SP - General There should be few/no multiplayer-only achievements

Users who are viewing this thread

GrayingGamer

Recruit
I absolutely love steam achievements - they are one of the primary ways I derive goals for my playtime, and finishing them is very satisfying.

I really hope Taleworlds considers changing the settings for the steam achievements that are currently multiplayer-only (Mounted Archery, Ride it like you stole it, Slice n dice, Catch, Headhunter, Butcher of Calradia, Lance-a-lot, Roadkill, Jack of All Trades, etc etc). All of these achievements would work just fine for single player games and would be very fun to complete.

If you want to encourage people to try multiplayer, then there should be one simple achievement: "participate in a multiplayer skirmish," or something along those lines. That's it. Don't try to manipulate or coerce your players into more than that.

I absolutely adore your game and I would love to add it to my list of 100% achievement games, but as it stands now that's just not going to happen. I put lots of time into various pvp games decades ago, and it's just not something I'm interested in anymore.

There should be few/no single player achievements

While I only play single player, the thread title is an eye roll for me. I don’t know what the percentage of achievements are multiplayer, but it doesn’t seem like a suffocating amount. More then 50% and I’d be asking for better balance, but to expect a game to exclude achievements from some of their game functions is obnoxious.

"but to expect a game to exclude achievements from some of their game functions is obnoxious," and yet that's exactly what they're currently doing, and I'm asking them to change it. Currently there's a bunch of combat-related achievements that you HAVE to do multiplayer to achieve, and it is kinda obnoxious.

People could still get the listed achievements in multiplayer, I'm just asking that they're not exclusively multiplayer. You ignored the "-only" part of my post and subject line.

People could still get the listed achievements in multiplayer, I'm just asking that they're not exclusively multiplayer. You ignored the "-only" part of my post and subject line.
But when 0% of single-player achievements can be solved in MP, why should MP achievements be solveable in SP?

Its a mixed game. To get your 100%, do both or live with it :smile:

But when 0% of single-player achievements can be solved in MP, why should MP achievements be solveable in SP?

Its a mixed game. To get your 100%, do both or live with it
If a SP achievement is unattainable in MP, it's because it's LITERALLY unattainable - you don't have children or execute lords in MP. That makes sense.

On the other hand, there are all sorts of activities that you DO in SP, and the achievements just don't work for these. It just doesn't make sense. Especially when it's clear that the overwhelming majority of people who play the game are SP. There's actually a fair amount of confusion on the steam message boards because of this - "why isn't this achievement tracking??" and literally half the responses are people saying it's broken, because NO ONE does MP and they haven't realized that's where you can get it.

If a SP achievement is unattainable in MP, it's because it's LITERALLY unattainable - you don't have children or execute lords in MP. That makes sense.

On the other hand, there are all sorts of activities that you DO in SP, and the achievements just don't work for these. It just doesn't make sense. Especially when it's clear that the overwhelming majority of people who play the game are SP. There's actually a fair amount of confusion on the steam message boards because of this - "why isn't this achievement tracking??" and literally half the responses are people saying it's broken, because NO ONE does MP and they haven't realized that's where you can get it.
Is not achivement text like

"In skirmish mode"(Jack of all trades)
"in captain mode"(Butcher of Calradia)
"in multiplayer"(Roadkill)
"enemy player(s)"(This is Sparta, Ride it like you stole it, Catch, Strike!, Headhunter)

clear enough to desrcribe the purpose and make them LITTERALLY unattainable in SP?

"Slice n dice" and "Lance-a-lot" I agree is badly described - its litteraly unclear its MP only.

Generally the descriptive texts does not follow a clear pattern and could be improved/streamlined.

Back
Top Bottom