SP - General There should be an option to deploying troops to villages

Users who are viewing this thread

VonCarstein

Recruit
Enemy lords always and always come to raid villages like they go crazy.

1 of 2 hours of my playthrough wasting with trying to defend villages over and over again from irritating enemy lords.

They come to raid village with 50 recruits and die and spawn again and repeat this process. I'm bored with trying to defend my villages with my 150 tier 4-5-6 men

My companions travelling around the map randomly unless I call them to army which takes days and they usually come to my army after village is raided.

So there should be an option to deploying troops to defend villages just like in Skyrim after the first dragon attack.

Somewhat agree yeah; basically fixable if they added in the ability to give commands to clan parties e.g. Defend our fiefs/raid enemy fiefs/recruit & train units/join armies/hunt bandit parties etc.

How about instead of deploying them in the villages, you garrison them as normal in castles/towns and then there's an option to allow the Ai to send a force from this garrison to defend their surrounding villages.

This way there's an actual risk/reward system behind it and not it's not just an garrison spamming mechanic.

How about instead of deploying them in the villages, you garrison them as normal in castles/towns and then there's an option to allow the Ai to send a force from this garrison to defend their surrounding villages.

This way there's an actual risk/reward system behind it and not it's not just an garrison spamming mechanic.
Definitely like to see this implemented ?

This is an awesome suggestion :grin:

Also make the lords raid the villages less... to me it seems like a little bit of an overkill, they're ALWAYS raiding. No matter if they are good-natured or opposite, they will raid villages. Merciful lords etc should be less likely to raid villages. That way, if someone raids your village you KNOW it was a cruel-natured lord, and now that there are less lords that will raid villages you can actually go on a bit of a vendeta and capture them, execute them, and there you have it, one less lord that can raid your villages. Also such traits can be also transmitted to their children, so there is a steady supply of such lords, and sometimes the traits of the children will be randomized/opposite to the parents as well, for a little bit of randomness and flavor to the game.

Honestly, BANDITS should raid villages more than lords do. But bandits don't raid villages at all. It would also be easier to defend vs a bunch of looters than a lord and his army. Bandit heroes would be a great addition to the game as well.

+1
I like it. Interestingly, it would be a twist to the patrol option offered by the Diplomacy mod.

Also make the lords raid the villages less... to me it seems like a little bit of an overkill, they're ALWAYS raiding. No matter if they are good-natured or opposite, they will raid villages. Merciful lords etc should be less likely to raid villages. That way, if someone raids your village you KNOW it was a cruel-natured lord, and now that there are less lords that will raid villages you can actually go on a bit of a vendeta and capture them, execute them, and there you have it, one less lord that can raid your villages. Also such traits can be also transmitted to their children, so there is a steady supply of such lords, and sometimes the traits of the children will be randomized/opposite to the parents as well, for a little bit of randomness and flavor to the game.

Honestly, BANDITS should raid villages more than lords do. But bandits don't raid villages at all. It would also be easier to defend vs a bunch of looters than a lord and his army. Bandit heroes would be a great addition to the game as well.
These 2 are great ideas.I hope developers see and implement these features.

Really like this idea, would make the lords character matter which would be a brilliant addition and it would also make village raids less of a constant and so more of an impact when they did happen.
Limited numbers of bandit heroes is a great idea too. If you had one for each bandit faction and if killed you would just spawned a new random one with a new name in a weeks time. Give them a small body guard of top tier bandit troops and a slightly larger force size and it would be an interesting additional mechanic that I'd love to see implemented.

That sounds pretty dope.

+1

I'd like to see a system where if the village is raided, the villagers flee to the safety of the local castle/city and after the village is raided, they return to their village. Perhaps also implement a cost for them to get the village back on its feet, purchase of tools, wood, clay and a bunch of whatever they produce to re-seed their fields or get their herds back to breeding size.
If you successfully go through these steps the village prosperity/size should suffer less during raids

Good idea. Maybe it would make taking castles too easy though? You go to an enemy village, raid it and kill the garrison of the castle. Taking the castle should be way easier now.

Good idea. Maybe it would make taking castles too easy though? You go to an enemy village, raid it and kill the garrison of the castle. Taking the castle should be way easier now.

Yeah, exactly that occurred to me when I suggested governed settlements actively defend their villages, with the governor as party leader.

Yeah, exactly that occurred to me when I suggested governed settlements actively defend their villages, with the governor as party leader.
I guess you could code AI garrison to only help the village if they have the stronger force. Still, this could be abused especially when we can give orders to parties (you tell your companion party to attack the village while you go for the castle). On the other hand it would be a reward for clever tactics.

I guess you could code AI garrison to only help the village if they have the stronger force. Still, this could be abused especially when we can give orders to parties (you tell your companion party to attack the village while you go for the castle). On the other hand it would be a reward for clever tactics.
If this feature is too abusable than they can change AI behavior to raid less

That's why it's risk/reward.
Reward: Your villages are defended.
Risk: Your castle has a weaker garrison.

You can always choose not to send a force to defend, but at least the option would be there.

I was talking about being the attacker.
Maybe, but the idea would be they wouldn't send a force if they didn't have a chance to win, or you take so many casualties you don't have enough men left to attack the castle anyway.

I get what you're saying though, would be something they'd need to balance. Sadly I'm certain the feature will never be added anyway, because TW's bosses.

Thats pretty nice idea.

Back
Top Bottom