MP These are the real issues with the class system.

Users who are viewing this thread

These threads of mine will not stop until a developer or Callum acknowledges that they know people are not happy with MP, and steps are being taken to correct the mistakes.
YF8jPG.gif

Hold fast boy

1) You aren't letting us be stupid
I feel this is the most important reason why we don't like the classes... We can't run around naked with a dagger and throwin knives, and we can't show off our hideous character we spent customizing for the memes, because we are forced to wear a helmet.

2) The class system doesn't actually prevent snowballing.
In TDM when I die a lot, I get stuck having to use a peasant with a sickle quite often, while the people who are already doing well just repeat their slaughter upon me. The class system may work great in Captain Mode, but in literally every mode it will not work. It makes more sense to just give everyone a set amount of gold so that everyone can have a level playing field throughout the whole match.

3) I can't equip myself for ever-changing situations in combat.
I want to be able to tweak and switch my loadout on the fly to be able to combat a strength the enemy team has, or to capitalize on a weakness they have. For example, I notice the team is swinging wildly without accuracy and they never aim for my head. I want to be able to take my helmet off and use those points I just removed, towards better body armor. Or maybe I keep dying because archers keep shooting my feet while I'm on a horse. I need to be able to sacrifice one piece of my gear in order to protect myself where I am vulnerable in that situation. This happens much more often than you would expect

4) The class system does not allow us to identify people we play with on a regular basis.
This is so much more important than you probably think, Taleworlds. When I get to know people, or when I play against them a lot... I tend to recognize their appearance and remember their fighting style. This adds a level of immersion that you don't see in other games. It's a sort of exciting feeling when you see someone you know on the enemy team based off of their appearance, cleaving through a bunch of your guys, knowing you're going to have to be next at some point.

I understand that in TDM or DM one sometimes want to relax and just act a little stupid, but for every other gamemode I'm sorry but I have to disagree:

1) In my case this one of the most annoying things when playing warband was this, a lot of people running without shoes to run faster, and trying to tweak the equipment to the limit. I like to have this option in DM and TDM as I said, but not for the "quick" or future ranked searches.

2) I like how it works in Skirmish. You can save some points to have an extra good soldier on your next round or just try to take the risk of spending it all. I would like to see how is it done in competitive games.

3) That is part of the point, your equipment is limited so you will have to group with others who are stronger than you in some situations, and give extra support when is it you who has the correct equipment. It actually makes you feel like a soldier in a war/battle rather than an almighty hero (this is not singleplayer).

4) You are right here, in warband you can spot someone from a distance and know who it is, because you recognized the faces of regular players.
Now you can only rely on being close to them and see their names. I do miss that.

This is just my oppinion, sorry I know a lot of you don't like the classes system and would like to have more options to customize your characters.
I really really would like to see an option to choose between several different cosmetical options for the same class, but looking for balance and competitive (outside DM and TDM), I like this class system.

I understand that in TDM or DM one sometimes want to relax and just act a little stupid, but for every other gamemode I'm sorry but I have to disagree:

1) In my case this one of the most annoying things when playing warband was this, a lot of people running without shoes to run faster, and trying to tweak the equipment to the limit. I like to have this option in DM and TDM as I said, but not for the "quick" or future ranked searches.

2) I like how it works in Skirmish. You can save some points to have an extra good soldier on your next round or just try to take the risk of spending it all. I would like to see how is it done in competitive games.

3) That is part of the point, your equipment is limited so you will have to group with others who are stronger than you in some situations, and give extra support when is it you who has the correct equipment. It actually makes you feel like a soldier in a war/battle rather than an almighty hero (this is not singleplayer).

4) You are right here, in warband you can spot someone from a distance and know who it is, because you recognized the faces of regular players.
Now you can only rely on being close to them and see their names. I do miss that.

This is just my oppinion, sorry I know a lot of you don't like the classes system and would like to have more options to customize your characters.
I really really would like to see an option to choose between several different cosmetical options for the same class, but looking for balance and competitive (outside DM and TDM), I like this class system.
Tweaking the equipment "to the limit" is part of the skill (it's an RPG after all). If they run without any shoes, they get increased damage when hit in those areas.

The naked thing isn't really a strong argument imo.

But it's an aspect of customisation that I feel is important. Even playing Warband now you can still tweak your favourite loadout or try something totally new. Playing Bannerlord I just kinda play one or two units of a faction until the end of a round - there's no progression.

But it's an aspect of customisation that I feel is important. Even playing Warband now you can still tweak your favourite loadout or try something totally new. Playing Bannerlord I just kinda play one or two units of a faction until the end of a round - there's no progression.
its more because the system isnt working properly, rather than it being bad

So I actually play competitively with a group already. I can tell you that you are wrong. Classes in Skirmish (A competitive mode) does not work. If a clan is steam rolling you and all you have access to is a peasant with a sickle to try and make a comeback... That sounds incredibly stupid to me.

Equipment being limited so that you have to "group with others who are stronger" sounds nice on paper, but in reality, does not happen unless you are highly coordinated in a discord.

I agree, the class system would have been better if they add customization to the classes, for example, you can choose the class skirmisher, you get skirmisher stats to your character and the option to choose between a variety of armors and weapons of "skirmisher" style only, cavalry the same, you have high riding points and can choose different horses and armors, lances or spears, etc.

The current class system is an strong downgrade to the game and it is not fun.
I strongly agree with you, if nothing else, doing this would give more visual variety.

I strongly agree with you, if nothing else, doing this would give more visual variety.
I disagree. I want simplified classes that make sense. Why would anyone want to choose a peasant in a competitive environment? In some factions if you die enough times, the lower 2 classes that you are able to pick after dying so many times don't have shields. I just don't like not being able to choose a class based on my playstyle at all times.

So I actually play competitively with a group already. I can tell you that you are wrong. Classes in Skirmish (A competitive mode) does not work. If a clan is steam rolling you and all you have access to is a peasant with a sickle to try and make a comeback... That sounds incredibly stupid to me.

Equipment being limited so that you have to "group with others who are stronger" sounds nice on paper, but in reality, does not happen unless you are highly coordinated in a discord.

I do play in a group too and we could comeback some times when loosing 0-2. The thing here is in warband with the same conditions, all the team would have geared up and they would be 2x difficult to kill, all of them (3x or 4x if using bannerlord's damage system with heavy armor).

Now, when you are losing you don't have to equip yourself with a peasant, you have up to 2 good classes. The enemy could use 3 because of their points. The difference with you will be that they are 1.5x times to kill (if they all die before the time is up or no team won by points).

The winning team as always get an advantage, but comparing warband's battles with bannerlord's skirmish it seems to me like the class system prevents steamroll on similar skill matches. (As always, talking about skirmish, my experience and my oppinion).

Back
Top Bottom