,
because if you don't cheat, this game is extremely difficult to play, so many broken pieces

just give you example, I have played 600+ days, and my brother , wife, only get a few attributes points, not even leveling up at all, since they only kill 0-1 enemy in every battle, and they max out their ability tree, so what's the point to have companion?? except for scout/medic/stewardship, etc.

and I only make 2 millions $ in 600+ days, I cheated so I have very high 100+ skills in all attributes,but still so slow to level up and gain experience

this game takes about probably 300+ hours in real life play time if you choose not to cheat and want to create your own kingdom and stabilize, if you want to conquor the world without cheating"????? lol good luck , at least 1000+ hours in real life

I am not young anymore, I don't have that much of time to play that many hours just to achieve the goal

I still feel this all round is pretty broken and needs balancing. I get the impression that TW don't really understand that at the start of the game you're pretty anon and shouldn't be regarded as a threat, and therefore your army shouldn't need to be that big in order to get involved in things... but every other lord is seemingly Tier 3 and above, and has 80+ parties, while you're stuck as a tier 1 20+ party with poor units that you can't afford to upgrade... but then when you get to tier 5 and have a party of 240, you're contending with armies of over 1000, so you're still in the exact same boat, all the way through - there's always the AI with 4x more men than you.
Hey, do you form your own armies or are you just rolling around as a solo party?

1. Crashes - There's still a ridiculous number of game crashes, for seemingly no reason. I've got a conspiracy quest active at the moment which I can't complete because as soon as I beat the conspiracy party, the loot screen crashes the game. It's pure pot-luck playing the game and coming away without a crash, which after a year, I wouldn't have expected there to be still so many crashes with systems that seemingly haven't changed since launch.
  2. Difficulty - I play on Very Easy, and while battles get stale and boring because I can use 100 men to take on 900 men, the game is actually impossible to beat on Very Easy, let alone any other difficulty, and this is because of the lack of intelligence in AI. If you siege any town, that AI faction just relentlessly hammers you. Your tactics could be superior in every way, but eventually your army will be whittled away into nothingness, if not for retreating-scumming (in itself, is an issue anyway), but in removing the option to retreat-scum, you lose your entire army before you can even build a siege camp unless you take the entire enemy faction as prisoners (which they easily escape anyway). All in all, the difficulty of the game is both immensely easy, and impossible at the same time. Again, this is something I expected much more progress in after over a year of development since release.
  3. Skill Tree - This is still as broken as launch day. You need the attribute points to be assigned in order to get good usage from skill points to allow you to progress further in the ranks, but you need to level up too many times to get one attribute point. If you don't have attribute points, you max-out your learning (which isn't realistic) and make zero progress, which in turns means you can't earn any more attribute points. Thus, there's always a loop you get stuck in where you never manage to progress with your character. In my opinion, the absolutely minimum earning potential for any skill should be 1.00x the experience being earned, not 0.00x. If you're still doing something, you're still learning and getting better at it. Attribute points should just assist in levelling up quicker in a given field, not be the skill cap.
  4. Kingdoms - The biggest issue of all is that Kingdoms are impossible. If you start a Kingdom, you're immediately at war with 2-3 factions just for existing. Those factions just relentlessly batter you, while they let their own settlements and castles get taken from the other factions they're at war with - but that's ok, because they're still wanting to beat down on the new guy. It's really, really, really odd behaviour from the AI. They shouldn't be focused on eradicating a small-strength kingdom that poses little to no threat, and should be focused on the faction that's swept through two kingdoms to meet them and then is taking all their settlements and income away from them. Not to mention that becoming stronger is also virtually impossible. Lords you're "best friends" with in the game, are demanding you pay them 800k gold to betray their lord that they have a -20 relationship with? Seriously? The whole loyalty and alignment thing needs serious work, and I mean serious work. It's utterly terrible as it stands.
  5. Social Interactions - Completely null and void of any interest. The persuasion checks aren't even accurate with 90%+ actions failing repeatedly where as a 2% critical failure seems to have a higher chance at triggering. Either the percentages are wrong, or the system is wrong... either way, it's still a crap system. You shouldn't see the percentages. You should see the statement, the statement's attributes/traits that it appeals to, and then have to read the question and figure out the best answer based on that character's attributes/traits. For example, if they're a disloyal person, you shouldn't be choosing answers that highlight loyalty (unless the question is about demonstrating loyalty to them). This means you actually need to read the question and answers, instead of just hoping that the dice roll is a success because there's literally no redo aside from save-scumming.
  6. Scumming - It's literally the only way to play the game in the current state. You're timed on everything, and you can't train units fast enough especially when the AI don't even train units at all and just constantly bombard 700 recruits at you over and over. You can't buy enough Units to outnumber any of the AI, and you generally can't afford the better units at around 200 Unit cap (even with two settlements). So when you finally get an army, and it gets wiped out through chance, or bad decisions, or whatever else, you more or less have to resort to save-scumming... and then battles that you're significantly outnumbered in - which lets face it, is about 99% of battles because you have no way to recruit factions without being rich - you then have to retreat-scum as well to protect them. It all feels really poorly balanced, and its the absolute foundation of the game - how on earth has this not been addressed in almost 18 months of development post-release?
  7. Loot / Equipment - The loot rewards are madly imbalanced. You get way too much loot from battles to the point an entire settlement can't buy you out after a few successful battles (so just perform one siege and the ensuing 21 battles of relentless AI onslaught will be surely enough to buy out all the settlements in the region). This in turn makes buying armour, buying weapons, pretty pointless, because you're always going to end up being able to fund it after a very short space of time - if you don't cheat and just marry someone and steal their armour anyway. It'd be nice to have the best loot extremely rare, and even still eventually be able to craft the best stuff at the highest level yourself (if you invest time into smithing), personally, I've rarely been bothered to do any smithing because it costs a lot of resources and stamina, and takes way too long. Some people probably enjoy it, but meh... In an MMORPG, sure, that's great... in Bannerlord not so much. If the Stamina were to be removed, then cool... it makes it much better imo.
  8. Trading - I really don't get this... You need to level up to a ridiculous high trading skill to say "Hey, you can have this castle."... really? Are those words not possible otherwise? Trading perks = cool. Trading options being inaccessible because apparently you cannot say those words in that specific order = not cool.
  9. Income - I still feel this all round is pretty broken and needs balancing. I get the impression that TW don't really understand that at the start of the game you're pretty anon and shouldn't be regarded as a threat, and therefore your army shouldn't need to be that big in order to get involved in things... but every other lord is seemingly Tier 3 and above, and has 80+ parties, while you're stuck as a tier 1 20+ party with poor units that you can't afford to upgrade... but then when you get to tier 5 and have a party of 240, you're contending with armies of over 1000, so you're still in the exact same boat, all the way through - there's always the AI with 4x more men than you. The income is pretty much the foundation of the game for army recruitment and upkeep, and its grossly imbalanced, especially when it seems that the AI don't even need to bother with Income or balancing their finances. Oh and more on this; Caravans get intercepted and attacked way too often (most often by looters), at this point it doesn't even seem to be cost effective spending 22.5k on getting "good" troops to defend a caravan when the caravan rarely lasts 22 days when you're in war time. Workshops seem to be the only productive spending, but then, they're also poor in that the income they generate fluctuates between 0-200 per day and as it stands, no way to upgrade them, or make their production any better.
  10. Politics - There's absolutely no diplomacy, still. "Make peace" and "Declare war"... that's the only two options? Really? And I have no idea what decides the whole "tribute" factor. When some faction declares war on me, and then I repeatedly spank them for 100 days and give them 40,000 casualties, take a castle off them, have their entire faction imprisoned (eventually), and the option for peace is I pay them 1350 gold per day is utterly ridiculous.
All in all, there's still a hell of a lot of work to be done on this game.

I want to play this game my way; I do not want to have to play the same way that you're playing because you found a way around a certain system I've referenced above as being broken - this game is an RPG, and therefore I want to play the role I am creating for my character. 9/10 of the points above slot into that because they restrict how I am to play the game (and in a lot of scenarios, really pointlessly), with the only exception being the game crashes.

EDIT: Also, I shouldn't have to resort to modding to get the game's functionality that I was sold on. I didn't pay BobUser20184 money for his game, I paid Taleworlds for theirs.

While I do agree with some of the mentioned points, I think you are probably doing something wrong if you think that the game is too hard. For example:

- I have to face only one enemy army as much before being able to complete siege preparations and build siege equipment. Are you maybe trying to conquerer settlements with a small army?
- If you are getting tons of wars when creating your own kingdom, it is pretty much possible that you have overextended. The AI especially checks the amount of owned settlements and clans in a kingdom when checking if declare war or not. So you probably have much settlements and just one or two clans.

The game is actually quite easy, even at hardest difficulty. You simply do not have to rush your own kingdom.

Hey, do you form your own armies or are you just rolling around as a solo party?
Solo party. Armies are pointless because:
  1. I can't choose what Units come into battle with me, and the absolute maximum unit limit is 1000, which is pretty standard for an army, therefore there's a good chance your tactics don't work because the game doesn't select the right unit distribution that you have in your party
  2. I don't know what crap units the AI are going to bring into my army. I don't want 700 recruits being fodder. I can barely stand it when my companions of 80/90 fill up with their parties full of T1 units.

While I do agree with some of the mentioned points, I think you are probably doing something wrong if you think that the game is too hard. For example:

- I have to face only one enemy army as much before being able to complete siege preparations and build siege equipment. Are you maybe trying to conquerer settlements with a small army?
- If you are getting tons of wars when creating your own kingdom, it is pretty much possible that you have overextended. The AI especially checks the amount of owned settlements and clans in a kingdom when checking if declare war or not. So you probably have much settlements and just one or two clans.

The game is actually quite easy, even at hardest difficulty. You simply do not have to rush your own kingdom.

1. Yes, but when I'm at population limit and able to siege a castle, I should be able to without having 15+ battles before my camp has been buiilt.
  2. It's happened on every, single campaign save I've created. I have 320 hours on the game.
Also:

1. I can't choose what Units come into battle with me, and the absolute maximum unit limit is 1000, which is pretty standard for an army, therefore there's a good chance your tactics don't work because the game doesn't select the right unit distribution that you have in your party
  2. I don't know what crap units the AI are going to bring into my army. I don't want 700 recruits being fodder. I can barely stand it when my companions of 80/90 fill up with their parties full of T1 units.
Ah, I see.

Well, this probably isn't the game for you.

so without any cheating, when will you create your own kingdom??
what criteria do you need to meet , before you create your own kingdom?

You know that old saying "quantity has a quality of it's own"? your retinue will be the backbone of your army but hundreds of fodder troops help immensely in large battles, sieges and specially holding the land after it since the AI lords will put them in the garrison.

The game needs battles to be more meaningful indeed but for now taking out one enemy field army will give you around a week of peace to siege a fief until they reform, beating two enemy field armies will weaken them for about two weeks more or less in which time you can take 2 maybe 3 fiefs if you rush.

I usually only start to siege after beating atleast one enemy army otherwise they'll come straight at you and then it's a matter of attrition, take them out and recruit like crazy before they can reform and pose a threat again, also disband your army after a few conquests since the lords become useless with few troops, let them go home and recruit on their own and in a few days they'll be ready to join an army again.

It depends about how much easily you want to do it. If I want to do it pretty easily, join a kingdom as vassal when you are clan tier 5 (it is possible to do it at clan tier 4 too but a bit harder). Help that kingdom to conquerer some good settlements owned by a another kingdom, and try to get for yourself 2 towns and one castle or so. Then increase these settlements defenses as much as possible and betray your king while keeping your fiefs, and then pay for peace.

Now you only have to recruit these fiefless lords you have taken their settlements before. Try to recruit two clans, and give the castle to one of them. Once your kingdom’s parties are ready at full capacity, declare war on the weak kingdom you taken your settlements before, and start getting all these fiefs from them, while recruiting this kingdom’s clans. Remember do not overextend your kingdom, do not conquerer to much settlements if you are not recruiting new clans for assigning these new settlements.

I'm not Dabos but...

-Two towns directly adjacent to each other.
-All recruiting slots unlocked in those towns.
-3 million denars.
-A few thousand units of food in the stash.
-Hundreds of horses in the stash.
-Three clan parties with max troops, tier 3 or higher.

The last three are for purposes of rapid expansion, to keep your army fast and fed while you take someone's towns. The huge pile of money is because when your kingdom is declared every single faction will see someone really weak they can easily conquer so you'll have to pay huge tribute amounts to keep them off your nuts. The last time I founded a kingdom, I was losing around 15,000 per day in tribute payments at the start and had to clear them off one by one by declaring war (a very short one) once my kingdom was more powerful.

3. Kingdoms - The biggest issue of all is that Kingdoms are impossible. If you start a Kingdom, you're immediately at war with 2-3 factions just for existing. Those factions just relentlessly batter you, while they let their own settlements and castles get taken from the other factions they're at war with - but that's ok, because they're still wanting to beat down on the new guy. It's really, really, really odd behaviour from the AI. They shouldn't be focused on eradicating a small-strength kingdom that poses little to no threat, and should be focused on the faction that's swept through two kingdoms to meet them and then is taking all their settlements and income away from them. Not to mention that becoming stronger is also virtually impossible. Lords you're "best friends" with in the game, are demanding you pay them 800k gold to betray their lord that they have a -20 relationship with? Seriously? The whole loyalty and alignment thing needs serious work, and I mean serious work. It's utterly terrible as it stands.
  4. Loot / Equipment - The loot rewards are madly imbalanced. You get way too much loot from battles to the point an entire settlement can't buy you out after a few successful battles (so just perform one siege and the ensuing 21 battles of relentless AI onslaught will be surely enough to buy out all the settlements in the region). This in turn makes buying armour, buying weapons, pretty pointless, because you're always going to end up being able to fund it after a very short space of time - if you don't cheat and just marry someone and steal their armour anyway. It'd be nice to have the best loot extremely rare, and even still eventually be able to craft the best stuff at the highest level yourself (if you invest time into smithing), personally, I've rarely been bothered to do any smithing because it costs a lot of resources and stamina, and takes way too long. Some people probably enjoy it, but meh... In an MMORPG, sure, that's great... in Bannerlord not so much. If the Stamina were to be removed, then cool... it makes it much better imo.
I'll just address a few points with some input so I cleared everything else out for clarity.

1. I had constant issues with loot/inventory crashes and corrupted saves when playing 1.5.9/10 heavily modded. I started a new game in 1.6 without any issues what so ever. I re-added quite a few mods with focus on tweaks and still no issues. The crashes you describe have been tied to the mod that alter loot drops (I can't confirm that though). Are you running modded or vanilla, and which version of the game?

2. I agree that we shouldn't be able to exploit and cheese mechanics such as retreating, but I wouldn't call it bad AI that the AI lords will prioritize stopping a siege of their own town rather than doing anything else. For more relevant troop tiers I can recommend Realistic Battle Mod. I'm not a fan of all changes, and it makes arenas completely ridiculous but it creates a huge gap in performance between the Elite Cataphract and the Looter.

3. Once again, in 1.6 haven't noticed that issue. Kingdom's are less prone to war overall. Haven't played enough of the campaign to get a better understanding of the new behaviour, but I have started a kingdom using conquered rebel cities as a foundation. I do agree that recruiting lords is ridiculous on so many levels (especially in terms of economic balance).

4. Again, using any mods? That doesn't seem very vanilla unless you're high level and a grand master rogue.

You know that old saying "quantity has a quality of it's own"? your retinue will be the backbone of your army but hundreds of fodder troops help immensely in large battles, sieges and specially holding the land after it since the AI lords will put them in the garrison.

The game needs battles to be more meaningful indeed but for now taking out one enemy field army will give you around a week of peace to siege a fief until they reform, beating two enemy field armies will weaken them for about two weeks more or less in which time you can take 2 maybe 3 fiefs if you rush.

I usually only start to siege after beating atleast one enemy army otherwise they'll come straight at you and then it's a matter of attrition, take them out and recruit like crazy before they can reform and pose a threat again, also disband your army after a few conquests since the lords become useless with few troops, let them go home and recruit on their own and in a few days they'll be ready to join an army again.

Not at the expense of the quality...
If you're sending fodder in to just be killed from your AI parties, then your AI parties end up leaving the battle with like 10~ troops leftover, while you still have 200. They then encounter one other AI party (probably merc party), and they're instantly captured, and no more AI party, which means you have to go roaming around to go find them, in the middle of a war.

It just isn't practical to make an army.

I'll just address a few points with some input so I cleared everything else out for clarity.

1. I had constant issues with loot/inventory crashes and corrupted saves when playing 1.5.9/10 heavily modded. I started a new game in 1.6 without any issues what so ever. I re-added quite a few mods with focus on tweaks and still no issues. The crashes you describe have been tied to the mod that alter loot drops (I can't confirm that though). Are you running modded or vanilla, and which version of the game?

2. I agree that we shouldn't be able to exploit and cheese mechanics such as retreating, but I wouldn't call it bad AI that the AI lords will prioritize stopping a siege of their own town rather than doing anything else. For more relevant troop tiers I can recommend Realistic Battle Mod. I'm not a fan of all changes, and it makes arenas completely ridiculous but it creates a huge gap in performance between the Elite Cataphract and the Looter.

3. Once again, in 1.6 haven't noticed that issue. Kingdom's are less prone to war overall. Haven't played enough of the campaign to get a better understanding of the new behaviour, but I have started a kingdom using conquered rebel cities as a foundation. I do agree that recruiting lords is ridiculous on so many levels (especially in terms of economic balance).

4. Again, using any mods? That doesn't seem very vanilla unless you're high level and a grand master rogue.

Vanilla. 1.6.0

It's not that they try and defend, I like that.
It's that you set them free, and they have absolutely no travel time, they just teleport to one of their cities, instantly restock an army, and they're back at you before the day is out... this absolutely kills immersion.

Kingdom's are less prone to war. For once, I'm only generally at war with 2-3 Kingdoms at once... not 4-6 - I don't play fringes to limit this - I take the central areas - I want the game to read and understand the scenario, and limit itself, which is what it should do.

No mods.

I'm not Dabos but...

-Two towns directly adjacent to each other.
-All recruiting slots unlocked in those towns.
-3 million denars.
-A few thousand units of food in the stash.
-Hundreds of horses in the stash.
-Three clan parties with max troops, tier 3 or higher.

The last three are for purposes of rapid expansion, to keep your army fast and fed while you take someone's towns. The huge pile of money is because when your kingdom is declared every single faction will see someone really weak they can easily conquer so you'll have to pay huge tribute amounts to keep them off your nuts. The last time I founded a kingdom, I was losing around 15,000 per day in tribute payments at the start and had to clear them off one by one by declaring war (a very short one) once my kingdom was more powerful.
yeah I agree with your points, this game is not that easy if you don't cheat at all, it will take you 1000+ days just to achieve all that points that you listed, and ready to start your own kingdom,

I will create 3 parties and let my companions lead it, each party can have 100+ soldiers, you can create army and call them into your army without any influence cost, so initially after you create your kingdom, you would have 300+ of your own party, and 3 companions , total 600+ man army, enough for you to attack a median size army, and defend your town. I found this trick pretty helpful

yeah I agree with your points, this game is not that easy if you don't cheat at all, it will take you 1000+ days just to achieve all that points that you listed, and ready to start your own kingdom,

I will create 3 parties and let my companions lead it, each party can have 100+ soldiers, you can create army and call them into your army without any influence cost, so initially after you create your kingdom, you would have 300+ of your own party, and 3 companions , total 600+ man army, enough for you to attack a median size army, and defend your town. I found this trick pretty helpful
It can be achieved faster, but in any case, 1000 days is actually not that much if we think about heritage.

I usually become king at day 700-800 or so.

With luck it can happen a lot sooner... If you prey on rebellions to accumulate fiefs, and get a little luck, you might end up with 4 or 5 reasonably close cities. With that many, and no enemies, you can accumulate cash at an alarming rate. At that point it's a matter of making a list of landless clans and doing a speed run to collect 3 or 4. Again with luck, you'll only have to pay out a couple of factions while you do it.

Back
Top Bottom