Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

Sgt_Ross

Recruit
Summary: Every time I go onto the main screen of banner lord there is only the buttons for quit, options and credits
How to Reproduce: going onto the main screen
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A (Newly created account)
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 30.0.15.1215
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: BaseBoard Product Z590 UD AC
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD
Extra info: I have done multiple things to help this I have deleted every folder that had Bannerlord on it and uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I have Deleted the LuacnherData.xml I have no idea what I need to do

Delete whole folder of Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs and verify game files

Also make sure that the native "modules" are enabled (sandbox, sandboxcore, story mode etc.)

plus might as well update to 1.0 (unselect 1.9 beta) as it is the same with same mod compatibility with just added voicelines.

Delete whole folder of Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs and verify game files

Also make sure that the native "modules" are enabled (sandbox, sandboxcore, story mode etc.)

plus might as well update to 1.0 (unselect 1.9 beta) as it is the same with same mod compatibility with just added voicelines.
I tired to delete configs and verify file integrity but it still did the same thing

Hey, did you delete the whole ":\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" file and verify the integrity of the game files? Please let me know if the issue is persistent on the release version as well. You can check this by selecting "none" under the betas tab in steam properties menu.

Hey, did you delete the whole ":\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" file and verify the integrity of the game files? Please let me know if the issue is persistent on the release version as well. You can check this by selecting "none" under the betas tab in steam properties menu.
This did not work

Hey, can you delete "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs" to try a more pinpoint method. If the issue is persistent please try a clean install.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Mutliplayer just freezes and crashes on start up during the loading screen. Is it the same for you @Sgt_Ross ?

@uçanbiblo
2022-11-09_20.43.43_0b716a0911eafa10f81de88bd4232718

Edit: I checked the log myself now. Its seems like it some issue that the game cant verfiy .dll's for some reason (I assume windows related).
Forcing the launcher "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe" to start as admin, and open it directly in common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client, works.

Last edited:
Mutliplayer just freezes and crashes on start up during the loading screen. Is it the same for you @Sgt_Ross ?

@uçanbiblo

Edit: I checked the log myself now. Its seems like it some issue that the game cant verfiy .dll's for some reason (I assume windows related).
Forcing the launcher "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe" to start as admin, and open it directly in common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client, works.
Wait how do I do that, im not sure how to make either of them run as a admin and which one specifically do you mean open it directly?

@uçanbiblo

Okay so if I go directly to the "Bannerlord" Program in common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client and start it up that way it seems to start weather mods work or not I havent tested yet

Okay so if I go directly to the "Bannerlord" Program in common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client and start it up that way it seems to start weather mods work or not I havent tested yet
Yep exactly. I tried it with mods too, it works. You need to start the launcher in there for that though. Its a bit tricky. "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe"

To force programs to start as admin, open its properties, go to the compatibility tab, and then you can tick a box at the bottom to forced it to start as admin. You'll need to do that with the launcher and the other Bannerlord_??.exe files. Cause the Launcher starts those.

Back
Top Bottom