There should be a slider that allows the players to choose how fast the day/night cycle is

Users who are viewing this thread

As I said, since a console command for what I want already exists,
Which one? I can only see:
  • campaign.move_time_forward
  • campaign.multiply_campaign_speed
AFAIK neither of these do what you are suggesting. Optimisation spreads out which daily ticks events are tested on to avoid too high a processing load simultaneously, which would stress fps on potato pcs and game consoles. I'd be extremely surprised if that can all be unscrambled for a risk-free slider.

Optimised core campaign logic and mechanics to improve general campaign performance and reduce AI decision spikes.

Last edited:
Which one? I can only see:
  • campaign.move_time_forward
  • campaign.multiply_campaign_speed
AFAIK neither of these do what you are suggesting. Optimisation spreads out which daily ticks events are tested on to avoid too high a processing load simultaneously, which would stress fps on potato pcs and game consoles. I'd be extremely surprised if that can all be unscrambled for a risk-free slider.
I myself didn't actually try these commands but iirc, I think campaign.multiply_campaign_speed is the one that speeds up the game from what I saw Strat playing the game, but the command also makes the daily ticks like wages and influence, ect. faster as well, so not exactly what I suggested. Does the command also make your and AI parties twice as fast if you speed up the game x2 ? If yes, my idea would be much harder to implement and lowering the amount of days in a year becomes much more feasible (probably, idk if its something easy to change).
You're right though I didn't really think about the impact on performance. Although making it a slider with a red text underneath when you choose faster game speed warning people that this setting taxes your performance can be a band-aid solution I guess.

I myself didn't actually try these commands but iirc, I think campaign.multiply_campaign_speed is the one that speeds up the game from what I saw Strat playing the game, but the command also makes the daily ticks like wages and influence, ect. faster as well, so not exactly what I suggested. Does the command also make your and AI parties twice as fast if you speed up the game x2 ? If yes, my idea would be much harder to implement and lowering the amount of days in a year becomes much more feasible (probably, idk if its something easy to change).
You're right though I didn't really think about the impact on performance. Although making it a slider with a red text underneath when you choose faster game speed warning people that this setting taxes your performance can be a band-aid solution I guess.
AFAIK campaign.multiply_campaign_speed is just like the game's two arrow fast forward button, giving control over speed as opposed to the single fixed setting allowed by the button.

Does the command also make your and AI parties twice as fast if you speed up the game x2 ? If yes, my idea would be much harder to implement and lowering the amount of days in a year becomes much more feasible (probably, idk if its something easy to change).
Yeah, it's just speeding up the whole game. What you're asking for is something like a seconds-per-day or days-per-year or days-per-season slider, which is entirely within the realm of possibility - it can be modded, though it's a little bit of a pain, and I'm pretty sure there are mods that do it.

How about a similiar option as the one in Civilisation games. Where you can choose the game length? So one that makes the seasons 2 weeks, one that makes them 3, and one that makes them 4? All in the option menu when you set difficulty and so on

Back
Top Bottom