There should be 2 different movement speeds (light armor and heavy armor)

Users who are viewing this thread

I believe that bannerlord would benefit from a more realistic approach to movement speed based on weight.

Currently movement speeds vary dramatically based on class selection rather then weight/equipment carried, I think this is a mistake. There are classes((even within the infantry classes)such as peasant, rabble, clan warrior, etc) that are lightly armored but still run slower than heavily armored infantry(with speed perk).

Movement speed is essential to melee combat when outnumbered. Given a two on one scenario you simply cannot win if you are artificially slower then your opponents.

Archer and cavalry classes should not be punished for trying to melee by having a movement penalty (they have this bc arrows have an artificially high armor penetration rate and cavalry have horses with high hit points and an un-blockable strike mechanic (horse bump strike) given the removal of the movement penalty on these two classes these should be removed/balanced along with the speed penalty that infantry/archers have when using a horse and the accuracy penalty infantry/cavalry have when using a bow)

Having two different movement speeds would even the playing field so that all classes can melee equally(relative to movement speed) differentiating themselves only through individual skill rather then inherit class advantage/disadvantage.

Another benefit to a uniform movement speed approach based only on armor weight would be in catching fleeing/delaying opponents. Having equal running speeds (two lightly armored opponents chasing one lightly armored individual) ensures that an individual cannot run away forever because they are 1 point faster then everyone else(beserker class is the fastest right now I think). Given a finite space and equal running speeds 2 individuals would always catch 1 person fleeing/delaying.

To clarify, I am not saying that everyone should run the same with their relative equipment (either heavily armored running speed or lightly armored running speed) rather that anyone without any weapons/equipment would run the same as any other person without thier weapons/equipment relative to their armor classification(light or heavy armor). So a light archer would still be caught by a heavy infantry(the quiver/bow could have the movement penalty instead of the archer himself to prevent kiting, this is also realistic because it is hard to run with a quiver full of arrows) unless the light archer dropped his bow/quiver.

Last edited:
I believe that bannerlord would benefit from a more realistic approach to movement speed based on weight.
Well the developers don't nor many of the players here as realism is nog something they want to achieve.

Movement speed is essential to melee combat when outnumbered. Given a two on one scenario you simply cannot win if you are artificially slower then your opponents.
Lmao, then you don't play the game. Winning a 2v1 really isn't that hard.

The rest of your thread is just repeating points from previous posts, it's all bs.

These movement differences were there in Warband and they increase versatility.

Translation:

"When I drop all my gear and run away (pretty much playing like a total pest) I don't like that my opponents are able chase me down and punish me. Taleworlds please cater to my whims."

Having your movement speed change when you hold down block or attack and also be different when moving backwards vs moving forwards feels terrible and too hard to keep track of. If there's a "combat speed" that makes you a bit slower when holding block or attack, then it needs to be the same moving backwards as moving forwards. logically and gameplay wise it should be the same in my opinion.

Wrong, Yes you can.
I watched Jesus clutch in a 5v1. The way he did it, and the only way it can be done anymore is to hold down the s key the entire time while blocking and attacking perfectly, since once they get close to you you won't be able to get away without turning around and running and hoping they miss you.

Wrong, you can do that on European servers because European players are bad at the game. I can beat them with over 100 ping
>european players bad at the game
Which gamemodes did you play? EU has the best players, stop trolling

>european players bad at the game
Which gamemodes did you play? EU has the best players, stop trolling
I can go to eu duel with 20 players on it and be the best one there with 100 ping. I played skirmish with eu clans that were bad too. The American community is smaller and better at the game overall.

Younes made arni scared to duel him, but in the same breath hes scared to play with the NA guys because of his lack of skill. NA is for sure better than EUs, I have yet to see EU players do well on NA.
Alexa, bring up the amount of players people playing NA and the amount of people playing EU before battle was out.

Alexa now you formulate a conclusion that will end up saying: "EU has no interest playing NA because they have enough people, but the same can't be said otherwise with NA"

And finally, Alexa, you go to TDM if there are even any players in NA and whoop everyone because they only know how to spam. After you're done, go on the forums and say all of NA sucks

EUROPE HAS BETTER PLAYERS, COPE SEETH MALD NA

EUROPE HAS BETTER PLAYERS, COPE SEETH MALD NA
Extremely based
Younes made arni scared to duel him, but in the same breath hes scared to play with the NA guys because of his lack of skill. NA is for sure better than EUs, I have yet to see EU players do well on NA.
Cope harder burger.
I can go to eu duel with 20 players on it and be the best one there with 100 ping. I played skirmish with eu clans that were bad too. The American community is smaller and better at the game overall.
Whats your steam name? Which clans did you play skirmish with? please name them

They did have weight based movement speed, I was under the impression that it was still very heavily weight based, although the perks do kind of make the whole thing a moot point by magically buffing speed, which you could argue whether or not that should be in the game, but I personally don't think cav or archer should be as good as inf in melee, for what should be an obvious reason, then there would be no point to take inf, and it's literally their specialty they should be better.

Back
Top Bottom