There should be a slider that allows the players to choose how fast the day/night cycle is

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
At the current state of the game, there is basically no chance of having your character die of old age and for your own child to succeed you. Even with character retirements that the devs said they will implement, it doesn't change the major issue of time passing too slowly for your children to grow. If you somehow managed to get married in day 1 and added your spouse to your party, getting them or your character pregnant in the same day, it takes more than 1500 in-game days for your child to reach adulthood. 1500 days is ultra late game or even post endgame for probably the majority of the player base.
I propose that we should get a slider that enables us to choose how fast the day/night cycles are. To balance the gameplay, it should also increase the payments due period; for example, if we made the day/night cycles 3x faster, the payments (and other things affected by number of days except pregnancy and character/npc aging) should now be made once every 3 days. I think that levelling progression for every skill besides tactics is in a good spot now to enable players to achieve the skills they built for during a lifetime if we sped up the time. Speeding up the day/night cycles would also help with the issue of player characters becoming master of too many skills and all playthrough becoming too same-y over time, decreasing potential re-playability (although this may just be an issue for me).

More seriously, it's probably too late in the day ... they won't be adding major new quality-of-life features like this now.

I could be wrong... but I doubt it.

There is no day/night cycle. Only change of light conditions. Calradia never sleeps!

Tbh while I understand your pessimism, this is by no means a "significant" feature, it already exists as a console command. The only additions would be 1) making sure that payments are made once in x days, with x being the day/night speed multiplier, 2) a simple(?) UI for making this happen.

meanwhile i think time passes a bit too fast and im in no hurry to play as my offspring because its a perk reset. i also disagree with "no chance of having your character die of old age" because my progress is being halted by anti-snowball programming and how my own faction forces me to make peace with weak factions, giving them a chance to rebuild their armies and surprise-invade me later when im busy elsewhere

but im not against having a slider, i love more options

meanwhile i think time passes a bit too fast and im in no hurry to play as my offspring because its a perk reset. i also disagree with "no chance of having your character die of old age" because my progress is being halted by anti-snowball programming and how my own faction forces me to make peace with weak factions, giving them a chance to rebuild their armies and surprise-invade me later when im busy elsewhere

but im not against having a slider, i love more options
I'm not sure how the specific console command for changing the speed of day/night works but if it allows you to also slow down the time, players like you would also benefit from this slider.

If you "slow down" a "little bit" you could just wait in a town until you die and continue to play as your heir to take the very last fief!

And no worries, you will have all factions alive even if only one has one fief left because of magic.

:iamamoron:

@MRay, do you think this suggestion is feasible enough to adapt in a reasonable time/effort? I think just adding this would enable the game to be dynastic and make it more customisable while still allowing the player character to live long enough to matter and possibly even still allow conquest the whole map with the original character.

At the current state of the game, there is basically no chance of having your character die of old age and for your own child to succeed you. Even with character retirements that the devs said they will implement, it doesn't change the major issue of time passing too slowly for your children to grow. If you somehow managed to get married in day 1 and added your spouse to your party, getting them or your character pregnant in the same day, it takes more than 1500 in-game days for your child to reach adulthood. 1500 days is ultra late game or even post endgame for probably the majority of the player base.
I propose that we should get a slider that enables us to choose how fast the day/night cycles are. To balance the gameplay, it should also increase the payments due period; for example, if we made the day/night cycles 3x faster, the payments (and other things affected by number of days except pregnancy and character/npc aging) should now be made once every 3 days. I think that levelling progression for every skill besides tactics is in a good spot now to enable players to achieve the skills they built for during a lifetime if we sped up the time. Speeding up the day/night cycles would also help with the issue of player characters becoming master of too many skills and all playthrough becoming too same-y over time, decreasing potential re-playability (although this may just be an issue for me).

The problem is that you'll have to pay sallaries more often. Other than that it shouldn't be a problem.

The problem is that you'll have to pay sallaries more often. Other than that it shouldn't be a problem.
As I said, since a console command for what I want already exists, the only things TW would need to add would be a UI for the slider & changing the number of days of "daily" ticks such as wages, influence, loyalty, security, etc. to 1 tick in x days where x is how much faster the cycle is. If the slider could for example make a day go by in half the speed however, I imagine people would still want to pay wages once per day rather than twice.

Yes, seasons should be cut to 2 weeks.
Eh, I argue that shortening the day/night cycle is the way to go, otherwise, if a mod tried to add more features to seasons (e.g. needing furs and alcohol for going through snowy territory or needing linen for going through the desert and whatnot) 1-2 week seasons would make the mods much less effective.

Eh, I argue that shortening the day/night cycle is the way to go, otherwise, if a mod tried to add more features to seasons (e.g. needing furs and alcohol for going through snowy territory or needing linen for going through the desert and whatnot) 1-2 week seasons would make the mods much less effective.
Dont care about mods. Never use them

As I said, since a console command for what I want already exists, the only things TW would need to add would be a UI for the slider & changing the number of days of "daily" ticks such as wages, influence, loyalty, security, etc. to 1 tick in x days where x is how much faster the cycle is. If the slider could for example make a day go by in half the speed however, I imagine people would still want to pay wages once per day rather than twice.
True, that would be an easy fix to the rule set.

Definitely not for everyone. I do not want to speed up time, as I do not want to play as my great-great-grandchild or whatever. I much rather start a new char.
I would more prefer a longer pregnancy period (e.g. 2/3 of the year instead of the silly short period it now is).

So, as long as the slider also allows to SLOW the time, and perhaps sliders to set periods for war cool down, pregnancy period, it may work.

What you really want is Crusader Kings with possibility to fight battles in real time with your main character. That would have to be completely different game done by different game studio.
M&B game design is based on so many gimmicks, nonsensical interaction and half-thought out features that it can never become what you want. Its genetics are of different species.
M&B is action RPG with a bit of economy/politics background layer. Its rags-to-riches ONE character ONE lifetime. Anything else on top of it is just thinning, sort of stretching the game, like a butter scraped over too much bread.

This suggestion is total garbage. :iamamoron:

Honestly, I think a slider is going to mess a lot of things up, especially ones time-related. Imagine someone sliding it faster for an in-game month then back to slow. I can't think of the specifics yet, but it reeks of silly bugs appearing all over my buttery face.

Back
Top Bottom